Simple questions?

Comments

• It's just that the chances of it turning into a piece you want is miniscule, given that there are so many types of curios out there. Trading is almost always better, but sometimes, that's just not an option with the limited edition ones where literally no one has those pieces anymore.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lerad said:
    It's just that the chances of it turning into a piece you want is miniscule, given that there are so many types of curios out there. Trading is almost always better, but sometimes, that's just not an option with the limited edition ones where literally no one has those pieces anymore.
    Stay tuned!  /excited
  • The summary for the 350 credit "elemental" rings is a little unclear - do they always prevent being moved by currents/winds/etc.? Or just on the elemental planes?

For instance, will "a ring of rustling breezes" prevent being thrown around in the Maelstrom? And will "a driftwood ring of sea breezes" prevent being thrown around in the Inner Sea and Sea of Despair?
    Are those aethergoop skins?  I thought the base elemental rings-for-credits were more gemstone based.  That said, the air ring does block movement effects in the Cloud Maelstrom, and the Water ring impacts the Prime seas, too.  Bonus: The Earth ring works on earthquakes on the Prime mountain range when those are enabled during events!
  • edited June 2017
    The Locket of Changeling memories: When you do an emote that involved body parts you obviously don't have like wings or hooves, does the locket basicly just give you those things for as long as you're doing the emote?

EDIT: I would ask an admin directly but I didn't want to clog their messages with dumb crap
  • Is there a symbol in lusternia associated with healers or Dionamus? I have seen the red cross used in designs, but I am unsure if that is right? 
  • edited June 2017
    Tirah said:
    Is there a symbol in lusternia associated with healers or Dionamus? I have seen the red cross used in designs, but I am unsure if that is right? 
    I think it might have been a hand or something... 

Edit: The Hand(s) of The Hamadhi?  Something to do with the Hamadhi.

@Tirah

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Is it still considered a bad idea to kill college quest mobs? Asking for a friend
  • Yes.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tirah said:
    Is there a symbol in lusternia associated with healers or Dionamus? I have seen the red cross used in designs, but I am unsure if that is right? 
    The Seal of Life has a heart on it.
  • How do you see what completed curios actually do?

I figured out by the announce what the sileni crown and flute do - I would have never figured out the flute otherwise. I'm lost on what the grape does. According to the announce it should do something, but I can't figure out how.

So.. there has to be a way to see what a curio does and how to interact with it.. right? What's the syntax? (Or is it really guesswork?!)
    Most of them eventually end up with help files that explain how they work.  Sometimes it takes a little, though.
  • Xenthos said:
    Most of them eventually end up with help files that explain how they work.  Sometimes it takes a little, though.
    Oh man :/ ... In that case I either don't find the correct help files then or they're not actually explaining them. For example I still don't know if hair curios are good for anything besides looks (some say they offer an influence boon? There's certainly no mention of that in the help file :/ ).

More importantly: How does the grape work?

(PS @Admin I would really love if there was a comprehensive collection of existing curio (collections) and what they do. It's really hard to find out atm. Could be on the wiki? )
  • Isn't there a curio activate command?

• edited June 2017
    Tylwyth said:
    Isn't there a curio activate command?
    It says "That curio does not need to be activated." ... the grape should either be the teleport thing or the visions thing. In either case I'd guess I'd need to interact with it somehow?

EDIT: It's PLUCK TRUSS. Loong live the ooc hints. I swear I could not play this game without the newbie hints on >_<
  • Heh, that's how I knew to influence the sileni/nagasliths. 

• Yeah, need to write a helpfile on these. I've been busy with various things the last few days, so I haven't had time.

* Grapes and Recorder - Probe these for usage, give visions.
    * Crown and Hood - Mask, wear it
    * Mapper and Songstone - CURIO ACTIVATE to teleport
    * Flute and Flute - CURIO ACTIVATE to give yourself a custom 'tell' line. Differs for both sender and receiver.

CURIO COLLECTION ACTIVATE <SILENI|NAGASITH> with all four to change race.

Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Thalkros said:
    Is it still considered a bad idea to kill college quest mobs? Asking for a friend
    Yes
  • Tirah said:
    I'm not entirely sure if the Hamadhi have a symbol, and if they do, it's not been mentioned in the history. The Seal of Life, as mentioned before, does have a beating heart within it and is heavily linked to Dionamus, but I'm unsure if this could be counted as a symbol.
  • edited June 2017
    Arix said:
    The Locket of Changeling memories: When you do an emote that involved body parts you obviously don't have like wings or hooves, does the locket basicly just give you those things for as long as you're doing the emote?

EDIT: I would ask an admin directly but I didn't want to clog their messages with dumb crap
    I'm sure you can justify these emotes giving you hooves the same way you can justify other emotes giving various objects ears, up to and including nexii, chunks of woods, headless corpses, and detached ears.
  • edited June 2017
    Ok, I'm a newb but: what happens when you melt a jewellery item with an artifact rune attached? Or can't you? (I'm sort of hoping that you'll just receive the rune but..)

EDIT: Also are sileni supposed to look like Faun (the greek god)? Just wanting to make suure. ;)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Aesyra said:
    Ok, I'm a newb but: what happens when you melt a jewellery item with an artifact rune attached? Or can't you? (I'm sort of hoping that you'll just receive the rune but..)

EDIT: Also are sileni supposed to look like Faun (the greek god)? Just wanting to make suure. ;)
    You can't.

And generally, yes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2017
    @Aesyra

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Stag totems sileni would be more Fawn Fauns. 

@Shaddus

Lookie: Viscantileni!

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Is there some kind of config to turn off being able to eat things from your rift? I ate a bunch of goop candy because I thought I had redheart curio candy in my inventory and did not see the say line from it in my battle spam.
  • Typically it's poor form to put a lot of flair in your description describing what you're doing since it won't be accurate all the time. Would it be improper to make a description before posing for a statue like 'DESCRIBE SELF balancing on one leg, eating a chicken leg' so my statue looks like I'm eating a chicken leg?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    That's what I do for any in-game events I go into, whether it's a ball or a seance. I'll rewrite my description to reference the outfit I'm wearing and what some stranger at a party/fight would see if they happened to glance in my general direction. Once it's done, back to generic Tremdesc.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I've been gone.

Is a faeleaf and coltsfoot pipe still needed for anything or can I trade in those pipe runes?

Are any of the old cures besides fire potion still active?
  • HELP CURELIST is up to date.

• Err if you use mm dont get rid of your pipes it has a bug where you need four pipes or it breaks itself.