Simple questions?

Comments

• Since goop items no longer have any retirement value, is bound goop going to go away?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Why can't all curios work off the Curio Activate command?

So I should not have to eat Mouldy Cheese.

Or point at a Pug.

Or try and figure out what thing I have to do
  • Can a glassworking rune attach to a bucket? And if so, can you link multiple liquids while also still being able to use it to douse?
  • edited February 2019
    Artifact Description:
    - Transforms an ordinary vial into an arcane vial, which never decays, and has twice the normal capacity of a vial (up to a maximum of 110 sips)

Extended Description:
    The Great Rune of Glass Working is an ancient artifact that can be placed onto vials and bottles.

My guess is it only applies to containers can hold liquids used for curatives or other effects upon use.
  • You can actually put cures in a bucket.
  • Deichtine said:
    You can actually put cures in a bucket.
    Yep. I did buy another rune, though, and can confirm - glassworking runes are only for bottles and vials. I am only slightly crestfallen, though. Will still get use from my rune.
  • Jolanthe said:
    Deichtine said:
    You can actually put cures in a bucket.
    Yep. I did buy another rune, though, and can confirm - glassworking runes are only for bottles and vials. I am only slightly crestfallen, though. Will still get use from my rune.

If you just wanted a bucket that doesn't decay you can customize one.
  • Can I get a generic rundown on the state of the various orgs in the game? It may sound weird but I'd rather join one of the ones not super active/doing real well in hopes of one day helping balance things out.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    CULTURE is what I use for general activity ratings (the activity score, go by %age).

For a long while the general rating has been:
    Magnagora -> Glomdoring -> Gaudiguch -> Serenwilde -> Hallifax/Celest.

The last 4 days or so Glomdoring has been passing Magnagora by 1% or so, and Serenwilde's dropped down to around Hallifax/Celest levels.

Based on your statement, I'd suggest Hallifax or Serenwilde, since Celest is currently allied with Gaudiguch and Glomdoring (two of the more populated organizations).

Note that this is just based on the % of population in Culture, not necessarily how much said people are doing in the org on a daily basis.
  • Xenthos said:
    CULTURE is what I use for general activity ratings (the activity score, go by %age).

The last 4 days or so Glomdoring has been passing Magnagora by 1% or so, and Serenwilde's dropped down to around Hallifax/Celest levels.

Based on your statement, I'd suggest Hallifax or Serenwilde, since Celest is currently allied with Gaudiguch and Glomdoring (two of the more populated organizations).

Note that this is just based on the % of population in Culture, not necessarily how much said people are doing in the org on a daily basis.
    Is this based on tainted/holy lines of conflict or just based on player interactions?
  • If it was about actual ideologies for alliances, this definitely wouldn't be the case. Player-choice has made these alliances.
    edited February 2019
    Celest has to do a few gymnastics to work with Glomdoring.  Both Serenwilde and Celest are the most restrictive in terms of ideology. Glomdoring, Magnagora, and Hallifax all have elements of "do whatever it takes to get stronger" (with different thematic overlays of course) and Gaudiguch's theme is just more open in general than the others.

Glomdoring is certainly not considered to be a Light org though.  One could consider it to be very religious, I suppose... Cult-like, one could say.  At its core this does clash with Celest's values.  The gymnastics involve generally "can we tolerate this in favour of our larger goals" and the answer to that changes from time to time (as Lycidas says, based on player choices).

Edit: If we were on purely ideological grounds though, most orgs simply would not have allies.  Serenwilde has reasons to distrust all cities as well as loathing Glomdoring.  Glomdoring wants to subsume Serenwilde and all the cities too.  Magnagora wants the whole world Tainted, which absolutely nobody else wants though Hallifax might consider it an interesting scientific experiment if it could be done under controlled and observable circumstances.  Celest wants all the impure organizations purged, and the world restored to the glory days of the old Empire, which other orgs (like Seren) just sat back and watched crumble.
  • Lycidas said:
    If it was about actual ideologies for alliances, this definitely wouldn't be the case. Player-choice has made these alliances.

You don't go into details of what 'this' is, but it seems to me that the current alliance is exactly what you would get ICly with Mag's backstabbing the Glomdoring. Unless you meant Halli throwing in with Mag?

• Herculean said:
    Xenthos said:

Is this based on tainted/holy lines of conflict or just based on player interactions?

I think you're getting sound advice here.

One can make an argument that all the orgs are evil to some extent. My advice to you is play what makes you happy. Do not pick a class or org simply because someone tells you it is needed...doing so not only risks you being enjoying the game less, but also risks whatever you pick suddenly becoming popular.

Think about what you have played in the past, pick an archtype that intrigues you, decide if you want to be in a city or in a commune and let those guide your choice.

• edited February 2019
    If your curious about the current alliance situation @Herculean its pretty much entirely based on player role play. It isn't fixed or set in anyway. Players have a lot of control over how the politics of the world are.

I'll give a super quick generalised recap of the more recent history and why things are allied as they are now.

The quick history of the past few years is Serenwilde, Celest and Hallifax were allied for a fairly long time. Gaudiguch and Glomdoring has an offical alliance and Glomdoring and Mag had a non aggression treaty. Which wasn't a full alliance but often they helped each other out but it was a bit of a shaky relationship at the best of times.

Practically this ment that it was Seren Celest Hall vs Glom Gaudi and Mag in most conflict events.

Then Magnagora and Glomdoring had a falling out over the treatment of the fae in Faethorn. (Quick lore note but the forest communes are generally pretty pro-fae, Rar rar protect the fae and stuff.)

Magnagora killed the fae and Glom got ticked off and gave Magnagora an ultimatum to punish the people involved or end the non aggression pact. The non aggression pact was ended and Glomdoring and Magnagora went to war.

Gaudiguch sided with Glomdoring as Magnagora had broken the wording of the treaty and then basin was roughly divided up between Seren, Celest and Halli vs Glomdoring and Gaudiguch with Magnagora alone for a short time.

Magnagora quickly brought up closer ties and built better relations with Hallifax and Serenwilde. Enemy of my enemy.

This shifted the basin back to a two way with Celest, Mag, Seren, Halli unofficially working together against Glomdoring and Gaudiguch.

The issue was Celest considered Magnagora to be a mortal enemy and was stuck in an uncomfortable spot. Tensions rose and Celest eventually gave an ultimatum to Serenwilde and Hallifax. Basically: Its us or Them. Serenwilde and Hallifax chose to side with Magnagora over Celest and Celest left that alliance. Celest and Glomdoring built better relations, the enemy of my enemy is my friend again.

Then Celest Glomdoring and Gaudiguch became buddies and formed an official alliance.

So you've got the basin split between Hallifax, Serenwilde and Magnagora vs Glomdoring, Gaudiguch and Celest.
  • Before Deichtines timeline Glom was allied with Celest and Hallifax for a while. WHile having had an even older alliance with gaudiguch that broke for a while, then there was an internal votes as some peopel prefered guadiguch, so we allied with gaudiguch and mags for a bit.

One of the reasons for stuff switching around, the bit thing, is players. There were a couple VERY strident anti Glom voices in mags for a long while, the biggest recently retired.
    And there are some/one big player voices for being allied to gaudiguch(and being neutral to any other allies).

I am not naming names because this isn't the thread for that, and it's not just one player deciding alliances, it's the org leaders talking to their orgs who decide it(often with a referendum). 
    So the current alliances could shift around.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Do fist sigils decay whilst attached to artifact weapons (my Chalice has an artifact rune)? If so, is it possible to see how long it is before it decays?
    Niwynne said:
    Do fist sigils decay whilst attached to artifact weapons (my Chalice has an artifact rune)? If so, is it possible to see how long it is before it decays?
    Attached sigils should last until the item they are attached to decays (which makes them permanent if that item never decays).  Flame sigils, for example, now are created with just a couple of RL days decay time.  You can't hold them, have to attach them to something (or drop 'em in a shop on non-decay space, of course).
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    What points does the trailblaze wonderboots ability give access to?
  • So basically, I didn't need to buy a rune of gripping? Hehe.
    Niwynne said:
    So basically, I didn't need to buy a rune of gripping? Hehe.
    The rune will make the item an artifact, so you can reset it to you and can't accidentally lose it (as well as being permanent).  Sometimes I buy a rune just for that, and the other effects are a "bonus".
  • Yeah, but, I could have bought the Rune of Razing instead! Though I didn't know that existed when I bought the Rune of Gripping. But now I know for next time.
  • The helpfiles for the wonderbrazier never seem to clarify this, so I'm asking: is soulfire something you can conjure only once a weave? There is definitely a cooldown, but I've not been able to pinpoint it and I'm only finding information on base cost/uses.
  • @Jolanthe I think it's once per hour but I've never nailed that down 100%. I don't think a  new day refreshes the charge.
  • How long does soulfire last if you don't use up all the points?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Anyone have a manse garden and have lines of how it looks in room desc? How about manse stable?
  • Niwynne said:
    How long does soulfire last if you don't use up all the points?
    Pretty sure it is an hour, after which the xp/essence reimbursement kicks in. You can end it early too, so I assume that puts it on the cooldown right away. 1 hour max use translating into 1 hour cooldown from last use, as per @Yendor does make sense.

I always use it up pretty quick, though, so would need to Science it out for confirmation.

• Manse garden:
    A brilliant white rose, a tiger lily, a purple tulip, an entrancing red rose, a brilliant white rose, a twilight blue rose, a bright red poppy, a brilliant white rose, a purple tulip, a warm tulip of dawn, a bright yellow rose, and a tiger lily blossom within a beautiful, lush garden. 
  • Update!: I tried to activate soulfire and immediate relinquish it, then waited. I missed the change of the hour by about five minutes (late), but I did have a new charge back by then. The earlier day change similarly didn't put it off of cooldown for me. Too bad it doesn't have some sort of message to indicate it coming off of cooldown.

Also, if you immediately relinquish soulfire you get about 150K essence back, so that's about the max refund you can get off of the esteem.