Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tetra said:
    One of my characters is stuck in the collegium.  Instead of being bothered by it, I have begun to roleplay it appropriately. 

Why, after a hundred years, are you still enrolled as a student?  A time paradox?  Large course load?  The mystery...

Monumentally lazy?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Tetra said:
    One of my characters is stuck in the collegium.  Instead of being bothered by it, I have begun to roleplay it appropriately. 

Why, after a hundred years, are you still enrolled as a student?  A time paradox?  Large course load?  The mystery...

Monumentally lazy?

Hey, I wrote a big book.  Possibly one of the biggest in the entire city library.  
    \:D/

/brag

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Elanorwen said:
    Tetra said:

Monumentally lazy?
    Traveling through time... by sleeping!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Elanorwen said:
    Note to self: Attacking players with whip, not that bright of an idea. Oh well, we live and learn.
    Depends on if appropriate consent was sought after first.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited March 2014
    Assuming there's a way to make level 30 a point of no return, so you can't drop to 29 and free reincarnate.

And yes I expect someone out there would, we already had someone reboot themselves from Demigod so they could Newton for the honours.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2014
    Morkarion said:
    Assuming there's a way to make level 30 a point of no return, so you can't drop to 29 and free reincarnate.

And yes I expect someone out there would, we already had someone reboot themselves from Demigod so they could Newton for the honours.

Is there something wrong with willingly deleveling yourself to get an honours line that you desperately want?  I'm sure they can code it so once you've pushed past level 30, the whole effect is gone, even if you went back down.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    How does this interact with the free reincarnation? If you reincarnate with innocence, do you still have the freebie when you get out of it, or does it consume your free reincarnate first and then give you unlimited after?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2014
    Giggly Wyrden Pixie Army(tm) ready for action!

edit:

@Belibi, you are awesome. That is all.

You tell Belibi of the Murder, "Your care for all things Wyrden is much appreciated, young Wyrdenwood."

You tell Belibi of the Murder, "I wish to see you grow, and grow strong within the eaves of the Glomdoring."

Belibi tells you, "I'm growing just as fast as I can!"

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Portius said:
    How does this interact with the free reincarnation? If you reincarnate with innocence, do you still have the freebie when you get out of it, or does it consume your free reincarnate first and then give you unlimited after?

The games with statpacks have unlimited reincarnations for newbies and then one free one after that.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • Portius said:
    After rejecting innocence, players then have one free reincarnation.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Insomniac, Irilleth the Dreamless (Female Irontongue Viscanti).
    She is 26 years old, having been born on the 23rd of Dvarsh, 352 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is ranked 778th in Lusternia.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is a Pedestrian in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    She is a graduate of the College of Necromantic & Tainted Research (honours).
    She is a member of the clan called 'Strings of Madness.'
    Her motto: 'I don't sleep. I CAN'T sleep.'

Trolling me into eternalsleep?  Go play moar Skyrims please.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Easy there, Kesha. You're starting to smell like P-Dahnrio.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Easy there, Kesha. You're starting to smell like P-Dahnrio.

I'm BritneySpears, clearly.   Paparazzi scrying me everywhere I go.

• It's so disappointing when fun roleplay goes away when the other party decides to make things up about your character. As in, not a IC Rumor, because that's different. More along the lines of godmoding. 
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Parua said:
    It's so disappointing when fun roleplay goes away when the other party decides to make things up about your character. As in, not a IC Rumor, because that's different. More along the lines of godmoding. 
    Gossip concocted by an individual is just as real in the game world as it is in the real world. If your character knows this gossip/BS to be false, all you have to do is figure out how your character would react and respond.

Don't worry, @Parua. You got this. :D You have the pooooweeer.
    Parua said:

It's so disappointing when fun roleplay goes away when the other party decides to make things up about your character. As in, not a IC Rumor, because that's different. More along the lines of godmoding. 

So put a kibosh on that quickly and correct them before it spreads.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • No no. Not gossip or a rumor. The other player is Godmoding the RP. Making it unfun.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Parua said:

Nothing was made up for your character.  

Rather than get OOC, you could have questioned what was being said to you from your character's POV.  You don't have to believe what is being said to you -- again, that is part of the roleplay.  Mind games and subtle manipulation, which is part of my character's roleplay.

If you don't enjoy a certain style of roleplay, then by all means, choose not to experience it.  Roleplay is not about what other characters say to each other, but how they react through those interactions that shape the storytelling.  Accusing people of godmoding because you automatically take a character's words at face value just means you aren't defining a good IC/OOC boundary for yourself.

edited March 2014
    Parua, meet Tetra.

Edit: actually, strike that. Context plz.
  • edited March 2014
    Shaddus said:
    Parua, meet Tetra. Edit: actually, strike that. Context plz.

Parua was getting all puffed up about not falling asleep, so I wouldn't know what her dreams are. I said that I linked to her soul(which I did, DREAMWEAVING LINK) and vaguely RP'd fluff to leave the impression I had some insight into her dreams.  Again, roleplay, people.  She took offense to it and calls it Godmoding, because I left the impression that I knew something I shouldn't, which probably mentally disturbed the player.

The point remains, you assumed and believed that what was being told to you ICly was a reality.  That is not my problem if you don't try to question it!

• So, you're saying, you the player didn't godmod, and that it was your character who did so, making up lies by claiming she performed an act beyond that which should be possible for a dreamweaver in terms of mechanics - that she is claiming to have done something she, in fact, did not do.

I see.

Meh, I dunno. I don't see an issue here, but I'd have to see a log to understand how it happened. It just sounds like some rp to me.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Ah, good ol' "manipulation and subtlety." People have been using that excuse to say whatever the hell they wanted for ages.
    So effectively, a case of... "I know what you did last summer" but without actually knowing. And that's godmoding how? Characters can't lie IC-ly?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2014
    Well, the nature of godmoding means that you can also say "I was just manipulating/lying/masterminding you," to deflect it. I have no idea what Tetra was doing, I am just observing that "trickery and manipulation!" has been played into the dirt as an excuse for people doing dumb stuff. Maybe Tetra's RP is that she's so delusional that she thinks she can convince ransoms she is a super special one of a kind weaver who can read dreams or whatever, and that classifies as "manipulation." My character thinks she's the chosen of night. Crazy is cool.
    Oh I wasn't arguing about your point, Celina... was more arguing about Parua's opinion on the matter and how suddenly distraught she seems to be over it. Granted, I could also be wrong about what I'm seeing here being that I'm not aware of what actually happened and I am a bit biased about Parua being that she was a pretty adamant supporter of enemying people to Seren for bringing in a cosmic entity that wasn't a cosmic entity... anyway... going off on a tangent here.

This discussion has been closed.