The Serenguard's Ward

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That sounds like more work than I know how to put in, since the quest involves hunting creatures in multiple areas, and the eagles are always moving around, as are some of the items required in the Hifarae Hills.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Speak with your patron. @Lisaera is pretty active from what I've seen. To me, it'd sound cool if what's-her-face is finally past her rage and can be safely let out, maybe to take up residence somewhere in the Seren and teach lore to newbies in exchange for a lite version of this quest, which would also keep her sanity to a more reasonable level... and will not be required work every day. (Preferably get rid of the Serenguard tutor steps so everyone in the Wilde can do it)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Have the admin outright said "no", or has there just been no response? No visible response doesn't always mean no action, even if we haven't got a clue what action that might be.

To be fair (and to play devil's advocate a bit), we as a playerbase are extremely prone to hyperbole and general exaggerations. We can complain all we want (and we do), but if you're able to maintain it so consistently over so long, how much of a problem can there really be? How many times has the guild actually failed to maintain this quest, or actually completely burned out on it?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Clearly @Lisaera should descend from on high and make Fiabelhie into fertiliser.

With clouds and moonfire and lightning and all that other pretty crap.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Elanorwen said:

Speak with your patron. @Lisaera is pretty active from what I've seen. To me, it'd sound cool if what's-her-face is finally past her rage and can be safely let out, maybe to take up residence somewhere in the Seren and teach lore to newbies in exchange for a lite version of this quest, which would also keep her sanity to a more reasonable level... and will not be required work every day. (Preferably get rid of the Serenguard tutor steps so everyone in the Wilde can do it)

This is not a snarky response: I have spoken with Lisaera, IC and OOC, and sent her a long email, which was suggested by Support when I sent a long email to them. We have spoken to every patron we've had since the quest came out, and emailed multiple people multiple times. This is not a new scenario. We have been trying for 3 years to get this quest either fixed or abolished (we prefer abolished, at this point).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• If the quest generates gold or experience, then yes, it would break the letter of the rules. From HELP TRIGGERS:

"... automation may be used only to simplify a process which remains fundamentally dependent on player input. For example, automating repetitive commands like attacking or influencing is acceptable assuming you must still manually select targets and move when required."

"This rule applies whether you are AFK or not (see HELP AFK)".
    Yeah, that's why I'm positive automating the whole thing is illegal.

Solution: Just stop doing the quest.

Seriously.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    My own RP plan was to eventually weaponize the lady, if she couldn't be reasoned with. Basically, to be able to level her at someone as a nuke option, and then rebind her when she's wrecked sufficient havoc. Even if this was a one-time thing, as part of an event, it would be an example where Serenwilde actually *gasp* wins  during an event, instead of barely clinging to the status quo, as it does in basically every single event.
    Riluna said:

Have the admin outright said "no", or has there just been no response? No visible response doesn't always mean no action, even if we haven't got a clue what action that might be.

To be fair (and to play devil's advocate a bit), we as a playerbase are extremely prone to hyperbole and general exaggerations. We can complain all we want (and we do), but if you're able to maintain it so consistently over so long, how much of a problem can there really be? How many times has the guild actually failed to maintain this quest, or actually completely burned out on it?
    No, there has never been an outright "no".

Which is why we have continued trying for three years.

Again, none of our complaints are new. We brought them up to Maylea, Hoaracle, and Lisaera, each in their time as our patron. I personally have emailed Support twice over the years, and Lisaera. Others have attempted to make contact, as well. For three years.

• It generates negative gold and the only experience gain is from the essence mobs. I never saw it bug out as Everiine tends to encounter, but the personal gain from the quest is nonexistent. Honestly, giving the flower experience appropriate to the time it takes to kill the damn thing would be a huge step forward by itself.
    It tends to bug out on me because I'm one of the few who regularly does both the Magnolia Lock quest and Hifarae Hills quest.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    She was released a long time ago, wasn't she? Boy, was I still in Seren then?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

I think she's gotten out completely once, and then, a few months ago, she was on her way out when we stuffed her back in again before she could fully emerge.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I think Lisaera did offer at one point to  stop the quest if we felt it was too much of a burden, but honestly, it doesn't have to be deleted. It just needs to be reworked somewhat...
    Rivius said:

I think Lisaera did offer at one point to  stop the quest if we felt it was too much of a burden, but honestly, it doesn't have to be deleted. It just needs to be reworked somewhat...

Hmm, that's news to me.

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Several of us have on several occasions. I got a "thanks these are good suggestions l, I'll look into it" and that's been it. Other people's conversations have gone similarly.

She's Serenwilde's only active God, so I've no doubt she's super busy with all the patron duties she has, but it's pretty disheartening to have it feel like the issues are brushed aside in favor of new events instead.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Fiabelhie should be rehabilitated and release Ackleberry for us.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Turnus said:

She's Serenwilde's only active God, so I've no doubt she's super busy with all the patron duties she has, but it's pretty disheartening to have it feel like the issues are brushed aside in favor of new events instead.

I have a vague feeling it might be more complicated than that. Quest code seems to vary wildly and it might be difficult for anyone to approach it without having been the person to actually write the quest. This is part of why the Plaxios Lowlands quest has never really worked and has now been disabled for what, RL months? Yeah...
    Everiine said:

Elanorwen said:

This is not a snarky response: I have spoken with Lisaera, IC and OOC, and sent her a long email, which was suggested by Support when I sent a long email to them. We have spoken to every patron we've had since the quest came out, and emailed multiple people multiple times. This is not a new scenario. We have been trying for 3 years to get this quest either fixed or abolished (we prefer abolished, at this point).
    I get it... maybe the suggestions weren't all that great. I'm just throwing out an idea out there that you guys can bring to your Divine should you feel like it. Who knows, it could be that my perspective on the solution is taken up by the admins.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I've reviewed the quest with a few administrators. The challenge is not unknown to us, and I am grateful to Everiine for his emails and messages - they've truly helped to uncover exactly what the issues are. 

While I can't outright say what the solution will be, I can assure everyone that something is coming down the pipeline. Stay tuned. 
    I know. But I'm letting you know that we're constantly doing that. My last email was sent on January 10. Some days later was my last conversation. So, yes, it's been over a month since the last admin conversation (with me, I don't know about others), but it's not like we haven't been trying over the last 3 years.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lisaera said:

I've reviewed the quest with a few administrators. The challenge is not unknown to us, and I am grateful to Everiine for his emails and messages - they've truly helped to uncover exactly what the issues are. 

While I can't outright say what the solution will be, I can assure everyone that something is coming down the pipeline. Stay tuned. 
    You should introduce her to Bandrui. ;)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm genuinely of the opinion that the shitstorm described when she is released is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as she's not constantly free. Mostly that's just considering how every single generation of new characters has a bunch that just want to be lovey-dovey-friendly with the whole world.

"See kids? You SEE? This is what happens when we are nice to outsiders, and allow them to walk among us."

When that happens, it also reinforces the Serenguard's role of protectors, because there are actual Bad Things they're preventing to protect the rest of the commune, pretty much always.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Except that, when she is released, it's because the Serenguard have failed in their duty. That is a hard, hard pill to swallow.

@Lisaera: Thank you! That's the best news we've heard in a long, long time.

• Everiine said:

Except that, when she is released, it's because the Serenguard have failed in their duty. That is a hard, hard pill to swallow.

@Lisaera: Thank you! That's the best news we've heard in a long, long time.

Everybody makes mistakes. :) Bad actions don't necessarily equate to bad RP.

Everiine said:

Then don't swallow it, be smart and say "This is for reasons now bye Felicia".

People and their morality, sigh. 

#:-S

-

Well, @Everiine was pivotal to Hai'Gloh. Releasing Lakedancerperson would definitely be a move towards the release of Ackleberry. RELEASE TAINTED LAKEPERSON!!!!!!!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:

Well, @Everiine was pivotal to Hai'Gloh. Releasing Lakedancerperson would definitely be a move towards the release of Ackleberry. RELEASE TAINTED LAKEPERSON!!!!!!!

Needs more manly feathers, @Elanorwen, and we're set.

ALSO:

OMG. Lakedancers would probably have cauldrons, too, right? To store, you know, water in them. Their counterpart to Bonds/Shafts would probably be a mini-gravity effect, basing from the whole quest in Seren atm.

#bringShikariback