The Baptism of Salome

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
edited March 2015 in Event Scrolls

I was literally about to log out Viravain dropped by. It's the first time I've interacted with her in a loooong time and I'm really happy. That being said, I still freeze up during these rp sessions. This is a log of the baptism of @Salome into the Order. I enjoyed the impromptu-ness of everything. Plus I got to use the baptism idea I've had for weeks now. I still heart you, Khasur. Also, please forgive any typos I may have missed. :)

Faint whispers of invisible, silken threads brush against your skin, and the chittering of spiders reaches your ears.

Before the Master Ravenwood Tree.
Sprays of chervil cover the forest floor. Brennan Stormcrow paces here, his cadaverous body
twitching with sudden jerks. The Master Ravenwood Tree towers over everything here, pulsing with an
immeasurable yet dark power. Casting darkness all around, a shadow totem thrusts up from the ground,
chilling the air. There are 5 dark nighthags here. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil
lies here. There are 4 black direwolves here. There are 5 illithoid scourges here. There are 5
shadowlord widowriders here. Covered in bone armour, a giant bat hangs here, wings folded about its
body and one beady eye open. A crudely crafted shrine of harsh black crystal stands here, thrumming
powerfully. An animated skeleton stands here with a ghostly outline of a wasp around its skull. An
animated skeleton stands here with a ghostly outline of a beetle around its skull. An animated
skeleton stands here with a ghostly outline of a bat around its skull. An animated skeleton stands
here with a ghostly outline of a spider around its skull. Covered in bone armour, a green eyelash
viper is slithering about here. A mature rowan tree stands proudly here. A bloody ear lies here
festering on the ground. A vicious, grey crow flies here with wings spread. Salome, of the
Insatiable Night is here. She wields an athame dagger in her left hand. Shadowbound Rykinia
De'Unnero is here, shrouded. She wields an athame dagger in her left hand and a batwing shaped
shield in her right.
You see a single exit leading north.

You perk your ears up as an errant topic catches your interest.

Viravain strokes a wickedly curved scythe tenderly.

With a wistful look on Her face, Viravain touches the Master Ravenwood Tree.

Salome bows respectfully to Viravain.

Falling to his knees, you say, "Lady Thorn..."

You kneel before Viravain, swearing your allegiance to Her.

Rykinia bows respectfully to Viravain.

Viravain inclines Her head politely to those around Her.

Salome flits down to the roots of the Master Ravenwood, kneeling upon the gnarled, blackened bark.

Viravain casts Her gaze over the glen. Her eyes, ice-blue, settle on you.

Viravain crooks a finger imperiously.

Viravain ponders Salome thoughtfully, looking her up and down.

Stumbling over his words, you say, "My Lady...it has been so long...I-I-my..."

You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.

Shadows swirl around your arm as the Fingerblade of dha'Wyrden-cree digs itself more painfully into your finger.

Piping up, her voice cool, Salome, of the Insatiable Night says, "The King wishes to express his gratitude at Your mighty presence, Lady."

Contemplatively, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "It has been as long as it needs to be, Siam. It seems you grow impatient."

Faded motes of green impinge on the chill blue of Viravain's eyes, and a strange youth suffuses Her features.

Viravain turns Her gaze to Salome

With chill amusement, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "This one is better spoken than you, Siam."

(Order): Viravain says, "Siam."

His command of speech returning, you say, "Nay, Lady Thorn...I am merely overjoyed at having been graced by Your presence."

(Order): You say, "Yes, Lady Thorn."

(Order): Viravain says, "This one. My service. As soon as we have finished speaking."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Viravain's lips.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "Of course you are."

Salome dips her head, her moth-like wings fluttering erratically as she falls silent once more.

Viravain closes Her eyes and inhales deeply, absorbing the scent of Her surroundings.

Casting a glance at Salome, you say, "Indeed, among our Shadowbound, I hold her first."

(Order): You say, "Aye, Lady Thorn."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "The Forest is still grasped in the chill of winter. Unsurprising."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "But I sense the start of promising growth... now that the choking undergrowth has been cleared."

Resolute, you say, "And yet it stirs once more, Lady Thorn."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "Even so. It is better that winter come swiftly that the weaker shall perish."

Consideringly, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "Hmm."

Viravain ponders Rykinia thoughtfully, looking her up and down.

With a faint smile, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "That which remains is too strong to be felled in a mere autumn's breeze, I feel."

Rykinia tilts her head and listens intently.

The surrounding shadows stretch and writhe, coiling lovingly around Ssaliss as he enters from the up.

Ssaliss bows respectfully to Viravain.

Viravain inclines Her head politely to Ssaliss.

You say, "And even if it were not winter, we will always get rid of all that is rotten."

Cordially, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "Dark Marshall. The Forest is hale, even in winter's grasp."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says to you, "But not as rapidly."

You nod your head emphatically.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "It is curious how well hunger has the wise sharpening their knives for the throats of the weak."

You murmur softly to yourself.

Shadows flicker over the blue surface of Viravain's eyes like crows over snow.

Salome, of the Insatiable Night says, "It is an eagerness to succeed where they have failed, Beauteous One."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "It is eagerness to serve the Wyrd that sustains rather than the self."

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

Crooning, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "We shall see what blooms... or rots... when spring comes."

You say, "Only those who understand this, Lady Thorn, are fit to serve the Glomdoring."

Ssaliss nods his head emphatically.

Coiling sinuously about Her petite frame, stygian shadows cloak Viravain in an unnatural darkness and evanesce into the aether, leaving behind only the faintest scent of roses.

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

You beckon to Salome.

Salome begins to follow you.

-movement spam-

Promenade of roses.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Small paths of loose onyx stone wind throughout the area, forming symmetrical loops. Lining each pathway are well-trimmed rosebushes, an abundance of dark, red roses, bloom year-round upon each. In the centre, where each looping pathway both begins and ends, resides a large fountain. The pool at the base of the fountain is wide, a broad flat-topped boulder rising from its depths. Across its surface is an intricate forest of trees crafted from dark marble, each sculpted in exquisite detail. In the centre stands a statue of Lady Viravain, Her gaze turned down towards the forest and Her hand outstretched. A small stream of water pours from Her palm, this source of life raining down upon the trees. A wiccan broom floats here, vibrating with energy. Salome, of the Insatiable Night is here. She wields an athame dagger in her left hand.
You see exits leading out and through a clear pool.

Salome blinks.

Your eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Alighting upon the ground, you say, "Ah, much better."

You step down off of a wiccan broom.

Salome flaps her wings quickly and begins to hover in the air.

Striding towards the pool, you say, "Come, Salome."

You have emoted: Siam surveys his reflection in the pool in contemplative silence.

Salome hesitantly flutters down, landing on your shoulder.

Salome, of the Insatiable Night whispers, "Why here, sire? Surely, She would not want me here."

You have emoted: Siam plucks a rose from his wreath, another quickly growing in its place. He let falls the dark blossom into the pool.

Softly, you ask, "No? Or is it that you do not want Her?"

Pointing towards your reflection in the pool, you say, "Look closely."

You have emoted: Siam keeps still, watching the reflections upon the pool ripple as though touched by an unseen breeze.

Salome peers over the ledge of your shoulder, her expression rather blank as she gazes down into the waters. She freezes as she sees herself, rather surprised, at least - To her own features. She blinks, and the spell is broken as she turns away.

His black wreath rustling almost imperceptibly, you ask, "Do you see yourself as you are?"

Softly, you ask, "Do you not see who you can be?"

Salome, of the Insatiable Night says, "I...Yes, and perhaps, more than I am."

You have emoted: Siam kneels upon the pool's edge. Where Salome sits upon his shoulder is a faeling, dusky and infinitely more beautiful. A quiet confidence radiates from her, from time to time she caresses the wreath of black roses upon her brow

Glancing towards Salome, twin star-eyes contemplative, you ask, "Do you see now?"

Khasur Stormcrow tosses her hair arrogantly.

You have emoted: Siam returns his gaze to the pool, inhaling deeply of the fragrance of the surroundings.

Sneering, Khasur Stormcrow says, "How crude, Siam."

Looking up, you say, "Ah, Khasur."

Khasur Stormcrow lifts a dainty hand to her neckline, glancing about with uncertain disdain.

Salome floats up and away from you, landing at the breadth of where her tiny feet meet the water. Entranced by her own eflection, she turns this way and that, her wings slowly flapping as in the water's vision they gleam and viciously glow with an inner radiance. Tearing her eyes away once more, her eyes meet your own their depths remaining contemplative, and yet there is a hint of wonder there. She stops, gazing up to the newcomer.

Eying Salome, Khasur Stormcrow says, "You. Girl. Your path to victory does not lead through this one."

Khasur Stormcrow gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.

Bowing, you say, "Good to see you, too, Khasur. And of course, you are infinitely more cultured than I am."

Coldly, Khasur Stormcrow says to Salome, "You are drawn by the roses. Will you stride forwards, or must you be coaxed?"

Your eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Khasur Stormcrow says, "Fortune favours the brave."

Bemused, you say, "And only fools dare not go where they must."

In a fleeting motion Salome rises from the waters. Gliding in the air, eye-level to Khasur she utters, "Only the old, speak in riddles."

Imperiously, Khasur Stormcrow says to Salome, "Will you serve the Thorns or not? That is all that is at question here - not your future beauty or your power."

Stifling a chuckle, you say, "The Lady Thorn beckons."

Khasur Stormcrow says, "Bribes are for the weak-willed."

Khasur Stormcrow stares coldly at you.

You say to Khasur Stormcrow, "Ah, Khasur, we must never cast aside beauty."

Lifting a dainty hand to finger your neckline, you glance about with uncertain disdain.

You say, "I always feel powerful if I do that."

You ponder Khasur Stormcrow thoughtfully, looking her up and down.

Khasur Stormcrow says, "You do not feel powerful otherwise?"

look khasur
Elegant in her pale solemnity, Khasur Stormcrow is a tall, dark-eyed trill whose feathers have been dyed a brown-black hue and anointed with strange, silvery runes that twist with sharp, thorn-like ends into each other. Her skin is a pallid, unwholesome hue: her skin is rather more like white marble than anything living. Her robes are of brocade dyed over from some paler hue to an ebon, and much repaired - despite this, a high-necked scholar's coat is fastened with tarnished silver frogs, even as her skirts are a strange mix of airy silks and stained linens, all in varying shades of ebon. A single black rose is pinned in her lapel pocket, and a string of blackened jade prayer beads carved with scorpions swings from a broad belt of cured eelskin.
Khasur Stormcrow has an air of extreme strength.

Khasur Stormcrow smirks at you.

Salome, of the Insatiable Night says to Khasur Stormcrow, "The Lady Thorns must have mistook my politeness for inquiry. My prayer, I have already sent to the Silent One. Would I wish to break my word?"

You say, "I feel even more powerful!"

Arching an eyebrow, Khasur Stormcrow says, "Then you've already sworn to the Silent? Does He remain silent?"

You say, "I once served the Silent Lord myself, but I found my place within the Lady Thorn's Order."

Salome stares back at Khasur with the rashness of a youth unbridled, unafraid. Only her wings falter, telling another story. "He did not, it was only the petals of the blackthorn that moaned amongst the dim stars of the sky, that Night..." She trails away, her voice quavering.

Khasur Stormcrow curls her lip and sneers arrogantly.

With cool disdain, Khasur Stormcrow says, "I see, and will you thus cast the petals of the blackthorn on unresponsive waters, like a maiden sighing over her absent lover?"

You have emoted: Siam plucks a spider from deep within his wreath and casually places it upon Salome's shoulder. He observes the spider, as if in wait.

Khasur Stormcrow says, "Winter, as the Lady would say, is silent. But is it fruitful?"

Khasur Stormcrow brushes her hair vainly.

Bemused, you say, "Brittle is the bough that breaks from winter's bite."

Khasur Stormcrow says, "Even so."

Salome bares her teeth, only for a moment as her gaze moves askance for only a moment. Her eyes cease their glowing, only to take upon in the shadows, her face is concealed.

Quietly, Salome, of the Insatiable Night says, "There is nothing to be reaped there."

Khasur Stormcrow says, "Even so."

Khasur Stormcrow says, "What would you, Daughter of the Night?"

You have emoted: Siam eyes the spider upon Salome as it skitters into the shadows of her person.

Salome, of the Insatiable Night says, "I would take that path that would be the hardest to overcome. Regardless of reward." Her eyes narrow at Khasur. "And if that means serving the Lady of Thorns, then I will accept it."

Khasur Stormcrow brushes her hair vainly.

Khasur Stormcrow says, "Then Siam, do your duty."

Khasur Stormcrow stares coldly at you.

Salome, of the Insatiable Night says to Khasur Stormcrow, "No disdainful remark, mi'lady?"

Clearing his throat, you say, "I would baptise her into the Order of course, if I could do so."

You say, "Regardless."

With disdain, Khasur Stormcrow says, "Lady preserve me."

(Order): Khasur Stormcrow says, "My Lady, I pray, does Your attention fall upon this one?"

A whirlpool of incorporeal shadows fills the area with an unnatural darkness, revealing the ghostly figure of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns at their centre as the umbral filaments dissipate.

Khasur Stormcrow kneels onto one knee, demonstrating her humility and respect.

You kneel before Viravain, swearing your allegiance to Her.

Reverently, Khasur Stormcrow says, "My Lady."

Softly, you say, "Lady Thorn."

You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.

Salome flutters down to the edge of the pool, one knee immersed in the water she kneels in.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "For what reason have you called to Me, Khasur?"

Khasur Stormcrow gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.

Viravain ponders you thoughtfully, looking you up and down.

Bowing, you say, "Salome has chosen to serve You, Lady Thorn."

You say, "And I cannot...baptise her into the Order, not in truth..."

You say, "And it appears neither can Khasur."

You have emoted: Siam spares a glance towards Khasur.

Khasur Stormcrow curls her lip and sneers arrogantly at you.

Khasur Stormcrow stares coldly at herself.

Viravain gives a pained sigh.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "Dulled tools. Very well."

Her subtle tone, soft and feathery, Salome, of the Insatiable Night says, "Khasur has been kind enough to reason with me, to her great convenience."

Tears flow freely from your eyes as Viravain, Lady of the Thorns appoints you to Within the Shadows.

Disinterested, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "Siam?"

Bowing, you say, "I will serve, always, Lady Thorn."

You say, "Yes, Lady Thorn."

Salome looks up at Viravain curiously.

Shadows flicker over the blue surface of Viravain's eyes like crows over snow.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says to Salome, "You would serve me, little one?"

Viravain narrows Her eyes in contemplation. Her hair writhes around Her like serpents, shifting and swaying.

You say, "She is as a seed in the fading winter, Lady Thorn."

Salome, of the Insatiable Night says to Viravain, "Without benefit, or reserve, Lady." She lowers her gaze respectfully. "I will prove myself useful."

You say, "She will help usher spring."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "See that she does. I trust your hand can now fall upon her in baptism?"

Nodding, you say, "Aye, Lady Thorn."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says to Salome, "Prove yourself according to the ways of Perfection, little one, in service to My Forest."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Khasur Stormcrow's lips.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "We shall see."

Coiling sinuously about Her petite frame, stygian shadows cloak Viravain in an unnatural darkness and evanesce into the aether, leaving behind only the faintest scent of roses.

With a flourish of your arm, you bow deeply.

Khasur Stormcrow exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips as you glance at Khasur Stormcrow.

Salome glances askance at Khasur Stormcrow.

Turning towards Salome, you say, "Ah, yes."

Salome gazes blankly at the space where the Lady of the Thorns once stood, a method of contemplation holding her features indefinitely. Remaining unresponsive for one moment, she starts at the sound of your voice.

Beckoning, you say, "Come."

You have emoted: Siam wades waist deep into the pool and faces Salome.

Salome follows suit, her tiny form merely floating on the top of the pool as she 'wades' in with the use of her wings.

Khasur Stormcrow watches, a thin smile on her lips.

With a satisfied nod, you say, "Salome, of the Night Coven, you have been called to Her service, and you have sworn fealty to the Lady Thorn Herself."

Salome, of the Insatiable Night says, "It is in the interest of the Glomdoring, and myself that this pledge of loyalty is made. I was but a wandering seed, but now, Thorns give me root."

Cupping water into his palms, you say, "See that you serve Her in your fullest, until your last breath, until the last drop of your blood bleeds for Her and Her Forest."

You have emoted: Siam let falls the intoxicating rose water upon Salome, twin star-eyes intent.

Softly, you say, "Long may the reach of your webs be, and let them be as steel, unbroken by anything save the Lady's own will."

Salome quietly picks up the spider on her shoulder but one of its eight legs, and gently places it in her palm to keep it from possibly harm in the water. She nods to you, and the water trails down her features, wetting her hair and covering her eyes as she inhales as if brought to true life, seeing something for the first time with clarity, vision and understanding.

Softly, you say, "Our roads grow long and intertwined, I deem, and in you, among your generation, one of the most promising. The Lady Thorn has taken interest Herself, see that She is not disappointed."

Bowing her annointed head, Salome, of the Insatiable Night says, "It is by Her will that my athame shall strike, any by my hand, the unworthy shall perish." She lifts her head, her eyes cold and still. "Nothing matters but Glomdoring."

Khasur Stormcrow nods once, sharply and turns, walking slowly away along the promenade.

You say, "Nothing else matters."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback