ASCII scrolls!

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
I'm working on making a pretty scroll for Drocilla, and it looks great so far, but when I switched it over into a clan to test it, all the extra spaces I used (for spacing reasons) disappeared and it just looked all gobbledy-gookish. Any solutions or tips?
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Best Answers

Answers

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I had a big post explaining how I had taken precautions in notepad but I realised my problem. In keeping my 80 line ruler, I used a repetition of 12345678910...not realising until just now that it was a total of 11 characters used. So instead of 80 characters long, my thing is 88 characters long. Thanks, guys, the problem was mine.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • PLEASE keep in mind that while these things may look fancy, they will be a complete NIGHTMARE for those who are sight-impaired and use text-readers to be able to play.  It might be worth keeping a plain-text copy somewhere, even if it is in a separate clan.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."