Camp NaNoWriMo!

edited March 2015 in The Real World
Hey look, it's back. With a NaNo thread. How surprised are we? Probably not very. Anyway, time for some friendly PSAs.

Camp NaNoWriMo is like a mini NaNoWriMo. NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, every November thousands of weird nerds(read: writers) get together and write a 50,000 or more word novel each. Or fanfiction. Or biography! The goal is the word count, everyone has a novel in them, and getting it onto paper/in a document is your first step. Now, it's obviously not close to November, but starting April 1st, there's something called Camp NaNo. It's like a training grounds for NaNo in November. In Camp, you set your own word count. As long as it's more than 10,000 words, you're good! You still get neat offers and discounts for "winning" (or passing your word count). 

I know a lot of us are writers, and maybe this is a good way to break into NaNo itself. You have until the 31st of March to register, and remember, you can write about anything. Seriously. If you need help navigating or something, let me know. If any others want to try a skype group or something, we can do that! 

Anyway, here's the website: Camp NaNo
Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."

Comments

• Oh, and if you can't do this Camp, there's a second one later in the summer! July!
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • aww, I remember when april was scriptfrenzy :(
  • Now that means there are at least three ravens that take turns with plume this April. Count me as the third.Looking forward to trying to put together pieces that have holes in them right now.