Art workshops list

Since there isn't one already, I'm listing here workshops that I found interesting and helpful in learning more about drawing. Feel free to post your own as well!

ImagineFx: (The files listed have the support files as well so you can paint alongside with the workshop. Really helps with developing your own art skills)
www.imaginefx.com, they have a monthly magazine for fantasy art.

This one is about making a monster by using a photo by Dave Rapoza. His website is www.daverapoza.com

This one is about painting a Kraken by Bart Tiongson 

This one is about learning how to paint in a Frank Frazeta style. 

I'm working on a piece now, and when I'm done I'll show how I did it step by step with gimp.

Comments

• edited December 2012
    These are shorter tutorials that I really like:

Concept Art has a lot of great tutorials but I really learned a lot from this one:

One of my favourite sites with tutorials for illustration

This is a great website that gives you posed figures to draw from (sans-skin)
    www.posemaniacs.com/   (website is down now, but hopefully up soon!

I have more, too, but I'll have to remember them first!
  • That watercolor one blew my mind. I've always been more of a writer, except for an "I can draw!" phase in high school in which lots of weeaboo stuff was churned out. Ugh.

Seeing some of these tutorials is really making my "draw something" itch act up though.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Mine too Lillie..

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow