Music in Lusternia

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
We've all seen the sound ambients throughout the game, but when it comes to actually writing them what advice do you all have to give? It may sound silly to ask as a bard, but this is one of the most challenging aspects of the game to me. Without god-modding (directly controlling what another person does/sees), you're expected to describe your music so perfectly that they've no choice but to hear the same thing that's in your head. So what advice does everyone have to see this through? Is this a time when it's acceptable to take just a little more control of  what your audience experiences than any other time?
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Cacophony =

Sorry, I didn't actually read the thread before posting. My advice is to just let people interpret your emotes however they want. Mature people aren't going to be like "zomg godmodding" if you "play your violin with notes of wrath, yet sorrow, dipping into your ears etc etc etc".

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Excellent suggestion, @Daraius, and a great time to not be enemied to Hallifax. These Aeromantic Melodies are really good, so I can't wait to see the Crystal Aria.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tremula said:

Excellent suggestion, @Daraius, and a great time to not be enemied to Hallifax. These Aeromantic Melodies are really good, so I can't wait to see the Crystal Aria.

The Hours, Like Dust is and will probably forever be my favorite.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Can't go wrong with any Shevat production, really. Except the Mandala is a bit of a snore.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Don't even fish for compliments. The Mandala is straight up dank, my djingo.