Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Delsea said:
    Tears flow freely from your eyes as Maylea, Bloom of Serenity appoints you to Meditator of Rhythms.

Gabriella graciously grants you entrance into the Divine Order of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity. Congratulations, and may you serve your God well.

In a flash of Divine power, a translucent crystal bindi appears in your hands, marking you a member of the Divine Order of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity.

I'm not sure what possessed me to say ok when it was suggested, but after being tested in front of a crowd of about a billion outsiders (so nervous, much scared) at least I didn't fail abysmally! Yay to achieving goals!
    Oh, you weren't going to fail at all.

Also, I think that's an error message.  I APPOINTED YOU, NOT @MAYLEA - Maymay, is this supposed to read like this?
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Gabriella said:
    Delsea said:
    Tears flow freely from your eyes as Maylea, Bloom of Serenity appoints you to Meditator of Rhythms.

Gabriella graciously grants you entrance into the Divine Order of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity. Congratulations, and may you serve your God well.

In a flash of Divine power, a translucent crystal bindi appears in your hands, marking you a member of the Divine Order of Maylea, Bloom of Serenity.

I'm not sure what possessed me to say ok when it was suggested, but after being tested in front of a crowd of about a billion outsiders (so nervous, much scared) at least I didn't fail abysmally! Yay to achieving goals!

Also, I think that's an error message.  I APPOINTED YOU, NOT @MAYLEA - Maymay, is this supposed to read like this?
    That is how it always has been as far as I can remember.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Gabriella said:
    Delsea said:

That is how it always has been as far as I can remember.

It makes me think it's an error because the logs show it as me appointing her - so shouldn't the message show that way as well?

--------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Welcoming/appointing orderthings is one of the only instances I know of offhand where the mechanics force a God to act without input from the deity in question. I was brought into Isune's Order with a similar message about Her welcoming me, but she'd been inactive for at least a couple RL months.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Perhaps it is intentional, as those who welcome/appoint in an Order are technically doing so in the name of the deity.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yes, that message is the same no matter who is doing the appointing.

• Everiine said:
    Three culture events in one day! What a great day :) . @Azus, @Gabriella, and @Delsea did such amazing jobs :) .
    Days like today are what I love best about Serenwilde.
  • >You give the Shield of Brilliance to Aestra, the golden pegasus.
    >You gain a new honour!

To whomever made the Floating Island of the Forgotten: you are so very, very mean. But I have beaten you. And your impossible maze. And your impossible steps leading to the island. And your evil door switches. Finally, finally, victory is mine.

>He did save Aestra, the celestial pegasus, from the Cult of Legion.

(Although entrance and maze aside, the quest was really not that bad. Just, those two things together... Also, thanks to whomever left breadcrumbs.)
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited November 2015
    @Stratas @Lorah and me went in there  a while ago following our bears. I think we spent the better part of two hours trying to figure our way past that thing, but the happiness if you manage to pull through :-) So, Congratulations!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited November 2015
    The staircase up to the Isle of the Forgotten becomes so much easier with a paradox puzzle. And with a paradox puzzle you only have to go through the mirror maze once. It is so convenient.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Gabriella said:
    Kethaera said:

Only been a few days, but I am just so happy with Serenwilde right now, between @Ryboi, @Everiine, @Gabriella, @Lleuke and really, so many other people. I keep waiting for the terrible secrets that you all must be hiding.
    Oh, that comes when you're least expecting it.  It's like a reverse hazing.  FIRST you get in with the cool kids and enjoy life, and then BAM, we've got you running scavenger hunts butt-naked through the Forest at midnight.
    How is this any different than any other Tuesday night?
  • Luce said:
    Gabriella said:
    Kethaera said:

Only been a few days, but I am just so happy with Serenwilde right now, between @Ryboi, @Everiine, @Gabriella, @Lleuke and really, so many other people. I keep waiting for the terrible secrets that you all must be hiding.
    Oh, that comes when you're least expecting it.  It's like a reverse hazing.  FIRST you get in with the cool kids and enjoy life, and then BAM, we've got you running scavenger hunts butt-naked through the Forest at midnight.
    On Tuesdays you run the scavenger hunt butt-naked through the Forest at midnight covered in honey and feathers.
    --------
    --------
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Gabriella said:

Luce said:

Gabriella said:

Kethaera said:

On Tuesdays you run the scavenger hunt butt-naked through the Forest at midnight covered in honey and feathers.

How's that differ from every other night for me?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Luce said:
    Gabriella said:
    Kethaera said:

How's that differ from every other night for me?
    They're using honey, not tar.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • In regards to the Isle quest. I put a rift up after the bear quest for people to get in past the annoying first maze. But probably someone with a hate boner may have taken it down. Was in meadows. Also the second maze is on the realm map off the website so that's easy to bypass too for people who hate failing.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What. Falling into the sea is part of the fun!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Yeah, the rift was taken down by the time I started trying to do bear stuff. Good to know the solution to the maze is available. Will help when I inevitably do the quest again.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Thalkros said:
    In regards to the Isle quest. I put a rift up after the bear quest for people to get in past the annoying first maze. But probably someone with a hate boner may have taken it down. Was in meadows. Also the second maze is on the realm map off the website so that's easy to bypass too for people who hate failing.
    After he spent forever getting lost trying to help me, that is. I'm certain my bear is talking about @Thalkros here:

Frowning slightly, a teddy bear named Sleepy Baloo says, "Though I still do sort of remember the dream someone had of running around a mirrored hall, lost for a seeming eternity with no company but the torturous reflections around them..."

;))
  • @Kyair is the best.
    --------
    --------
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Gabriella said:
    @Kyair is the best.
    Of course she is! :D
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Raves for @Kaalak who's taken over submitting prestige for Glomdoring right now. Thanks for letting me tell you what to do! <3
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • The things I do for honours quests

He is known to the dwarves as Kingmaker.

Thank you to the heroes of Gaudiguch who slew the Rockholm pretender.

• >ask Celest to look out for Gaudiguchians doing the quest

>no response

>>gg no re

• They didn't really seem too keen on letting the opportunity pass. I very-unsubtly told a Celestian that the Crown was up for grabs, and the response was basically, "Oh! I'll tell the rest of the city so we can get it." I also passed by at least three Celestians who were also looking for pieces, and no one batted an eye.  :-??

In any case, I'm glad I was the one who got the line, even if I had to kill Thoril a second time because a piece went to him instead of the One True Queen, Ethilwen.  >:D<

This discussion has been closed.