Reusing names?

So... this is kind of a dumb problem. But I deleted an old character I hadn't really used to start it over, but I really want to keep the same name. However, the create character screen says that name is not available. I'm assuming this is because the server, somewhere hasn't updated that the character name in question was suicided. Does anyone know how often those server updates happen and how long it would take for the name to come available again?

Comments

• They usually clear it in a day or two. Check back after and it should be available again.

• I think it can take up to a week if the character was registered.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I suicided a youngish warrior, and she was listed on my character list for about five days before vanishing, IIRC.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Iatani said:
    So... this is kind of a dumb problem. But I deleted an old character I hadn't really used to start it over, but I really want to keep the same name. However, the create character screen says that name is not available. I'm assuming this is because the server, somewhere hasn't updated that the character name in question was suicided. Does anyone know how often those server updates happen and how long it would take for the name to come available again?
    Keep in mind that this is actually a beneficial thing to have; some time back, a well-known character suicided.  Within a few minutes someone else created a new character with the same name and was pretending to be them (including asking for help in relearning skills, etc).  While it can be frustrating, it's also beneficial to the community as a whole.

You can always try emailing support@lusternia.com, or you can roll up a new character and use NAMECHANGE once it has freed up (but keep in mind that you can't level too much or the namechange command won't work).  Support is usually willing to help with things like this, so don't let it keep you out of the game! :)
  • @Xenthos: That rings a bell. Who was that character again? <.<
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.