Overhaul Artifacts

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Well the admin clearly do.

After all, they allowed both the minstrel and dreamweaving changes. A clear conspiracy for Gaudiguch and against Hallifax.

#RLIlluminati
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Celina said:
    I support removing aeon just to watch certain members of Hallifax spiral into a meltdown over how much the admin/envoys hate them and how unfair the game is. 

+1
    Oh Celina, so impartial and never making it personal. How could anyone find fault in his absolutely objective and logical ways.

• Aeon has a number of problems I would love to chat with you about Baelor.

The problems are only just  starting, but I have a feeling most people don't look at aeon as something they can remove at the moment.

Alternatively, just generally make collapselungs not stop smoking for right now, that stops that issue for any sources.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited June 2015
    Maligorn said:
    Celina said:
    I support removing aeon just to watch certain members of Hallifax spiral into a meltdown over how much the admin/envoys hate them and how unfair the game is. 

+1
    Oh Celina, so impartial and never making it personal. How could anyone find fault in his absolutely objective and logical ways.
    I think it's pretty funny that you grudge so hard that you can't even tell what's just light humor, and automatically assume people you don't like are as personally spiteful as you are. Should learn to relax and breathe.

edit: They usually don't! My reports over the years have always gotten approved.

• This is not always correct. Approval of a report does not make it right, nor founded.

I would tone down the rhetoric humor, since clearly, it is not being taken as humor? Amirite? :D
  • I've argued about removing aeon before, and I'm not going to rehash that in this thread and derail it.

The problem with a the Tae'dae bearhug currently is that it gives a regen affliction. It costs 4s balance, and the affliction it gives also costs 4s time to cure - that means taking latency into consideration, a tae'dae could literally keep that affliction on the person forever.

It's harder to capitalize on other regen afflictions because it lacks the interaction with aeon, but aeon + collapsedlung isn't particularly unbalancing (beyond aeon's imbalance by itself, but like I said, that's a digression that belongs in another thread)

Raeri's comment that changing it to a non-regen affliction will make bearhugs pretty much useless until the physical overhaul goes through is also correct - if it is an instant-cure, a single affliction at 4s balance is almost certainly going to be useless. However, as long as it is a regen affliction, a degree of overpoweredness will exist, because of that 4s delay. The choice is ultimately up to the admin, but my suggestion is that if the physical overhaul is going to take an indefinite amount of time (no clear timeline, no clear deadline, no clear implementation date) then biting the bullet and nerfing bearhug might be the better choice. 

It wouldn't change much for current tae'dae players, because old bearhug was useless anyway, and when the physical overhaul is finally implemented, the resulting buff (for going from underpowered to viable) will make the players feel better than if it was a nerf (going from overpowered to "normally" viable).

• So does anyone know if a rune attached to a helmet requires the helmet to be worn to be activated, or just in inventory?
  • Worn, I think.

You'll want to attach runes to pieces of clothing that you will wear all the time instead of equipment you may or may not swap out when you classflex, change guilds etc.

• Well, I want my helmet to be non-decay, trying to figure out how best to do that.

• While there's a level of well laid theorycraft here, we've been careful throughout this implementation to not knee-jerk nerf things based on potential. If it becomes a pandemic issue, we'll look at it. But we'll also take into account how soon the physical overhaul is likely to be deployed (which really should be soon, keep contributing to the discussion there!)

As for Aeon and people's opinion, I don't want to stifle discussion but this isn't the thread for it, feel free to open a new one. I will say it's unlikely we'd remove Aeon as a whole, but the option to rework it isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Maligorn said:
    Celina said:
    Maligorn said:
    Celina said:

+1
    I think it's pretty funny that you grudge so hard that you can't even tell what's just light humor, and automatically assume people you don't like are as personally spiteful as you are. Should learn to relax and breathe.

edit: They usually don't! My reports over the years have always gotten approved.

I don't really grudge hard on people; I think I'm pretty open to people overall, and if I act like a dicklord, I try to own up to it.

You're just a really toxic person, is all. It makes me sad that you have to be Celina IRL and hate everyone that's not Glom or something.

I genuinely wish you'd go be a "raging alcoholic" elsewhere. Go back to whatever you were doing before you came back.

Bye Felixa!
    When you find yourself about to post something like this, it's time to press "save draft" instead of "post comment," go out for a walk or a take a nice soothing bath, then come back to your computer and delete the draft.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I find it hard to believe you don't grudge hard on people when you literally just called them toxic the next sentence over. 

And then genuinely wish them to go be a raging alcoholic the next sentence after that.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited June 2015
    You're probably right, and I should edit it to say nothing also, but you can't really take back what you say IRL, so I don't see the reason in editing it away now. I'll deal with it, as per usual.

The reason for the "raging alcoholic" comment is because he's mentioned it several times and appears to be trying to glamourize it or something asinine like that. He said it, not me!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The most telling part about your posts, Maligorn, is how you refer to Celina as "him" even though Celina is female ingame, and obviously logged on as Celina in the forums.

My respect for you is nosediving, bro. You really do need to take some time off.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited June 2015
    Celina said:
    ...certain members of Hallifax spiral into a meltdown...

I guess I asked for it. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't understand the significance of 'Bye Felixa' 

I even googled it and Felixa is a modern twist on Felicia which means 'happy' or 'lucky' 

Am I officially disassociated from the youth now?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    I don't understand the significance of 'Bye Felixa' 

I even googled it and Felixa is a modern twist on Felicia which means 'happy' or 'lucky' 

Am I officially disassociated from the youth now?
    Google "Bye Felicia" which should explain it, specifically the urban dictionary entry.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Yep, I'm disassociated from the youth now

F@$% the youth

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

F@$% the youth
    OMG Noooo! Synkarin is going to Maligorn all over the place!

Please just think of the children man. Oh wait...

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Fortunately, we employ highschool cashiers so I'm always in the know when it comes to cool teen lingo. 

e.g.

Celina meme game en flique.

Maligorn chill game off flique.

See, it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. :-B
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited June 2015
    *fleek

I thought Fleek was that hummingbird on Pocahontas.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    That was Flick. Flick's on fleek.
    I just hope you don't get a lot of flak for saying the fact that Flick's on fleek.
  • Synkarin said:

F@$% the youth
    The youth? It's a reference from 1995. >.>
    Late reaction BUT it's only becoming popular now

A line from the 1995 film "Friday" starring Ice Cube and Chris Tucker that is becoming increasingly popular for no reason. Just like twerking, it has been around and well established for many years, but has recently become more mainstream as white girls attempt to use it, most often incorrectly and oblivious to its origin.
    White girl #1: "Bye Felicia!"

White girl #2: What does that mean? 
    White girl #1: Look it up on Urban Dictionary. 
    Black girl: *facepalm*
    by lovecarlisle September 25, 2013

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Figured I would post this here instead of creating an entirely new thread, hope that's okay.

PIPE OF WONDER
    20  Anamnesis (heightened state where you recall a past life,
        secondary racial perks)**

**You can choose a secondary race once per game year. You will receive that race's perks of one tier below your current 
    experience level (i.e., if you are level 50, you will receive the second tier benefits of the secondary race as though 
    you were level 25). The Pendant of the Divine Spark does stack with this ability (though you would never be able to get 
    the fifth tier racial benefit of your secondary race).

Thoughts?

Ideas on nest 1st/2nd race combos by archetype?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Fun combo for warriors:
    Be your org race, get your weapon spec as secondary race. Demigods don't even need a pendant for it!

Fun combo for Hallifaxians:
    Lucidian/Trill. (Would this actually work?)

As for myself, if I could afford a wonder pipe, I'd go illithoid second for their kata spec. But then, if I could afford a wonder pipe, I'd buy a wonder wand instead.

• Qistrel said:
    Fun combo for warriors:
    Be your org race, get your weapon spec as secondary race. Demigods don't even need a pendant for it!

Fun combo for Hallifaxians:
    Lucidian/Trill. (Would this actually work?)

As for myself, if I could afford a wonder pipe, I'd go illithoid second for their kata spec. But then, if I could afford a wonder pipe, I'd buy a wonder wand instead.
    Can someone confirm this? Doing this if it works like that.