A simple suggestion I have for trying to help the economy.
Tradeskills provide one of the fun perks a player may gain within Lusternia, but are currently very limited to archetype and Highmagic/lowmagic choices. With the decrease in playerbase over the years, we have seen how these limitations have badly impacted the market, with certain trades being rare if at times nonexistent, and thus the important wares they supply missing from the market. Additionally, we have seen certain trades that depend on upkeeping, such as herbs, having players that feel overburdened. My suggestions are as follows:
Players should not find themselves constrained and limited by their
selection of fun trades because of their class. We can however, simply state that
certain classes have an advantage (naturally a tracker will have more an
advantage in finding venoms than a mage) or simply make it a mechanic (more poison harvested for example).
- Suggestion 1: Open up all trades as selectable choices to a player, a player can then select any trade from the list for free. Introduce an artifact (for this scenario known as License) which will allow a player to pick another trade skill. Afterwards, a player may upgrade this license to pick a third trade skill. A player may only have a max of 3 active trade skills at a time. I know that there currently is an artifact that allows you to select a second tradeskill, but in my scenario, I am attempting to make tradeskills more open, and having to pay 2000 to select from a limited list is not helping the case. If the price is to be kept, it can be made that a second tradeskill is 1000 and a third is 2000 (upgrade).
- Suggestion 2: Introduce several new artifacts, each providing a trade type as if of that class. Examples: A brewer's tankard. An alchemist's cauldron. A poisoner's phial. A cosmic/elemental enchanter's pentacle.
There may be some concern with certain capabilities, allow me to clear up the air on some as well as provide suggestions:
* Masterarmour in Forging is really only possible and usable by those with Knighthood, so it isnt a worry
* Herblore in Herbs can be adjusted to simply increase sparkleberry heal, and no longer speed herb-balance (truth be told..I think this should be done anyway with overhaul)
* Immunize in Poisons can be reduced from a great resistance, to simply give a small increase to resist poisons (I think this would not be an issue with resilience being deleted)
* Im not sure if splendors is that much a big issue, as most combatants get splendors anyway then just keep tailoring as a passive skill, if it is, stats could always be reduced.
* Pukemaster in brewmeistery; from what I understand isnt that often of a proc, but honestly I dont think brewers would really miss the 'slip' effect if it was removed.
* Enchantments provide a problem with cosmic and spellcraft