How are coins handled?

edited July 2015 in Q&A
Hopefully there's a simple answer to this, but... I assume the gold we get is in some way abstracted?

Don't get me wrong, it's very amusing to picture my small ninja girl hauling a bag of tens of thousands of gold coins around and making the bank teller count each and every one, but do we have some sort of more reasonable way of handling our currency ICly?

Best Answers

Answers

• These are not the coins you're looking for. Move along.

*handwaves*
  • AAAAAAH XENTHOS NO MAKE IT STOP /CRY
  • Wait you're wearing two pairs of boots and a pair of sandals how many feet do you have?! D:
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    That's three pairs of boots and two pairs of sandals to you.

I also can have up to four sets of wings at a time.
  • That's absolutely terrifying. Why, and how, and ack.

If I look at you in-game, how much of that do I see? Do I need to figure out how to react ICly to a katamari?!
    Erinya said:
    That's absolutely terrifying. Why, and how, and ack.

If I look at you in-game, how much of that do I see? Do I need to figure out how to react ICly to a katamari?!
    You will see everything in the WEARing line.

Plus the forsaken veil and the gloves of harvesting, because while I was reading through what I posted I realized that I wasn't wearing them.

Also, he's an eight-foot-tall-Faeling (he expanded when that Demigod power was a thing and is still that size), so there's a lot to react to if one really wants to.  Most people do not, because inventory is kind of... flexible like that.  All five pairs of shoes are artifacts and they all provide different powers, but must be worn to do so... and thus they must all be able to be worn at the same time.
  • Xenthos said:  All five pairs of shoes are artifacts and they all provide different powers, but must be worn to do so... and thus they must all be able to be worn at the same time.
    This is my nightmare. /cry
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yeah, I think it's dumb too, but hey, artifacts are artifacts.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I can't help but notice half of Xenthos's inventory is condiments and spices. I assume those are just sorcelglass? I want.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Cooking curios.
    Yeah... my curio collection room is even longer. :p  I just carry around the curios that actually need to be present to use.
  • uh, how do you have 70 things in your Liquid Rift? Mine only holds like 25 or 26 or so.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

You can buy things to expand it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yay, Xenthos is using the bardiche I designed.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.