Orchestrating a Union

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
edited August 2015 in Event Scrolls
Of primary interest to @Sylandra, @Maligorn, and @Irillia, I'm sure. Here I try to arrange my OTP.

In which we drink tea from shot glasses

Daraius says, "I hope I am not giving the impression that this is a clandestine meeting."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu laughingly says, "I have no idea what this is about, but I am happy to do what I am able."

Daraius nods his head at Pejat.

Daraius sits himself down on a crystal bench festooned with white honeysuckle and makes himself comfortable.

Pejat sits himself down on a crystal bench festooned with white honeysuckle and makes himself comfortable.

Pejat takes a sapphirine snowflake tea bottle of glacial hues from a translucent pack sewn with golden lilies.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu asks, "Would you care for tea?"

His eyes bright, Daraius says to Pejat, "Always."

With a look of helplessness, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Do you have a cup or gems?"

Comprehension flashes across Pejat's face.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Uncut gems!"

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu laughingly says, "I have those."

Daraius bares his teeth in an odd canine grin.

Daraius says, "I can forego the tea if you are not quite prepared to serve it."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "I am almost prepared."

Pejat crushes the cluster of gems into a fine powder and fashions a set of 6 fine glasses.

Retrieving a small black booklet from his pocket, Daraius says, "My line of questioning is decidedly more focused this time."

Pejat pours honey-laced green tea with mint leaf from a sapphirine snowflake tea bottle of glacial hues into a shot glass.

Pejat gives a shot glass to Daraius.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Understood, Ambassador. I believe we are ready to begin."

Ambassador Daraius Shevat examines the tea-filled shot glass with inscrutable intensity for a long moment, then dips his muzzle politely towards Pejat in thanks.

Pejat puts a sapphirine snowflake tea bottle of glacial hues into a translucent pack sewn with golden lilies.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu politely folds his paws in his lap.

Flipping to a page just past half-way through his booklet, Daraius says to Pejat, "First, a note of clarification for my records. Taking into account the frequency, duration, and quality of our encounters thus far, are we considered friends?"

Daraius looks up at Pejat placidy, his head tilted slightly to the side.

Daraius takes a drink of green tea from a shot glass.

Daraius bares his teeth in what could easily be a cringe or a smile.

Looking upwards in concerned thought, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "I have as of yet made no rubic to decide when one is truly friends. I do find calling one friend beneficial to most interactions, and thus I would be willing to improve the already good relation between us."

Daraius issues a quiet growl of assent as he scribes a brief note in his booklet.

Pejat nods his head at Daraius, showing his acceptance.

Snapping the booklet shut and slipping it discreetly back into his pocket, Daraius says, "Not quite as unambiguous as I might have hoped, but moving right along nonetheless."

Pejat ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

His lips turning up into something of a grin, Daraius says to Pejat, "We shall see if this next question improves the already good relation between us."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu nods with blatant interest.

Meeting his gaze with untroubled directness, Daraius asks Pejat, "Have you ever considered a partnership with my grandson Maligorn?"

Ambassador Daraius Shevat swivels his ears towards Pejat, listening carefully.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu states, "I have, though I removed that as an option as I observed Soloist Jonai taking an interest in him."

Daraius nods solemnly to Pejat.

Daraius says, "I've heard reports of said interest. It was unclear how far they had progressed."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "They had been rather rare, but it is my hope they will soon have more time to work together. They are both excellent examples of Hallifaxian Citizens."

Daraius says, "Oh yes? I have not seen much of Jonai, myself, but his or her lineage is of some concern."

Suddenly troubled, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu whispers, "I did not know. Will he be alright?"

Ambassador Daraius Shevat examines Pejat's expression carefully, his own displaying some semblance of puzzlement.

His tone even and relaxed, Daraius says, "I mean to say I am not particularly amenable to the possibility of a Trueflight scion entering my family."

His eyes alighting with realization, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Understood, Ambassador."

Daraius says, "Though of course, my grandson's comfort and happiness are of high importance to me. If he is to continue to serve as a productive citizen, he must have some degree of interpersonal harmony with his partner."

Daraius says, "Thus, I can allow my personal preferences to influence his decisions only so much."

His tail swaying languidly off the edge of the bench, Daraius says, "Personally, I would much prefer to pair the two of you together."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu scratches his temple as his head droops to the side.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "It is an exciting prospect, but sadly I feel it is improbable."

Daraius says to Pejat, "You'll forgive my forwardness, I hope. I have long thought it best to address these matters directly, rather than to dance around them."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Agreed. I appreciate forwardness and openness."

A low, contented growl arises within Daraius's chest.

Experimentally, Daraius asks, "You endorse Jonai's suitability, then?"

Puffing up his chest, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Absolutely. When I was to wed Zerif we were quite interested in having him as our son. Though it was not the case, he is still a member of simultaneousness dignity and joy."

Daraius pauses for a second in contemplation.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu twitches his head towards Daraius in a curious fashion.

His voice edged with a low growl, Daraius says, "Duly noted. I will confess I'd hoped this discussion would proceed differently, but I quite appreciate your candor."

Daraius says, "As virtues go, there is little I value more than sincerity."

His eyes brightening, Daraius asks Pejat, "What do you think of Ileein?"

Daraius's tail sways languidly.

Pejat utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "I had a very feeble attempt of presenting my interest to him."

Daraius emits a sound somewhere between a chuckle and a growl.

With a slight raise of the eyebrows, Daraius perks up his ears and turns his attention towards Pejat.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Suffice to say it went unnoticed."

Daraius flattens his ears against his head.

Daraius says, "It was a gambit, admittedly."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "As things are in this arena."

Showing that he understands, Daraius nods his head slowly towards Pejat.

Deflating the air from his chest, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "To be entirely forthcoming, I am a bit conflicted in this area."

Ambassador Daraius Shevat nods encouragingly towards Pejat, his attention focused on his every word.

Lost in his recounting, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Zerif quickly saw the error of Gaudiguch for himself and returned to Serenwilde. Thiden of Serenwilde has been making his interests clear to me for some time now. Choices that cause the most good are quickly becoming clouded."

Daraius's brows knit slightly, and only for an instant.

Snapping back to a formal even tone, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Thus, I can make no guarantees, until I am sure that I am choosing something that is within everyone's interest."

Amused at his own words, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Best interest, rather."

Daraius says, "I imagine I am only further complicating matters by expressing my own."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu smiles and says, "Truth may appear to complicate things, but it merely gives you insight to what is already present."

Letting his brow droop, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "May I ask for information from you, Ambassador?"

Daraius's whiskers twitch abruptly.

Daraius says to Pejat, "Of course."

Daraius carefully scrutinizes Pejat's expression and movements with unblinking intensity, as if cataloguing every feature.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu asks, "Did you receive any prompts from the two aforementioned individuals?"

Daraius rumbles with a low growl as he gathers his thoughts.

Folding his paws placidly in his lap, Daraius says, "This investigation is purely my own. If I have not made my feelings clear already, allow me to state it plainly: any family would be quite lucky to count you among its members, and I have hoped for a while now that it would eventually be the Shevats."

Daraius hastens to add, "That is not to say I consider you merely a potential acquisition."

Blinking in surprise, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "I did not know. I am honoured that someone of your esteem holds that belief."

Daraius gives a single earnest nod, his eyes warmly lambent.

Slowly nodding his head, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "I apologize that I cannot commit to anything now, but I am better off for the information you have presented me."

Sincerely, Daraius says, "You have nothing to apologize for, I assure you."

Bowing his head, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Thank you, Ambassador. You have been most kind to me."

Daraius says to Pejat, "I am, of course, duty-bound as Written Chancellor of my House to be mindful of potential productive partners for my family members. But I have developed a degree of fondness and concern for you in particular, so I must hope that your path leads to a harmonious partnership, whether it is under the Shevat name or another."

Daraius says, "I did approach Maligorn directly on this topic. He is willing to entertain the possibility, but indicated the potential of complications with Jonai."

Baring his teeth in an odd canine grin, Daraius says, "I did not consult Ileein."

Daraius says, "As I said, that was a gambit."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "I understand. The Engineer was your first choice."

Raising his head, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu asks, "Were there any other inquiries, Ambassador?"

Daraius says, "No, you have been quite generous with your answers. If you wish, I can assess Ileein's attitude more directly."

Hesitantly, Daraius says, "But I suspect in spite of your many positive qualities, you are.. not.. quite his type?"

Pejat blinks.

In clear honesty, Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "I would not know."

Daraius says, "Nor would I. His history of entanglements is something of a mystery."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "If I find myself in a position to freely move towards Ileein I will directly ask him."

Daraius nods his head at Pejat.

Daraius says to Pejat, "I quite support that approach."

Daraius says to Pejat, "Thank you for your time, comrade. I hope I have not put you in too uncomfortable a position."

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu smiles and says, "Not at all. I am fond of forwardness."

Daraius says, "Bear in mind that your service to the Collective remains paramount; I hope your decision reflects this understanding."

Daraius gets up off a crystal bench festooned with white honeysuckle.

Pejat gets up off a crystal bench festooned with white honeysuckle.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Understood, Ambassador."

Pejat clears his throat.

Grand Libretto Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "Thank you, and may you be well, Ambassador."

Pejat gives Daraius a respectful salute.

Daraius clasps his paws before him and offers a polite bow, his tail swaying happily.

Daraius says, "Likewise, comrade. May your efforts be fruitful."

Daraius says, "Do let me know if I can be of any service, in this or any other matter."

Ambassador Daraius Shevat bows his head politely to Pejat.
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    There was a chapter after this where everything kind of fell apart, and I never did have that chat with Maellio. But it all worked out in the end. :x
    I used to make cakes.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I didn't even realize what he was doing until I reviewed the log later, but Pejat pretend-drinking his tea killed me
    I used to make cakes.

• I opened this thread with the hope that the title referred to a labor union. I am disappointed.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I, however, am thoroughly not. :D
  • Kalnid said:
    I opened this thread with the hope that the title referred to a labor union. I am disappointed.
    Me too....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Kalnid said:
    I opened this thread with the hope that the title referred to a labor union. I am disappointed.
    I opened this thread with the hope that the title referred to a labour union. I am, however, not disappointed by the log one bit. :D
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I'm just thoroughly impressed at the languidly people manage to express themselves and to create flair. I hope I'll eventually get to the point where lusternian emoting feels natural enough to express such things.

For now, I must say, I really am impressed with what you displayed here and it was a delightful read, thanks for sharing!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.