In which the shadows generally dislike Alic's pets

In the old days, I used to illusion people at the Eternal Flame a lot, but I've found surprisingly little reason to do likewise in Glomdoring. So when Alic kept showing up at the Master, I decided to have a bit of fun. Alic was a really good sport about it, too. The log has been seriously edited, since nexuses are noisy places, and between illusions and emoting it seemed better to set this in third person as well.

Using his tongue and the roof of his mouth, Stratas makes a quiet clicking noise.

Using his tongue and the roof of his mouth, Alic makes a quiet clicking noise.

Tendrils of murky shadow crawl from the Master Ravenwood and surround a young pegasus, slowly climbing up its legs and wicking across its body.

Alic shifts his eyes suspiciously from side to side.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "What is happening to my pegasus."

l pegasus
Playfully hopping from hoof to hoof, this young, winged foal chirps in a strange, bird-like song, a playful air about it. Occasionally the young foal twitches pale grey wings, testing the air about him tentatively. His soft white coat is mostly soft, downy feathers, occasionally coming off in clumps as he leaps into the air. Young and molting, this foal has the youthful innocence of a steed born of the Light of Celestia, its small frame with much potential to grow. He is called 'Peggers.'
A young pegasus is quite powerful.

Dauphine Salome Nightshade, the White Weaver says, "They're not very welcome here, I'm afraid."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy says, "I think the Wyrd wants it, oho."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "...I am okay with this."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training looks thoughtful and says, "A Wyrden Pegasus...sounds really...unique."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy says, "We wouldn't allow you to take it with you, you know. The Wyrd keeps what it claims."

Alic makes a short, vexed sound.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to you, "But we are allies, allies share."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to you, "I'd let you take my ribbachi."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy says, "I think the Wyrd has already decided it wants your pegasus."

A young pegasus folds his wings about himself, the feathers shimmering with a soft, sidereal radiance.

The shadows shift angrily, climbing higher on the pegasus to mask the radiant light.

Dauphine Salome Nightshade, the White Weaver says to Alic, "Perhaps you could let it graze in the stables a while?"

Alic nods his head emphatically.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to a young pegasus, "Go away."

A young pegasus bobs his head several times just before trotting off.

Salome nods her head in agreement.

Salome gently lifts her hands to the shadows, attempting to soothe them with her touch.

Alic purses his lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as he carefully gathers his thoughts.

With their quarry no longer available, the shadows settle sulkily on the ground before seeping away.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "I actually wanted to see what'd happen."

Salome allows a mild frown to cross her full, pouting lips.

Alic presses his fingertips together, arching them slightly. An eerie grin lights across his face as he murmurs softly, "Sooon..."

Siam idly inspects his perfectly manicured fingernails.

Alic opens a scarlet, heart-shaped box.

Alic picks up 5 heart-shaped candies from a scarlet, heart-shaped box.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "Would anyone like candy?"

Sibilant whispers in a thousand disparate tones filter through the air as Lavinya floats in from the down.
An elegant lady-in-waiting sashays into view from the down, lace parasol twirling over one shoulder.
A cage-wheel trundles in from the down before stopping as the hamster within stops running in place.
A shadowlord widowrider nods his head at Lavinya.

Alic points a gold-framed scrying mirror at Lavinya.

Lavinya gives Alic the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to Lavinya, "Any -teddy- bears?"

Alic looks at Lavinya hopefully.

Looking downtrodden, Lavinya sadly shakes her head.

Salome curtseys gracefully.

Alic sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.

A young pegasus trots in with head high, butting Alic gently with his head.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to a young pegasus, "Looks like the shadows don't want you now."

Lavinya glances askance at a young pegasus.
A young pegasus trots restlessly in place.

Stratas ponders a young pegasus thoughtfully, looking him up and down.
A young pegasus fans his wings to and fro, trailing starry motes of celestial light.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "It's so awful."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy says, "I suppose there's not that much remarkable about him for the shadows to want?"

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "They wanted it earlier."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "You made the shadows sad when I was told to dismiss it."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy says, "Perhaps the shadows think you don't mean what you said about sharing?"

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "Ah?"

Stratas ponders the situation.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "I would love to see a Wyrden version of my ribbachi, could you imagine?"

The eyes of Alic go briefly out of focus.

Alic pets a bulbous ribbachi ingratiatingly.

l ribbachi
Entirely lacking in features, this bulbous ribbachi is, at first glance, a formless wad of flesh with legs, lacking in eyes, mouth and nostrils. Very rarely does the creature move, yet when it does, four, oddly jointed legs allow it to silently hop a few inches at a time before going still once more. What could pass for a head occasionally shifts, revealing a circle of tightly drawn skin rimmed with small scales on each side of the pointed fore part of the creature. Each leg bears three-pronged feet complete with webbing, drawn tightly between the toes.
A bulbous ribbachi seems strong and confident.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to a bulbous ribbachi, "You're so ugly you're cute."

The shadows mockingly coalesce into an ugly black frog, which makes a laughing 'ribbit' before fading away.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "Oh dear, they do not like my ribbachi it seems."

Alic ponders a bulbous ribbachi thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

An armoured viper slithers about quietly before settling back into its coils.

Alic pats a young pegasus in a friendly manner.
A young pegasus trots restlessly in place.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "I really hope the flesh eating pegasus turns out to be...non-Celestial."

An armoured viper slithers about a bulbous ribbachi.

Alic gives a gold-framed scrying mirror to Stratas.

Stratas ponders a gold-framed scrying mirror thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy chants, "Mirror, mirror, in my hand, show me how beautiful I am."

Stratas stares implacably at a gold-framed scrying mirror.

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy murmurs, "If ever there were a sight to see, then it would surely look like me."

Alic gives a pitch black heart-shaped candy to Lavinya d'Murani, of the Insatiable Night.

Lavinya gives a pitch black heart-shaped candy the once-over, eyeing it suspiciously.

Lavinya gives Alic the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

Lavinya gives a pitch black heart-shaped candy the once-over, eyeing it suspiciously.

Lavinya pops a pitch black heart-shaped candy into her mouth, sucking and chewing on the vanilla cream creation before finally swallowing. Suddenly her skin takes on a faint pitch black sheen, fading after a few moments to become barely noticeable.

An ecstatic Lavinya exclaims, "Date Me!!"

Lavinya d'Murani, of the Insatiable Night says to Alic, "I'm not responsible for what my husband will do to you if you try."

Lavinya nods solemnly.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "Pardon?"

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "Ah."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "Where is my mirror?"

Comprehension flashes across Alic's face.

Stratas gives a gold-framed scrying mirror to Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training.

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy to Alic, "It's broken. I saw other people who were not me."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "It shows you where everyone is."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to you, "It's magix."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to you, "It's magic."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy murmurs, "That's not what I asked it to do."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "That's not what it's meant to do."

Out of the corner of your eye you notice a slimy centipede crawling between the wings of a young pegasus.

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy murmurs, "Who looks at a mirror to see other people?"

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to you, "You don't look at a rock and expect it to fly do you?"

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "It's a special mirror."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy to Alic, "Well, I suppose a consolation is you can use it to see how pretty I am from anywhere."

Folding his wings so he can reach them easily, Stratas preens his wings happily, straightening out the disheveled feathers.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to you, "Something like that."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy murmurs, "Better than staring at that half-baked homunculus of yours, oho."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "My what?"

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy says, "That disgusting trill looking thing you brought here a few months ago."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to Stratas, "I do not recall."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy says, "Though I suppose you already killed it and forgot about it, which is good."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy murmurs, "Put it out of everyone's misery."

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says, "Still lost."

The shadows hiss angrily as they pile onto each other, taking the shape of a deformed trill that looks vaguely like Alic.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Alic's lips.

Alic molds pulsating flesh into a vaguely humanoid creature. Within moments after lacing his hand on its chest, the creature begins to stretch and twitch. Finally, it opens its eyes and begins to mewl like a newborn, finally settling into the form of a homunculus resembling a deformed trill.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill snuffles softly.

Alic wrinkles his nose in distaste.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill approaches the shadow homunculus wearily.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill snuffles softly at you.

You curl your nose up and grimace at a homunculus resembling a deformed trill.

Giving a deformed homunculus a disdainful glance, a shadow trill homunculus lifts a dainty hand to rest at its neckline.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill scoffs arrogantly.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill says, "You're nothing special."

Alic thwaps a homunculus resembling a deformed trill on the head.

Alic tilts his head and listens intently to Tylwyth.

A shadow trill homunculus sneers and says, "I'm merely your shadow. You are no more special than I, fleshbag."

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill says, "Oh well."

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill says, "Um."

Darach Tylwyth Nightshade says to Alic, "How are you?"

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill crosses his arms at a shadow trill homunculus.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill leans on a young pegasus seeking consolation.

Initiate Alic, Sugar Daddy in Training says to Tylwyth, "Considering releasing my fleshy before it gets out of hand."

A young pegasus snorts indignantly at a homunculus resembling a deformed trill, moving away before it catches fleas, or mange.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill breaks down and sobs uncontrollably.

Salome blinks.

Salome tilts her head curiously at a homunculus resembling a deformed trill.

Dauphine Salome Nightshade, the White Weaver says, "Why do you cry, little one?"

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill snuffles at its shadow sadly.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill says to Salome, "It's hard being me."

Salome nods her head in agreement.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill says to Salome, "Even master's mount doesn't like me."

A shadow trill homunculus sneers and says, "It's hard being his shadow."

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill says, "My own shadow doesn't like me, why do I live? Am I only here to save master's life if he dies??"

A young pegasus seems to feel guilty about snubbing the hideous malformation, and it inches over towards the deformed trill homunculus, nuzzling it tenderly.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill runs up to a young pegasus and envelops him in a massive bearhug.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill exclaims, "I do have friends!"

Stratas peers at a homunculus resembling a deformed trill unscrupulously.

Stratas shudders violently as a chill ripples down his spine.

Salome glances askance at Stratas.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill says, "You like me, don't you shadow?"

A shadow trill homunculus scoffs arrogantly, before saying, "You cry a lot. It's annoying. But I will follow you where ever you go, make no mistake."

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill says, "Shadows are so loyal."

Rubbing his hands together, a shadow trill homunculus grins with evil satisfaction. "Yes, loyal. We'll go with that."

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill exclaims, "Loyal!"

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill gives an icy blue heart-shaped candy to Stratas.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill snuffles softly at Stratas.

Stratas stares implacably at a homunculus resembling a deformed trill.

Stratas stares implacably at a hot pink heart-shaped candy.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill says, "The shadow likes me, you should too."

Stratas stares at the rather large multitude of coloured candies he holds, before glancing up at the homunculus.

Stratas ponders a homunculus resembling a deformed trill thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

Stratas takes a master's paint palette from a spidersilk black pack.

Stratas ceases wielding an intoxicating indigo poppy mandolin in his left hand.

Stratas ceases wielding a blackened tower shield with a serrated-edge in his right hand.

Stratas begins to wield a master's paint palette in his left hand.

Stratas begins to wield a delicate silver pantograph in his right hand.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill trips over something and falls face first.

With precise brushwork and an artistic flair, Stratas paints a homunculus resembling a deformed trill in a variety of scandalous and lurid colours.

Stratas's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill scrambles up and poses.

Stratas dabs paint directly onto the homunculus, smearing a hot pink smile on its face, and lining its eyes with icy blue. a splash of rouge goes on the cheeks, and a sickening green covers the nose.

Deep in thought, Stratas leans his cheek on his hand.

Stratas paints a big yellow L on the homunculus's forehead.

Chuckling, Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy murmurs, "It's for loyal."

A young pegasus folds his wings about himself, the feathers shimmering with a soft, sidereal radiance.

A homunculus resembling a deformed trill exclaims, "Okay!"

Stratas pats a homunculus resembling a deformed trill in a friendly manner.

Stratas wipes his hand on his robes, making no efforts to disguise what he's doing.

"That's gross!" exclaims Alic to Stratas.

Alic rubs up against a king's ransom of golden sovereigns affectionately.

Clearly disgusted with the goings on, a shadow trill homunculus makes a sour face before dispersing, leaving little sign of its presence save a vague outline behind the deformed fleshbag homunculus.

Clearly disgusted that no one noticed it, a vile centipede crawls off a young pegasus and scuttles back into the foliage around the Master Ravenwood.

Stratas ponders the situation.

A young pegasus bobs his head several times just before trotting off.

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy says, "I think I must be off, myself, oho."

Stratas Shee-Slaugh, Hymnist of the Umbral Elegy to Alic, "Don't leave your toys here."

Alic nods his head enthusiastically at Stratas.

With a flourish of his arm, Stratas bows deeply.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Poor Alic thought it was a divine messing with him. Very well done (and awful entertaining).

• Oh, I see how it is. @Alic acts less like a moron when he's there so he can impress you guys. Why don't I get that kind of special treatment? :-w
  • BUT YOU DIDN'T REMOVE MY TYPOS

THANKS