Prime Raiding discussion goes HERE, NOT in the Tree Chopping thread please.

Though they are related, please discuss general reforms or suggestions  and idea 's for prime raiding here rather than the very spedifc Tree Chopping thread.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Comments

• @Tarkenton and @Daganev this thread's for you.

• Remove the avenger system and make it open slather (waits for the cries of "....won't somebody think about the noobs")

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Leolamins said:
    Remove the avenger system and make it open slather (waits for the cries of "....won't somebody think about the noobs")

If we introduce an assassin system like in Achaea, then sure, but i'd rather we not destroy our pk protection for lower-com players and thus our game like Aetolia.
  • Rather, it's called consequences for actions. Hiding behind Avenger is something that is literally only done by established players and combatants and never newbies, not because they want to abuse it, but because the system enforces it in this way. It's a fact of life here, that there is much less consequence for provocation simply because of around 30% or more of the game's world being protected by Avenger mechanics.

Of course, it has the benefit of protecting newbies, so I'm fine with it remaining as is. But Aetolia's lack of Avenger protection and therefore their much higher level of RP engagement most certainly has its advantages over Avenger. That said, it also has its disadvantages, namely a higher requirement of time investment by the admin to handle spurious issues filed by those who want to have their cake and to eat it as well.

Removing Avenger won't necessarily help prime raiding. More meaningful conflict mechanisms outside of Avenger protection is probably the better way to go about it.

• If you think my suggestion belongs here, then you didn't understand my suggestion.
  • edited August 2015
    Daganev said:
    If you think my suggestion belongs here, then you didn't understand my suggestion.
    Perhaps.I"m not all knowing.