The philosophy of killing krokani

edited August 2015 in Event Scrolls
What this log needed: MORE DEAD KROKANI
(though admittedly this was more fun for me than doing the quest would have been)

The Liran Road. (road).
The intoxicating scent of poppy flowers and resinous smoke wafts through the air, cast by the 
presence of a healing shrine of Mysrai nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here. It is quite mild. 
The dirt road winds lazily along the side of the valley, small stones and bits of packed earth 
scattered upon its well-traveled surface. To the north, a small fork in the path travels over low 
hillocks of lush green earth to split between an orderly sprawl of fertile farmland. In the distance 
beyond this, the silhouette of a great temple-like structure makes its presence known against the 
sky. Humming to the music within her soul, a blithe Lirangsha singer waits here. A young pony with a 
silky tail stands here quietly. Sister Aeldra Ladyn is here, shrouded. She wields a simple lotus-
etched tahto with both hands.
You see exits leading north, east, and west.

<influencing spam>

You give a glittering black rose to Sister Aeldra Ladyn.

<influencing spam>

Sister Aeldra Ladyn says to you, "Thank you."

<influencing spam>

You say, "Mind if I kill the ones you've influenced?"

<influencing spam>

Sister Aeldra Ladyn asks you, "Why would you slaughter those poor creatures?"

You say, "They're a bit too cheerful for my tastes."

Aeldra creases her brow in a frown.

Frowning, Sister Aeldra Ladyn says, "I am not in a position to stop you from killing them and I have 
no say on their lives."

Nodding in agreement, you say, "Quite so. I just thought it'd be polite to ask."

Sister Aeldra Ladyn says, "I would not have thought people would seek to slaughter because of others 
being cheerful."

You smile and say, "Celest must be a lovely place to live, hmm?"

Tilting her head slightly, Sister Aeldra Ladyn says, "Well, I like it well enough."

You say, "Where I come from, people use far more trivial reasons as a reason to slaughter others."

Eyes widening slightly, Sister Aeldra Ladyn says to you, "Then I feel sad for you, miss. Being 
cheerful does not feel to be a reason to be killed over. You are of the Glomdoring?"

You say to Aeldra, "Yes, but I don't know why you'd feel sad for that. Strength is valued in 
Glomdoring, and I have no reason to show mercy to those who can't defend themselves."

Sister Aeldra Ladyn says to you, "There's might in other things than the blade."

You look thoughtful and say, "It is a practical way to approach relations with others... though I 
appreciate that Celest has a more idealistic view of the world."

You smile and say to Aeldra, "Certainly there might. Music can be quite harmful, too. But for the 
moment, it suits me here, in this place."

Shrugging slightly, Sister Aeldra Ladyn says, "I am not sure how well or not I do represent Celest 
in 'typical views'."

You say, "I'm not sure either, but you are not the first to protest the use of force to me."

Smiling slightly, Sister Aeldra Ladyn asks you, "Having seen their suffering, I could not let it 
just pass me by. You say your people value strength, but is it a display of strength to slay someone 
who is not your equal in battle?"

You say to Aeldra, "I meant no threat against you, dear. We have an agreement with Celest, even if 
we do not always agree on every detail. As for the krokani, there is little value in allowing the 
weak to survive, unless they can be of use later."
An aslaran pilgrim says, "The krokani have been an enemy of our people for many years."

Sister Aeldra Ladyn says to you, "You may have mistaken me. If I had perceived you threatening me, I 
would've left. Part of me is asking out of a desire to understand why you deem those not worthy of 
living."

With a slight nod, you say, "I am glad my intentions were not misunderstood, then. If they prove 
themselves worthy of life, or offer something of value to me or the Wyrd, I would let them live. As 
it is, I am yet unaware of their value- so, there is no reason to allow them to keep their lives."

Nodding slowly, sadness gleaming deep in her sapphire eyes, Sister Aeldra Ladyn says, "A perspective 
of life and stance that I fail to see reason to, but I fear that my lookout on the first world would 
be similar would I've been brought up to where you were."

Tapping her chin lightly with one figure, you say, "Perhaps it would. As it is, my perspective is 
shaped by the Wyrd, so I must give it deference over that of others."

Sister Aeldra Ladyn says to you, "If I may add, though. Can you perceive what the life or death of a 
single soul means to your collective. The course of action that will happen if Lirangsha would stop 
to exist?"

You say to Aeldra, "Not at all. I doubt they would have much impact on the commune living or dead. 
However, they did carve their village out of the natural environment, creating something false and 
less beautiful. It does not speak well to their character."

Rising an eyebow, looking a tad confused, Sister Aeldra Ladyn asks you, "Would you honor me by 
elaborating what you mean with your statement?"

Tilting her head to the side curiously, you say, "Do you mean the second?"

Aeldra nods her head emphatically.

Sister Aeldra Ladyn says, "You say that it does not speak well for them that they carved their 
village out of the natural environment."

Kethaera gestures toward the road beneath her feet and the nearby temple.

Thoughtfully, Sister Aeldra Ladyn asks you, "Is it not that everywhere we mortals tread, we change 
the way the world is on the place we settle? Even within a commune such as yours?"

You say, "They took resources from the natural world and used it to form constructs of stone in 
unnatural unity and structure. Those of the cities take from nature and give little back to it in 
return- but by their deaths, creatures are fed, and resources spared further destruction. It is far 
more fair, in that light, than allowing them to live."

You say to Aeldra, "Change is not the problem. It is taking without replacing what was lost. In 
Glomdoring, there is balance, as the forest shelters us, and we protect and manage it in return."

Sister Aeldra Ladyn says to you, "You have lived here for a time then, knowing they have given 
little back to their environment? I can not judge such things easily, I do know so little of these 
creatures."

You say to Aeldra, "I know the general character of all those who live in cities and villages, in 
this regard. If they wanted to protest my assessment, they could do so- but you, as you say, are in 
no position to speak on their behalf."

Sister Aeldra Ladyn says, "I can not judge their actions as I have not witnessed them, that is true. 
Nor can I defend them, for it is not given to me."

Raising an eyebrow slightly, you say, "Then you concede I have every right to kill them?"

Sighing, with sadness in her voice, Sister Aeldra Ladyn says to you, "No. I mourn every life that is 
taken, be it duck or goat, or hare, krokani, aslaran, orclach, human or elfen. Death is part of the 
cycle of life and sometimes it is a necessity. But you don't seek to kill them because you hunger, 
or because they threaten you. You seek to slay them because you find their mood not agreeable."

With another nod of agreement, you say, "And because there is no reason not to. If you accept that 
death is part of the cycle, then there should be no need for sadness or mourning. Embrace it with as 
much joy as you would a birth."

You sense the piercing eyes of Tekora looking upon you.

You tell Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal, "Hmm?"

Tekora tells you, "Greetings. Ssaliss directed me to your presence in realms. I have a gift for the 
Glomdoring, on behalf of the Collective and am seeking an individual to accept it."

Sister Aeldra Ladyn says to you, "I fear we'll have to settle for disagreement here. I have my 
reasons to feel the way I do but you are much older then me and have settled in your paths. All is 
left for me to hope that their death will be without suffering. You will have to excuse me, though. 
I will not watch you commit your bloodbath miss. A good day."

Aeldra Ladyn offers a polite bow to you.

Kethaera glances away from Aeldra, tilting her head toward the sky as if distracted 
by something. Sighing, she says, "Well, your arguing has bought them a reprieve anyway. I must go."
"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I agree that this was fun, I enjoyed it quite a bit :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Yay, I helped
  • Tekora said:
    Yay, I helped
    Just proof that city-dwellers ruin -everything-.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."