m&mf

Comments

• edited July 2017
    fwiw my install issues were across 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3, all with completely fresh installs on Ubuntu. 3.1 was from the repository, 3.2 and 3.3 were the portable app images. I also deleted the home directory where all the settings and profiles were between each time.

What fixed it for me @Moi was to simply download an old version of m&mf and update it. Have you tried that with any success?

edit2add: Moi, do you happen to have GMCP disabled? A shot in the dark.
  • which version of mudlet and mm are you using?
  • Version 3.3.1.0
  • Bug report: Even with 'usehealing' set to full, mm tries to eat earwort for deafness.
    beep
  • It might be using it if you didn't have enough mana or it doesn't know you can use that skill
  • edited July 2017
    I was near full and sensory is pretty low on the healing tree... it should be up to date on my healing skills.

Also I think it might not be using healing right for burns either but it went by too quick for me to really be sure...

edit: yup it's up to date: 
    beep
  • edited July 2017
    ...Ok, mm's use of the healing skill is definitely thoroughly broken.

https://pastebin.com/HWEW7csd

edit:
    Just been experimenting a bit more and...
    - Curing blindness with healing also doesn't work
    - Curing broken limbs with healing isn't working
    beep
  • Further experimentation shows that the "cannot find foo.lua" errors only start up for me after I install mmf. So I am probably doing that wrong. Can someone explain to me how to do it correctly?
  • Moi said:
    Further experimentation shows that the "cannot find foo.lua" errors only start up for me after I install mmf. So I am probably doing that wrong. Can someone explain to me how to do it correctly?
    I don't recall m-mf having foo.lua file. Are you sure?
  • MoiMoi
    edited July 2017
    Not literally foo.lua that's just a placeholder.

StringUtils.lua, TableUtils.lua, DebugTools.lua, everything for Geyser, etc. as seen here: http://imgur.com/a/UdXsw
  • it looks like to be a mudlet issue, not m-mf. can you create an issue on mudlet GitHub?
  • It's really odd that you're starting to get these errors after installing m&mf @Moi, but I can help and have a look for you as to what is going on.
  • edited July 2017
    Hrm, m&mf recently started getting caught up on defenses and the nameDB. The only defense that it gets confused by is Malkuth in HighMagic, and so far only one name has confused the nameDB. Even after deleting the person and canceling, it couldn't give up on trying to check their honours. I also opened up the m&m script file and checked the trigger line for Malkuth, it hasn't changed. Any suggestions on where to get started? I did try re-installing Mudlet as well, no dice.

edit: stretch is now also acting wonky
  • Chirbi said:
    Hrm, m&mf recently started getting caught up on defenses and the nameDB. The only defense that it gets confused by is Malkuth in HighMagic, and so far only one name has confused the nameDB. Even after deleting the person and canceling, it couldn't give up on trying to check their honours. I also opened up the m&m script file and checked the trigger line for Malkuth, it hasn't changed. Any suggestions on where to get started? I did try re-installing Mudlet as well, no dice.

edit: stretch is now also acting wonky
    you might want to try NDB CANCEL to cancel the attempt.
  • edited July 2017
    I am canceling it each time it gets stuck, but I'm unable to use CWHO/GWHO etc. because it will immediately resume trying to check the honours that it can't get. I've also tried deleting the person to give it a fresh start. All temporary fixes.

5695h, 5695m, 8600e, 10p, 21980en, 21980w Bex-cwho
    **********************[ THE GRAND PROVINCE OF GAUDIGUCH ]**********************
    Citizen         Class           Rank              Position             CT  OffP
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chirbi(Goon)    Minstrel        Viscountess       Minister of Cultu    On    No
    *******************************************************************************
    1 from Goonsquad are on visible planes.
    1 Minstrel present, of those 0 are demigods/ascendants.
    Currently, there is 1 Citizen on visible Planes and 8 on other Planes.
    (m&mf): Have new names (Kanaya, Naralis, Rodngar) - going to check them.
    5695h, 5695m, 8600e, 10p, 21980en, 21980w Bex-
    Earthen Mother Kanaya n'Kylbar, Mud-Blood Enchantress (Female Undead Master 
    Viscanti).
    She is 313 years old, having been born on the 12th of Avechary, 166 years after 
    the Coming of Estarra.
    She is ranked 307th in Lusternia.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She holds the position of one of the Grey Custodians in the Iniquitous Society.
    She is a Professor in the College of Necromantic & Tainted Research.
    She is a Pilgrim in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    She is a graduate of the College of Necromantic & Tainted Research (honours).
    She is a member of the clan called 'The Jackal's Artistry.'
    She is the clan head of the clan called 'Cultural Presidium.'
    She is a member of the clan called 'The Daughters' Artificiers.'
    She is a member of the clan called 'The Daughters' Paraphernalia.'
    She is a member of the clan called 'The Academy of Cracked Earth.'
    She is a member of the clan called 'Society Trustee Associates Board.'
    She is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    Her motto: 'If you're reading this, I hate you.'
    She is considered to be approximately 35% of your might.
    She has taken the hand of Kailanna n'Kylbar in marriage.
    She has been divorced 4 times.
    She is a first generation member of the Great House of n'Kylbar by marriage.
    See HONOURS FULL KANAYA to view her 1 special honours.
    (m&mf): Honors on Kanaya didn't happen - re-checking...
    Earthen Mother Kanaya n'Kylbar, Mud-Blood Enchantress (Female Undead Master 
    Viscanti).
    She is 313 years old, having been born on the 12th of Avechary, 166 years after 
    the Coming of Estarra.
    She is ranked 307th in Lusternia.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She holds the position of one of the Grey Custodians in the Iniquitous Society.
    She is a Professor in the College of Necromantic & Tainted Research.
    She is a Pilgrim in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    She is a graduate of the College of Necromantic & Tainted Research (honours).
    She is a member of the clan called 'The Jackal's Artistry.'
    She is the clan head of the clan called 'Cultural Presidium.'
    She is a member of the clan called 'The Daughters' Artificiers.'
    She is a member of the clan called 'The Daughters' Paraphernalia.'
    She is a member of the clan called 'The Academy of Cracked Earth.'
    She is a member of the clan called 'Society Trustee Associates Board.'
    She is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    Her motto: 'If you're reading this, I hate you.'
    She is considered to be approximately 35% of your might.
    She has taken the hand of Kailanna n'Kylbar in marriage.
    She has been divorced 4 times.
    She is a first generation member of the Great House of n'Kylbar by marriage.
    See HONOURS FULL KANAYA to view her 1 special honours.
    5695h, 5695m, 8600e, 10p, 21980en, 21980w Bex-ndb cancel
    (m&mf): Cancelled honors-checking people.
  • Also I'm not able to Honours other folks apparently. It's hard to see, but there are some extra spaces in there potentially from where things are gagged:
    5695h, 5695m, 8600e, 10p, 21980en, 21980w Bex-honours naralis
    (m&mf): Done checking all new names.

• Ok, unsure about the defenses, but the name DB bug is really simple: The honours triggers won't work if certain lines get broken into two. I changed my wrapwidth to 250 and it fixed it right up.
  • edited July 2017
    did you change your wrapwidth to 0? its effectively tell the server not to wrap it.
  • The wrapwidth for the system should be 0, it sets that at install time.
  • edited July 2017
    Sorry, I wasn't very specific. To clarify: I always run at 0, but I had to set it to max and then back to 0 for it to catch on. edit: I've also since reinstalled Mudlet into a more suitable directory and have a more satisfactory m&mf install. I also had several bad attempts at installing m&mf, perhaps during one install my wrap got bumped?
  • Also thanks again for all the constant help everyone gives! Very appreciative of the Mudlet & m&mf crew!
  • hey, guys, I hear that some people still have a problem with stancing. If you are one of them, please describe it and/or post a screenshot of it. thanks!
  • loged in and it spammed this

10800h, 12151m, 9800e, 9p, 26400en, 26400w Bexkb<>-
    The swirling shadows heal your body and mind.
    (stance none)
    You cease using a defensive stance for combat.
    (stance none)
    (stance none)
    (stance none)
    10800h, 12009m, 9800e, 9p, 26400en, 26400w Bexkb<>-(-142m, 1.2%)
    (stance none)
    10800h, 12009m, 9800e, 9p, 26400en, 26400w Bexkb<>-
    (stance none)
    10800h, 12300m, 9800e, 9p, 26400en, 26400w Bexkb<>-(+291m, 2.4%)
    (stance none)

• fixed it by setting up mm parry again.
  • This may or may not help for those having stance problems. Make a new script in mudlet and put this in there:
    function shedrin_stance(tbl)<br>	mm.sp_config.stance_shouldbe = "none"<br>end<br><br>mm.sp_config.stance = shedrin_stance

• edited August 2017
    everybody, try:
    mmsp stancelevel 0
    it should work somehow for now.l

also. i found more things that should be disabled. my apologies. I didn't realized that i should test by using fresh mminstall to see if it is disabled in all. my bad. I have disabled & commented out the commands with those triggers. Hopefully it should NOT bugging y'all in next version.

• As of the latest update, MM no longer wants to use my healing scroll no matter the settings...
    beep
  • mmconfg scrollid 123 for the actual scroll?
    mmconfig scroll on to make it work?

• edited August 2017
    Veyils said:
    mmconfg scrollid 123 for the actual scroll?
    mmconfig scroll on to make it work?

It was working perfectly before the update... and I tend to toggle it a lot depending on how large of a group I'm fighting, with it set to fire before sipping. I checked to make sure it had the scroll ID and that it was turned on, and I cycled it a few times. I get the MM echoes about it being on or off, but when my vitals drop... Just nothing happens...

edit: screenshots

(it doesn't work for health either, just I'm influencing atm)

beep
  • Just in case there is a balance issue have you tried manually reading the scroll to make sure the system knows you have balance?

If not are you getting any errors?