RP vs PK

124»

Comments

• Sometimes, I'm not sure if Shu is just joking or not. =/

I'd really rather not waste time making up rules to tell people what to do when the only ones we really need to be keeping an eye on (or laying the smack down) as a community will give exactly zero fucks to those rules anyway. If anything, those are the people who would love to twist those rules to harass you and claim some sort of immunity or justification. I always felt Achaea made a mistake when they did that, and I have seen nothing, not in my playing experience or in this thread, to convince me otherwise.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited September 2015

#ImWithShuyin

(I'm 98% sure he's being sarcastic)

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    (He is-- though he has always had fun making posts like these to get people excited)
  • IMO, creating a list of rules creates more excuses for people to complain about who isn't following the rules, and has no effect on the people who weren't going to follow the rules anyway. No one wins.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited September 2015
    Maligorn said:
    Synkarin said:
    Great, more comparisons to other games to attempt to justify points.

Is it really that bad to compare two text games under the same IRE umbrella?
    Yes, it is.

That's like saying Fallout 4 sucks because it should have dragons since TES: Skyrim had them just because they're both made by Bethesda, even though they're two totally different worlds.

• Alic said:
    Maligorn said:
    Synkarin said:
    Great, more comparisons to other games to attempt to justify points.

Is it really that bad to compare two text games under the same IRE umbrella?
    Yes, it is.

That's like saying Fallout 4 sucks because it should have dragons since TES: Skyrim had them just because they're both made by Bethesda, even though they're two totally different worlds.
    ...I don't remember anyone saying Lusternia sucks? It's more like saying 'this is a cool idea that IRE has done before, so maybe it should be done here too.' Borrowing ideas from other games is a thing that happens, even between games that aren't made by the same people. It's not a bad thing.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Fallout would be cool with radioactive dragons.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Export the dragon data, give the model a green glow, spiderman esque radioactive dragon super powers...
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Someone's bound to make a mod for it. Fingers crossed!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:

Given that someone created a mod for Skyrim that converted all Dragons to giant My Little Ponies (complete with a theme song)...
  • edited September 2015

Xenthos said:
    Given that someone created a mod for Skyrim that converted all Dragons to giant My Little Ponies (complete with a theme song)...
    Please. Skyrim/MLP mods are for peasants.  Behold! The work of a visionary:

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My favorite is still the one that replaces all dragons with Thomas the Tank Engine.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My favorite is the person who keeps marking these posts off topic like we care.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I still have not figured out the people who use off topic flags as a bludgeon. Every single one of them has a plethora of off-topic posts that they have made themselves. Every time they click that flag they are declaring that it is a-okay for them to post whatever they want wherever they want, but how dare anyone else use the forums for the purpose of carrying on a conversation (PS: Conversations do not always stick to a single topic; I have never had even one discussion with friends where we have a referee throwing out red flags when we go off on a tangent).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It's just a button guys.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."