Miella Windwhisper's Sculpture

edited September 2015 in Event Scrolls
In which there is a lot of curtseying. And beautiful swan sculptures. Featuring @Sylandra@Zyphora, and @Tekora

Pellucid chimes ring out through the city, announcing the arrival of a new exhibit within the studios of the Windwhisper Gallery.

<walking to the Windwhisper gallery cut>

A cerulean parlour.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Finally ending, the last steps of the amethyst staircase merge seamless into the reflective floor of this studio. Thin gilding glosses over the intersections between the ground and the crystalline walls, edging the furnishings with an excess of refinement. Not of pale amethyst, one of the walls is made from quartz and allows shafts of light to brightly light the room. Cerulean benches rest against the southern wall, accommodating potential buyers. Gorgeously sculptured out of cerulean crystal are rendered birds captured in mid-flight that have been strategically placed about the chamber as if on display. Lavish with ultramarine pillows and silks, a bed of epic proportions rests beside the clear wall. The ceiling above is dome-shaped, featuring a mathematical mandala of threaded cerulean and heliotrope crystals. Amethyst accents the precious gemstones, which is further enhanced by icy platinum forming the obtuse and mesmerizing shapes. Miella Windwhisper stands proudly here, gracefully fluttering a cerulean silk fan. Majestic wings arched behind it as if poised to leap into the air, a sculpture of a swan stands here, crystalline surface gleaming.
You see a single exit leading down.

Delight casts a radiant joy across the face of Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird , who quickly tempers it to a more socially acceptable warmth.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird exclaims, "Oh! I mean, good afternoon!"

You curtsey gracefully.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird dips into a graceful curtsey, swinging her fan in a deep arc before her.

Tekora inclines her head politely to those around her.

Her gaze drifting to the sculpture, you say, "Good afternoon indeed. Is this the new exhibit then?"

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says, "Oh me oh my, I am so pleased to be able to unveil this work at last. But please! Do not let me interrupt you, do take all the time you wish to look."

Peerless quartz run through with pure white veins has been skilfully crafted into this majestic sculpture of a swan leaping into flight, the finesse doubtless that of a master artist. The sculptor's skill is most evident in the mottling of the crystal; the thin veins of smoke serve to display the plumage of the swan. Where the wings are held back like a poised ballerina, each tiny line is so perfectly placed that it is a marvel that such perfectly aligned crystal could be found. The whole piece has a life-like attention to detail, the only deviation from the natural being the faceted amethysts that serve as the swan's glittering eyes.
It weighs about 62 pounds.
It has the following aliases: sculpture, statue.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird takes up an almost maternal position near the sculpture, gazing at it with the love of a fatigued, yet triumphant artist.

Allyrianne walks about the sculpture, her expression admiring.

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal smiles and says to Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird, "Good afternoon, Lady Miella. How wonderful to see you have completed a new work!"

You say, "Truly, the craftsmanship on the wings is exquisite."

Tekora ponders a limpid sculpture of a majestic swan thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

Sylandra arrives from the down.

With faint embarrassment, Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says, "Indeed, it has taken many more years than I would like, but ah! Sometimes we must take longer to grow greater things, must we not?"

Sylandra tilts her head curiously.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird curtseys gracefully before Sylandra.

Sylandra curtseys gracefully.

Glancing about herself curiously, Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter says, "Is something the matter, Lady Miella?"

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal smiles and says, "I am of the opinion that anything worth accomplishing cannot be rushed."

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird tempers her delight with polite grace, and shakes her head. "Not at all, Lady Shevat. Indeed, it is a wonderful day, to have finally unveiled my latest work."

Sylandra's eyes brighten at the sight of the beautiful swan sculpture, nodding appraisingly at the sight. "It's marvelous," she murmurs.

With a faint smile, you say, "It can be difficult to complete a project that is dear to one's heart as well."

Tekora ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Primus Tekora Windwhisper, Historia Temporal says, "I must be leaving for a time, the Chairman seems to be in need of counsel."

Tekora curtseys gracefully before Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird.
Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird exclaims, "Oh, Lord Faethun throws the most fabulous
parties, and Lord Shevat has the greatest sense of humour! Such cute little stories!"
Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird offers a small, affected laugh as she fans herself, letting
her amusement trail off with a soft, contended sigh.

Tekora inclines her head politely to those around her.

You incline your head politely to Tekora.

"Oh, indeed. Art is a terribly painful thing, sometimes." Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird sighs gently, and turns her gaze once more to the majestic swan. "But worth every moment. I am so pleased to have rendered it as faithfully as I have managed."

Musing, you say to Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird, "Truly it is a breathtaking sight. May I ask what was your inspiration?"

Platinum white feathers flutter in on a perfumed wind, dancing about Zyphora as she glides in from the down.

Zyphora curtseys gracefully.

Sylandra curtseys gracefully before Zyphora.

You curtsey gracefully before Zyphora.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says, "Of course! Many years ago now, a swan found its way into my parlour and would not leave." Almost embarrassed, she confesses, "at first I was rather upset by the whole affair, but it transpired that she was unwell. In fact, I believe it was the Spiritsingers who took her away to care for her. Since then I have been working on this."

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird curtseys gracefully before Zyphora.

Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete smiles and says, "Greetings, I was informed that there was a new oeuvre of your creation to admire, Lady Windwhisper."

By way of reply, Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird steps to the side and gestures towards the sculpture.

Zyphora examines the sculpture with an expression of sincere admiration.

You say, "The Symphonium has been caring for a swan, although I do not know if it is the one that wandered into your parlour."

Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete smiles and says, "It is utterly majestic. You fail to disappoint once again, Lady Windwhisper. I still remember the gorgeous wreath you crafted from swan feathers for Solstice."

Zyphora tilts her head and listens intently to you.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird demurely hides her delight behind her fan until it is constrained enough to reveal her smile once more. "Oh me oh my! You are too kind. Indeed, I am much taken by the swan, of late. Such a noble creature." Her eyes glaze over with an artist's daydream for a moment, before she returns her attention to the conversation.

Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter says, "It's a terribly life-like rendition."

Zyphora nods her head emphatically.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says, "This is but the informal unveiling, of course. I am..." She pauses, lowering her voice as if in confession. "I am much hoping that Lady Shalmae shall come to view it, in the formal presentation."

Glancing over her shoulder first as if to ensure that the Lady Shalmae is not present, Sylandra nods at that with a sympathetic smile.

Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter asks, "Have you perhaps set a date for this unveiling?"

You tilt your head and listen intently.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird shakes her head, letting her fan drift aside. "Nay," she says, "though I am hoping it will be sometime in the coming months. If I delay much more, the other artists may start to comment upon my tardiness." She laughs gracefully...if a little nervously.

Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete smiles impishly and says, "There is such a thing as being fashionably late."

Airily, Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete says, "Brilliance cannot be rushed."

You say, "Certainly not. And the brilliance of your work will speak for itself."

Sincerely, Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter says, "Lady Miella, you needn't be concerned. You are among the Master Artists of this fair city due to your sublime aesthetic expertise. You, of all us present, ought to be the most confident in your artistry, no?"

Sylandra's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Zyphora nods her head in agreement.

Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter says, "I for one hold you in the highest regard."

Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete says, "Your experience and past accomplishments place you in the highest caste, and deservingly so."

Zyphora lazily draws her wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly.

Letting her fan hang gently before her, Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says, "Ah! Indeed, I should not doubt myself - and yet it is such a vulnerable thing, to unveil one's work, is it not?"

Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter laughingly says, "Alas, I cannot disagree with you there."

Zyphora nods her head in agreement.

Allyrianne smiles with reminiscence. "Yet it is such a relief when the unveiling is over".

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird nods her head in agreement.

Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter smiles and says, "Is there anything we can do to assuage your concerns? Or would you prefer that we depart and allow you to enjoy your recent bout of success?"

Pondering this sincerely, Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird says, "I think, dear ladies, that you are quite right. There is catharsis in this, as much as torment. Indeed, I do not think I should delay preparing for the formal unveiling - it is the anticipation that is the worst part, I think." She nods to herself, clearly decided. "I will begin work on the invitations at once, though that will take several months...do you know that dear Lord Faethun, when he was younger, once submitted invitations that were not illuminated - goodness, he heard of nothing else for years afterwards. I..."

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird trails off, blushing as she realises that her polite prattle has turned into rambling.

Zyphora's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Sylandra gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter says, "It sounds woefully embarrassing to the poor Master."

Gravely, you say, "How very dreadful. I believe we shall leave you to your preparations then? If you need any assistance, or wish anyone to review the invitations to be sure nothing has been neglected, do not hesitate to ask."

Sylandra nods her head at you, showing her acceptance.

"Dear me, you really must not mention that I bought it up. The poor man, it took so long to shake it off." Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird shakes her head, sighing with a mixture of fondness and adoration. "Indeed, I should begin at once. Thank you all so very much for joining me, and for your lovely words."

With a deep, low curtsey, Lady Sylandra Shevat, Auspice of Winter says, "We are honoured to witness your artistry, Lady Windwhisper."

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird dips into a graceful curtsey, swinging her fan in a deep arc before her.

Provost Zyphora Windwhisper, High Scion of the Aesthete smiles and says, "Fair winds, Lady Windwhisper. Thank you for showing this to us."

Zyphora curtseys gracefully.

Curtseying in turn, you say, "I look forward to your sculpture receiving the recognition it deserves."

A sweet-scented wind picks up, swirling about Zyphora with a flurry of white feathers that follow her to the down.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Super excited! A shiny new statue and possible new Windwhisper storyline? Yes please. :D
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."