The Flock of Miracles

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
Not sure if it's been posted before or not, but I just saw this little beauty in action and wanted to share it. It's sort of like the Prism of Jagrerox, except a little shorter and a lot less colourful, but it's still a lovely look at some of the established lore the guilds have (and things I'd love to see expanded on further in mini-events)!

give dove to yadothune
You give a crystal dove to Lord Yadothune Nerale.
Lord Yadothune Nerale exclaims, "Avast, just what we've been lookin' fer! Take this, matey!"
Lord Yadothune Nerale quickly gives a pouch of gold in payment before quietly attempting to fit a crystal dove onto one of the glass coral branches, whispering softly beneath his breath.

The base of a glass sculpture suddenly glows with a gentle pink light, as the last of the doves has been put in place.
Beautiful, hymnic notes whisper across the bow of the boat, rhapsodic song trickling into your ears.

Each of the notes begins to coalesce in the air, composing a beatific melody that dances not only in the heart but in the soul as well.

With each passing note the melody turns sweet, lighthearted and airy, a gentle, feminine voice accompanying the music.

The latent song of the Miracle Flock echoes out of the sculpture and your spirit soars as you fall under the Blessing of the Rhapsody.

Suddenly the statue comes to life, each of the crystal doves pulsing with a gentle pink glow. In a flash of white light, five, living white doves take flight.

A flock of white doves flutter up about the sails before racing along the side of the ship, before darting out across the Inner Sea.

A pristine white dove flutters down from above and lands upon the ship, fluttering along a crystal sculpture, which bursts into motes of pink light, fading back into the Inner Sea.

Lord Yadothune Nerale says, "Ah, Tremula - so beautiful, a melody so sweet. She has returned to the depths for now - perhaps... Perhaps we will hunt for her later."

Lord Yadothune Nerale says, "Here, Tremula, take this - it is what I have treasured for some time now, though you may find some of it interesting. That is, if you can read it."
Lord Yadothune Nerale hands over a wooden stronbox.
You have received a valiant defender ikon as a quest reward!

Lord Yadothune Nerale says, "Perhaps one who wields the melody of the Cantors can play it for the dove, and return it to Rhapsody."

You deftly play a short melody on your instrument, smiling at a pristine white dove as sparkles glint faintly in the air.
A pristine white dove sings a faint, rhapsodic melody as she circles about you before fluttering up into your hands.

====================
~~~~~~MOVEMENT~~~~~~
====================

s
Under the nacreous globe.
This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. A glorious light surrounds the Voice of Rhapsody. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.
You see exits leading north, south, southwest, west, and down (closed door).
A pristine white dove flutters out of your hands, suddenly breaking into a cheerful hymn.

A pristine white dove wings about the room, her voice rising and falling through a series of rhapsodic tunes.

Suddenly and without warning the air is filled with hymnic, rhapsodic music, echoing from wall to wall, beautiful and eloquent, caressing the soul with tender tune.

As the rhapsodic music continues, the effervescent, ethereal form of a flock of doves wing about the room as Rhapsody's voice rings clear, 'Oh so dark were those times, no longer could I refrain... I flocked to mortal kind, a thousand doves I made...'

As the rhapsodic music continues, the effervescent, ethereal form of a flock of doves wing about the room as Rhapsody's voice rings clear, 'For as each mortal loved and died, light and laughter faded from their lives...'

As the rhapsodic music continues, the effervescent, ethereal form of a flock of doves wing about the room as Rhapsody's voice rings clear, 'No more could I surrender, no more could I sustain - the song that rose above them, a tormented refrain!'

As the rhapsodic music continues, the effervescent, ethereal form of a flock of doves wing about the room as Rhapsody's voice rings clear, 'And so my voice, a thousand doves, all of Rhapsody that did remain - to city, to forest, to all of mortal kind...'

As the rhapsodic music continues, the effervescent, ethereal form of a flock of doves wing about the room as Rhapsody's voice rings clear, 'I sang a hundred blessings, a thousand if I could, and every man, woman, child would rise - but only if they would...'

As the rhapsodic music continues, the effervescent, ethereal form of a flock of doves wing about the room as Rhapsody's voice rings clear, 'A tender love, a pure heart, a well-intentioned goal - so many lives I saved, yet so often before the Soulless I was drove...'

As the rhapsodic music continues, the effervescent, ethereal form of a flock of doves wing about the room as Rhapsody's voice rings clear, 'So many cities perished, for I sang their last refrain - I stayed near as each man died, their lives even I could not sustain...'

As the rhapsodic music continues, the effervescent, ethereal form of a flock of doves wing about the room as Rhapsody's voice rings clear, 'And so each child saved, each woman who listen, each man who to me did pray - know I am tormented still, about the darkness of those days...'

The doves begin to flutter skywards, their ephemeral bodies easily passing through the ceiling.

A flock of white doves wing high above the city, singing rhapsodic praise down upon the inhabitants before fading into the clouds.

The Voice of Rhapsody says, "I... I am so sorry... So many lives were lost, all because... Because of me... But so many more were saved! So many people were given hope! Countless times I risked everything for... For hope."
The air grows gentle as a sorrowed, yet cheered sadness settles into the air as the music quiets, the Voice of Rhapsody echoing with sad sniffles.
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."