Afflictions, the Overhaul, and Me

I'm back and working on a new system, because that's one of the things I enjoy about playing MUDs. So, I don't want to use a current system.

I was adapting my last Lusternia system, redoing it and going over the afflictions when I noticed this "the Overhaul," which left me a bit confused. I noticed there are two different help files/command groups when researching afflictions. The ones apparently being covered/have already been redone with the overhaul, and everything else. For example, I apparently can't find any melancholic in the shops, and I'm assuming this is a cure no longer being used.

My question: Is there a place where I can find a definitive "this is a current status of the affliction system" along with the stuff I'd need to be able to make a system, or will I need to take the old system, then go through the overhaul news to figure out what's changed?

I don't mind doing the extra work, but if there's a resource that has what I need I would prefer to use/add to it.

Thank you!

Comments

• AFFS LIST and AFFS INFO <aff> will be invaluable when it comes to all the cures that have been overhauled. You'll have all the related messages in there, so there's no problems with trying to gather messages for the purpose of system-building.

I used to have a list of affs that were overhauled and affs that are yet to be overhauled, as well as affs removed... Let me see if I can find it again.
  • I've been looking at AFFS LIST along with the HELP files. I wasn't sure about the AFFS LIST but I can get started on those.

I would appreciate the list if you can find it. If you can't find it I can also make one and put it somewhere accessible.
  • Okay, I THINK this list is (mostly) current. Bright green are affs that are already completely overhauled, bright red are affs that are already removed, dark green are affs that are kinda overhauled, but not actually in right now, and dark red are affs that are (AFAIK) slated to be removed. White ones are affs that remain to be overhauled.

One note, however, is that Knighthood (and physical afflictions) is currently in the process of overhauling. The overhaul afflictions are already active in the arena, but not out of it (and you have to enter the arena in a special way; can't quite remember how right now). Because of that, AFFS LIST will list a lot more than the list below will (I haven't quite gotten to updating it since they added it, since it's not live and in their final state right now).

addictionconfusionhallucinationsrecklessnessstupidity
    clumsinessepilepsyparanoiasensitivity 
    achromaticauradisloyaltyhealthleechmanabarbspowerspikes
    aeonegoviceluminositypacifism 
    poxparalysispoxscabiesvomiting
    haemophiliapowersaprigormortissickening 

AgoraphobiaDementiaLonelinessShynessVertigo
    AmplifyphobiaDizzinessMasochismVaporsVestiphobia
    ClaustrophobiaHypochondriaNarcolepsyPeacedGluttony
    DaydreamingHypersomniaPacifiedLoversPeaced
    WeaknessVomitingbloodSunallergyCrotamineLovers

AsthmaAnorexiaSlickness  

BlacklungEctoplasmVoidOmen 

AblazeClotrightarmEyepeckrightMissingrightearShivering
    AmputatedleftarmClotrightlegFearMudShortbreath
    AmputatedleftlegCloudcoilsFracturedleftarmOpenchestSlicedleftbicep
    AmputatedrightarmCollapsedleftnerveFracturedrightarmParalysislowerSlicedleftthigh
    AmputatedrightlegCollapsedlungFrozenPiercedleftarmSlicedopenforehead
    ArteryleftarmCollapsedrightnerveFurrowedbrowPiercedleftlegSlicedopengut
    ArteryleftlegConcussionGashedcheekPiercedrightarmSlicedrightbicep
    ArteryrightarmCrackedleftelbowGrapplePiercedrightlegSlicedrightthigh
    ArteryrightlegCrackedleftkneecapGunkPinchednervechestSlicedtongue
    AurawarpCrackedrightelbowHemiplegyleftPinchednervegutSlickness
    BedevilCrackedrightkneecapHemiplegyrightPinchednerveheadSlitthroat
    BlackedoutCrucifiedHoistPinchednerveleftarmSludge
    BleedingCrushedchestHypersomniaPinchednerverightarmSnappedrib
    BlindnessCrushedleftfootImpaledgutPinnedleftlegSprawled
    BrokenchestCrushedrightfootImpatiencePinnedrightlegStagimpale
    BrokenjawCrushedwindpipeInsomniaPuncturedauraStink
    BrokenleftarmDamagedheadJinxPuncturedchestSuccumb
    BrokenleftlegDeadenedJusticePuncturedlungTemporaryinsanity
    BrokenleftwristDeafnessKneelingRelapsingThornlashedhead
    BrokennoseDeathmarkLaceratedleftarmRighttendonThornlashedleftarm
    BrokenrightarmDebateanxiousLaceratedleftlegRopedThornlashedleftleg
    BrokenrightlegDebatecircuitousLaceratedrightarmRupturedstomachThornlashedrightarm
    BrokenrightwristDebateloopholeLaceratedrightlegSapThornlashedrightleg
    BrokenskullDisemboweledLefttendonScalpedThroatlock
    BurnlevelDislocatedleftarmLeglockScrambledbrainTimewarp
    BurstorgansDislocatedleftlegLovepotionSeveredphrenicTransfix
    BurstvesselsDislocatedrightarmMangledleftarmSeveredspineTrussed
    ChestpainDislocatedrightlegMangledleftlegShacklesTwistedleftarm
    ClampedleftarmDisruptedMangledrightarmShatteredjawTwistedleftleg
    ClampedrightarmEnfeebleMangledrightlegShatteredleftankleTwistedrightarm
    ClotleftarmEntangledMissingleftearShatteredrightankleTwistedrightleg
    ClotleftlegEyepeckleft
  • Thanks for the lead, I really appreciate it! Is it fine with you if I place it somewhere that's linkable and can be updated a bit more easily as time progresses?
  • Eh, have fun with it.