In which Bandeon and Darvellan disagree

Darvellan shimmers into view amidst a mist of twinkling stars.
You say, "Suddenly yer usin' weapons on nae aggressive cities."
At the centre of the water gardens.
This location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. Resting on a crystalline stand of frozen water is the Pearl 
Staff of Rushing Water. Standing as if something were missing before him, Blorale Shervalian stands here, forever frozen 
in marble. Only barely noticeable, silver constellations float about a star-struck explorer, basking them in a faint 
glow. Darvellan, the Navigator stands here, surrounded by a mist of twinkling starlight. Resplendent in cerulean and 
angel blue plumage, an aquatic Angel of Hallowed Waters drifts here amidst an aura of amber-tinged, azure light.
You see exits leading north, northeast, east, and west.
You glare angrily at Darvellan.
Aeldra blinks.
Magister Lorina, of Hallowed Waters says to Darvellan, "Pardon, Navigator."
Darvellan, the Navigator says to you, "What harm came to the shard, that you accuse Me so?"
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Do you think I was not out of sight, observing as I could to see if anything was amiss?"
You say to Darvellan, "She feels violated, an' she was. If ye were able ta protect 'er, ye should've been able ta enact 
yer plan on yer own."
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Do you think the Enchantress' guard would have been down in My presence?"
Aeldra creases her brow in a frown.
You say to Darvellan, "Ye think ye would've been fast enough ta stop 'er if Tremula were in danger?"
Magister Lorina, of Hallowed Waters says to you, "I highly doubt the Enchantress would wear anything another Divine gave 
Her after Her trial by the Triumvirate."
Rubbing His stubble, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I cannot truthfully answer that, Bandeon, for the future is not 
known to Us. It is true that I may not have been able to stop any harm."
You say to Darvellan, "Ye took a risk. Congratulations, it paid off. I nae fault yer intent ta protect Celest. But ye 
sent someone unable ta defend temselves inta a situation tha' could 'ave ended verra verra badly, an' ye did it when 
they were unable ta refuse their peril."
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Did I send the shard?"
You say to Darvellan, "Telperion sent the shard, at Yer orders."
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Would the shard have gone to Drocilla on her own?"
You say to Darvellan, "Nae."
You say to Darvellan, "Nae she wouldna 'ave, an' Telperion knew tha'"
You say to Darvellan, "I suspect ye know it too."
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "In my absence, the shard has not once been to see the Enchantress of her own accord, 
with or without her Voice?"
You say to Darvellan, "Cannae say. Nae watched 'er."
Furrowing her brows slightly, Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility says, "Not to my knowledge."
You say to Darvellan, "I'll ask ye wha' I asked yer follower 'ere. If a man forces a woman ta do somethin' she wouldna 
willingly do, an' she cannae give consent or refuse, wha' would ye call tha'? Because we mortals 'ave a word fer it."
Darvellan, the Navigator says to you, "Why does it matter so the gender of the shard?"
You give a pained sigh.
You say, "Or a woman ta a man, whate'er!"
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "That aside, the shard would have gone to see Drocilla regardless."
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "To find her Voice, or because the touch of Her is still about the shard."
You say, "Ta get 'er voice back, nae ta be yer weapon."
You say to Darvellan, "Do ye honestly nae see wha' ye did lacked all honor? Ye might as well 'ave sent a child there."
Her wings stirring suddenly Aeldra frowns as she listens to the conversation.
Furrowing His brow deeper still, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "If the child were to see Drocilla anyway, it is a moot 
point. I am concerned, however, by the arguments put forth by you and the shard, even after having observed what the 
Enchantress did to Celest's gardens, did to the shard, and did to My Penderglass, let alone the threat Her...changed...
presence presented."
Aeldra tells you, "Please,... I know you are angry and we have spoken about this, but... remember he is still an elder 
god. I don't... don't want harm to come to you."
You say, "An' if the child died?"
You say, "If Tremula had been killed?"
You say, "Because o' wha' ye did, when she 'ad nae choice ta defend 'erself?"
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Then there would be consequences, both for Her and Myself."
You give a pained sigh.
You say, "Mebbe ye cannae understand this. Mebbe it's hard fer a being such as yerself ta understand it."
Aeldra coughs softly.
Magister Lorina, of Hallowed Waters says, "The Enchantress had already done far worse to Tremula. I doubt even killing 
Tremula crossed Her mind."
Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility asks, "If I may add something to this conversation?"
Lorina nods her head at Aeldra, showing her acceptance.
Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility says, "I will only reflect what I've heard, I do not voice my own opinion in 
saying this."
Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility says, "What I heard from Quartermaster Bandeon is concern that, in essence, 
Tremula was forced into a state that could have caused her possibly remaining physical and mental damage, without her 
being able to agree or reject the danger she was put in."
You say, "True."
Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility says, "What I have heard from Lord Darvellan and Magister Lorina is that the 
deed itself was essential for the protection of our city and Tremula did thankfully not come to harm in this, although 
it was a risk that was taken without her consent, the means did justify the end in this case."
Looking up with a hint of uncertainty around her, Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility asks, "Is my understanding of 
both sides correct so far?"
Magister Lorina, of Hallowed Waters says, "I can see both arguments truths, yes."
Havastus arrives from the west.
Havastus presses his palms together over his heart and bows humbly, chanting a harmonic mantra that fills the air with a 
sense of peace.
Lorina inclines her head politely to Havastus.
Grandmaster Havastus, Captain of the Dreadnought asks, "I'm not interupting anything, am I?"
Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility asks Darvellan, "Lord, did I capture your statements with my summary as well?"
Magister Lorina, of Hallowed Waters says to Havastus, "Nothing that isn't already made public by the city."
Havastus nods his head at Lorina.
Darvellan ponders thoughtfully.
Aeldra tilts her head slightly, listening.
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Tell me, you shards, which is considered to be the essence of who the shard is, the body 
or the Voice?"
You say, "I've nae studied tha'. I cannae offer an opinion."
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "I have Cousins who are nothing but Their Voice now, do I not?"
Magister Lorina, of Hallowed Waters says, "It has been shown that both forms can exist without the other, but not have a 
positive quality of life. The union between the two that proves to be the most fruitful."
Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility says to Darvellan, "I believe you would be refering to the fact that Tremula has 
lost her voice, but... we have seen her when this happened. She lost more then her voice when it was taken..."
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Not her voice, her Voice, Aeldra."
Magister Lorina, of Hallowed Waters says, "A person's Voice is a powerful thing."
Magister Lorina, of Hallowed Waters says, "Holds such sway over the mind, body and soul."
Darvellan, the Navigator says to you, "If the essential essence of a shard is the Voice, is the body still the shard 
without it?"
You say to Darvellan, "Under tha' theory, nae. But conversely without a body, the Voice couldna be called the shard 
either."
Grandmaster Havastus, Captain of the Dreadnought looks thoughtful and says, "Tis but the vessel which the Voice resides 
in, methinks."
Aeldra Ladyn eyes flicker briefly as she looks at Lorina, before nodding slowly.
Darvellan, the Navigator says to you, "So if the body, or neither, are the shard, from whom would you have Me seek 
consent?"
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "And who is at danger, if the shard is not there?"
You say to Darvellan, "Ye couldna ask consent, but Tremula was in danger, because harm ta either o' her parts would 'ave 
caused 'er ta cease ta exist."
Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility asks, "Would the danger not be the inability to bring the shard back into one 
without the body?"
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Need it be the same body, for shards?"
You say to Darvellan, "Do ye 'ave the right ta make a decision like tha', fer anyone?"
Aeldra Ladyn taps your arm lightly
Frowning, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "Right?"
Aeldra tells you, "That... is slippery territory my friend."
Aeldra shimmers into existence before you.
Aeldra mutters and traces a glowing circle before her. She steps through the circle and suddenly vanishes from sight.
You say to Darvellan, "Aye. Yer slippin' around the point, Navigator. Ye are tryin' ta use e'ery logical tool in yer 
toolbox ta get around the basic fact. Ye sent someone who ye possibly couldna protect inta a situation where she could 
be destroyed, an' ye forced 'er inta it. There is nae arguement tha' changes tha' basic fact. Wha' gave ye, or Telperion,
 the righ' ta use 'er like... a tool? Nae a person, but a tool?"
Shaking His head, Darvellan, the Navigator says, "No, I will not continue this discussion. The Enchantress' twisted 
tongue invades this city, whether through the shard's Voice alone or not remains to be seen."
You say, "I wonder wha' Meridian would think o' ye if 'e saw ye now."
Magister Lorina, of Hallowed Waters says, "Her lies and schemes are reaching deep, and few can see it."
Aeldra blinks
Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility asks, "Forgive me, but what has this to do with the Enchantress and her ways?"
It is now the 22nd of Dvarsh, 429 years after the Coming of Estarra.
Aural Tildarmin yells, "Ever dream of being a pilot? The realm of aetherspace has much to offer! Contact Saoirse today!"
Magister Lorina, of Hallowed Waters says to Aeldra, "She is dividing us from each other with this discussion."
Darvellan, the Navigator says, "You have spoken against Me, so you shall wear My disfavour. Until you see a changed 
perspective or find sufficient evidence that threat to the Voiceless body of a shard alone is dangerous to the shard, 
you shall wear it for some time."
Darvellan, the Navigator bestows His divine disfavour upon you. It will last for 30 months.
With barely a twinkle, a mist of stars implodes around Darvellan, removing Him from sight.
Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility says, "I..."
You shout, "Meridian would be ashamed o' ye, Darvellan. I certainly am."
Aeldra eyes widen and she stares.
Aeldra Ladyn, Grandmistress of Humility says, "I..."

Comments

• i encourage the further questioning of gods by mortals

let the revolution begin
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I think I like @Bandeon now.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    I think I like @Bandeon now.
    You didn't like me before? :(
  • edited December 2015

Darvellan, the Navigator bestows His divine disfavour upon you. It will last for 30 months.
    Holy shit, someone's salty!

In any case, I love this point of contention. Darvellan being so abstracted away from what mortals are, only seeing them as Shards and not necessarily as Individuals. Bandeon and others raising concerns. The Navigator's order being caught in the middle...

Just awesome!

• edited December 2015
    Havastus said:

In any case, I love this point of contention. Darvellan being so abstracted away from what mortals are, only seeing them as Shards and not necessarily as Individuals. Bandeon and others raising concerns. The Navigator's order being caught in the middle...

Just awesome!
    It actually reminds me of when @Drocilla was wearing Her mask - during that timeframe, She referred to members of the order as 'shards' as well.

That being said, I'd actually like personally to see more of this kind of interaction between Divine and players, divine/player conflict can make for interesting RP if handled right, but on the flip side, the possibility/likeliness of bearing a strong/truedisfavour and/or being maggotted for an extended RL time, thus pretty much restricting what you can do exclusively to RPing, can at times put people off even attempting such RP.  I think the last 'conflict' RP I did with a divine was on an alt back when @Eventru was still around, during the whole Zenos/Frost Trill/Ice Angel incident, during which time I had him leave the order and join Lyreth's instead.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Sakaki said:
    Havastus said:

Just awesome!
    It actually reminds me of when @Drocilla was wearing Her mask - during that timeframe, She referred to members of the order as 'shards' as well.

That being said, I'd actually like personally to see more of this kind of interaction between Divine and players, divine/player conflict can make for interesting RP if handled right, but on the flip side, the possibility/likeliness of bearing a strong/truedisfavour and/or being maggotted for an extended RL time, thus pretty much restricting what you can do exclusively to RPing, can at times put people off even attempting such RP.  I think the last 'conflict' RP I did with a divine was on an alt back when @Eventru was still around, during the whole Zenos/Frost Trill/Ice Angel incident, during which time I had him leave the order and join Lyreth's instead.
    I actually love how @Darvellan handled this, even if Bandy is a little miffed. I really expected to get zapped or magotted and I didn't. Yay!
  • edited December 2015
    Bandeon said:
    Sakaki said:
    Havastus said:

Just awesome!

I actually love how @Darvellan handled this, even if Bandy is a little miffed. I really expected to get zapped or magotted and I didn't. Yay!
    Really, though, as far as punishments go, a disfavour isn't all that harsh. Mechanically, I don't think it actually does anything aside from add "He bears the disfavour of Darvellan" to Bandeon's description.

As for the fear of being maggotted or worse, however, its part and parcel of having this kind of conversation with an Elder. Regardless of whether or not They're ACTUALLY in the right in a given situation, arguing with One openly is, and should be, like playing with fire. There needs to be a risk involved, because you're literally getting into an argument with a Being that can snap Its fingers and destroy you. Getting stroppy with a God needs to carry an appropriate danger.

Also, woo for @Darvellan and @Bandeon! An interesting read, and I sincerely hope that any resultant interactions will be placed up for viewing pleasure!

-Edit: Pesky capitals
    With an exasperated sigh, you say, "One moment please, I'm threatening a muffin in a box!"