Sea Quest Parity

2»

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'll disagree to that, there was a stretch a couple of months back where Mag was winning Sea Battle and Ladantine had to be protected while the fish were farmed because people would otherwise jump at the opportunity to grief.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2013
    That would be blocking Magnagora winning the Sea Battle, not specifically blocking the Ship of the Dead. Yes, we actively try to do that. On a daily basis.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Morkarion said:
    I'll disagree to that, there was a stretch a couple of months back where Mag was winning Sea Battle and Ladantine had to be protected while the fish were farmed because people would otherwise jump at the opportunity to grief.
    Eritheyl said:
    That would be blocking Magnagora winning the Sea Battle, not specifically blocking the Ship of the Dead. Yes, we actively try to do that. On a daily basis.
    Considering he said "fish were farmed", he presumably meant medusae, used for raising the Ship of the Dead (as he specified Magnagora winning), or devil fish, used for dropping Marilynth. In either case, the Sea Battle is over. I can't think of any part of the Sea Battle contest where "fish" are involved.

I do know that there have been a few circumstances where we've been fighting on the Ship of the Dead before it's been raised, and defending Ladantine at the same time.

And I admit, I've done it a few times, although not for very long in either case. Most common circumstance: someone goes to kill Ladantine on the Ship, I go to defend him. I even remember dropping some tainted squid in the Spire to restore his protection (I think that works, although I'm not sure it was every conclusively tested).  But hey, who can resist a giant "I'm in enemy territory!" shout?
  • edited January 2013
    I've not had time to read through the rest of this thread yet nor look up various points I'm somewhat skeptical regarding, but I did want to clear up one misconception. Killing Ladantine does not clear how many fish he's received, it only removes a random number (which has a ceiling below a full round of devilfish). I think some of the arguments being made are flawed, in that at two points the quest was changed (made easier, Ladantine's health and damage were also buffed), and said arguments use points that were addressed in one of those changes.

I also note there is a quest in the Sea of Despair to buff Ladantine even further.
  • MoiMoi
    edited January 2013
    So it's more like loosing 1d30% progress instead of loosing all progress. That's much more on par with the tainted squid in spire option that Mag gets. No longer seeing any problem with how the devil fish part of the quest works.
    Eritheyl said:
    As Aky said, this was regards to the Medusae post Sea Battle victory. It happens.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I misunderstood your post. By 'winning the Sea Battle', I thought you meant 'acquiring more seawolves before the Battle itself took place'. Now it makes sense :P

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Eritheyl said:
    I misunderstood your post. By 'winning the Sea Battle', I thought you meant 'acquiring more seawolves before the Battle itself took place'. Now it makes sense :P
    Yeah, my bad. I was referring to the time stretch where Mag was winning it constantly. I should have put Sea Battle in plural.

• Eventru said:
     Killing Ladantine does not clear how many fish he's received, it only removes a random number (which has a ceiling below a full round of devilfish).
    It's pretty hard to tell given the thresholds that Ladantine changes his messages at, but if it is plainly clear that they are getting cleared completely, then I will bug it.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Akyaevin said:
    If I'm killing Lanikai every time she repops, all you need to do is count from when I last killed here, then take a few people there to gank me when I show up. If you want to flag the fortress room indoors to make it a little harder to escape, go ahead, but the point stands. 
    Indoors and single exit room! [-O<
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ladantine died in one hit again. Woo. (ps nerf Kelly)

Really, Kelly isn't who I had in mind when I referred to Joe Schmoe. Will offer her for nerfing if absolutely necessary.

:P

-

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Whose side are you on anyway?