Custom Zaps

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
I've had the power for quite some time, but the piece of spit that I threw together is honestly so bad that I put it supernumerary and haven't tried again. I'd like to, though, and am wondering if anyone has some of the older ones or more recent ones saved that are good examples of them that I can draw on for inspiration. 

Please and thank you.
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    I still really enjoy mine, though I'm not sure you'll be able to draw much in the way of inspiration from it. When the topic was last discussed, I said that my suggestion for zap creation was to start by writing free-form exactly what you want your zap to convey. From there, begin paring it down by words and phrases until it's a reasonable length and can still communicate the flavor you're striving for. It's easier to approach it this way, for me, because you're able to fully express your idea initially rather than try to craft something fresh that immediately fits within the fairly small size guidelines.

1 - "You touch two fingers to your lips, drawing them away as you feel a figment of your being manifest itself from within. You mouth the name @Kregarn and watch with satisfaction as your Other smiles coyly before streaking off."

3 -  "Narynth raises two fingers to her lips, drawing them away as a figment emerges in her exact likeness. She mouths a single name, and the spirit smiles coyly before streaking off."

1t -: "Streaking in, a figment of Narynth embraces you, her lips finding your ear and whispering, "Submit" as she dissolves into agonizing pulses of electricity that cause you to scream in pain."

3t - "Streaking in, a figment of Narynth embraces @Xenthos, her lips finding his ear and whispering softly before she dissolves into blinding pulses of electricity that cause him to scream in pain."

Area -  "A peal of feminine laughter precedes a sudden, tormented scream from somewhere nearby."

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Accepted Answer
    Subotai's Custom Zap (Approved):
      1 = What you see: "Swirling your hands in circles as if mixing the aethers around you, your hunger
    builds until it manifests as lightning. Envisioning $=(target$), you flick your fingers imperiously
    at $=(lhim$)."
      3 = What people in your room see: "$+(caster$) swirls $=(his$) hands together as if mixing
    something invisible before pulling them apart, flicking his fingers dismissively at someone in the
    distance."
      1t = What your target sees: "The smell of freshly baked bread is the only warning you receive
    before lightning strikes your gut, leaving you both confused and a bit hungry."
      3t = What people in your target's room see: "$+(target) sniffs hungrily at the air before a bolt
    of lightning courses down, striking $=(lhim) in the gut."
      Area = What everyone in the same area sees: "The scent of freshly baked bread fills the area,
    followed by the oddly disconcerting smell of roasted meat."
    -------------
    Shaddus' Custom Zap (Approved):
      1 = What you see: "Focusing your hatred and rage towards $=(target$), you thrust your balled fist
    towards the heavens and release, sending a flow of sanguine lightning into the distance."
      3 = What people in your room see: "Shaddus roars in a vicious rage, thrusting a fist towards the
    heavens in defiance. A flow of sanguine lightning shoots off into the distance, converging on
    $=(target$)."
      1t = What your target sees: "A roar of rage is the only warning you receive before a bolt of
    sanguine lightning falls from the heavens and strikes your chest, making your mind and body reel
    before the vicious onslaught."
      3t = What people in your target's room see: "A bellow of rage fills the area as $=(target$) is
    struck in the chest with a surge of sanguine lightning, sending $=(lhim$) reeling slightly before
    catching $=(lhis$) balance."
      Area = What everyone in the same area sees: "A flash of crimson lightning and a bellow of rage
    flash across the area before converging on a distance point."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Answers

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What, why are you tagging me with a whisper in my ear?
  •  And why did whispering Kregarn cause it to attack Xenthos?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's forked lightning.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Your Custom Zap (Approved):
      1 = What you see: "You let out a triumphant cry as a rope of pure energy circles around your body before shooting out from your outstretched hand, heading towards $=(target$)."

You let out a triumphant cry as a rope of pure energy circles around your body before shooting out from your outstretched hand, heading towards Bob.

3 = What people in your room see: "$=(caster$) lets out a triumphant cry as a rope of pure energy circles around $=(his$) body and shoots out from $=(his$) outstretched hand."

Eodh lets out a triumphant cry as a rope of pure energy circles around his body and shoots out from his outstretched hand.

1t = What your target sees: "You hear a cry of triumph and look up as a brilliant rope of energy heads toward you. An image of a laughing $=(caster$) fills your mind as the rope hits your chest, bringing with it a numbing pain."

You hear a cry of triumph and look up as a brilliant rope of energy heads toward you. An image of a laughing Eodh fills your mind as the rope hits your chest, bringing with it a numbing pain.

3t = What people in your target's room see: "You hear a cry of triumph and look up as a brilliant rope of energy heads toward your location. With a resounding snap and a colourful explosion, it hits $=(target$) squarely on $=(his$) chest."

You hear a cry of triumph and look up as a brilliant rope of energy heads toward your location. With a resounding snap and a colourful explosion, it hits Bob squarely on his chest.

Area = What everyone in the same area sees: "A tingling sensation permeates the air as a resounding snap echoes around the area."

• Mine's somewhat infamous, apparently.

Your Custom Zap (Approved):
      1 = What you see: "Summoning malice foremost in your mind, you breathe out a thin ribbon of fog 
    and imbue it with your ire. Lazily, it slips off to summon $=(target$) to the realm of your 
    displeasure."
      3 = What people in your room see: "Looking briefly furious, $=(caster$) breathes forth a thin 
    cloud of grey fog before relaxing. Seemingly alive, the fog coils about in the air before vanishing 
    into the ground."
      1t = What your target sees: "Grey mist passes over your eyes, and you suddenly find yourself on a 
    vast fog-shrouded plain, surrounded by four figures made entirely of lightning. You bounce 
    helplessly from one to the other as they take turns delivering roundhouse kicks to your jaw, until 
    you find yourself where you stood, with only the pain and the electricity crackling off your body to 
    assure you that the moment was real."
      3t = What people in your target's room see: "3t: A thin wisp of fog drifts out of the ground, 
    coiling briefly around $=(target$) before disappearing into $=(lhis$) forehead. $+(lhis$) body 
    starts to thrash about, as though $=(lhe$) is being repeatedly struck, and $=(lhis$) body sparks 
    with electricity."
      Area = What everyone in the same area sees: "Chill dampness passes briefly through the atmosphere."
  • edited January 2016
    Can you do one that doesn't necessarily look like it's doing Lightning damage? Like could I make it look like a summons a Crow spirit to swoop up their soul? Not Thee Crow of course, something like the Totem pet spirit. 
    1=You see: With a cry of 'Fai'Glomdoing!' you pluck out your own eye and cast it into the air. It turns into a large black crow and flies off to to swoop $=(target$) from the realms of life. 
    1t = What your target sees: A large shadow passes overhead and you can just make of that it's a Shadow of Crow before you are swooped up(or whatever you see when you get Swooped by a BT).
    Not trying to change the type of damage, just curious about how creative you can get....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• @Tylwyth I think they became stricter a while back regarding zaps having to look like it's doing electric damage, since it is electric damage. There was a period wherein they were really loose on that rule, though (back when I played before).
    See you in Sapience.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    It should just be magical damage, electric is dumb. Better yet, new demipower that allows us to change zap damage type, pls.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."