Why does shattered ego not clear after Arena debates?

So when you have a practice debate in an Arena you still have a shattered ego after you leave.  Can this be changed so that we can practice for Justice in the Arena?

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    It's so you can't jump into the arena after being shattered, heartstop and be ready to go again.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • What would solve this (and many other things) would be for the arena to save a state of your character before you enter. When you return, that state is then restored. No defs or affs that you gain in the arena will remain outside, and likewise, any defs or affs you lose after going into the arena will be removed when you return.
  • Synkarin said:
    It's so you can't jump into the arena after being shattered, heartstop and be ready to go again.
    So let me rephrase the question because the intention of me raising this discussion was not to find a loophole in the Arena mechanism.

"Can we have someway to practice debates without the 10min delay for shattered ego to return?"

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Leolamins said:
    Synkarin said:
    So let me rephrase the question because the intention of me raising this discussion was not to find a loophole in the Arena mechanism.

"Can we have someway to practice debates without the 10min delay for shattered ego to return?"
    This has been requested a billion times before, and it's something that we would really benefit from. It's hard to teach someone the ins and outs of debating when you have to wait ten minutes inbetween bouts with them. The best idea I heard (which was probably from @Enyalida as I think back to it) was a room in the Halls of Justice where you could engage in debates with a shortened/no cooldown on shattered ego. Give it an initiation syntax like spars, and keep participants from just running away (or don't, considering that's a big factual part of debating that will apparently never be addressed) and you're good to go.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Leolamins said:
    Synkarin said:

This has been requested a billion times before, and it's something that we would really benefit from. It's hard to teach someone the ins and outs of debating when you have to wait ten minutes inbetween bouts with them. The best idea I heard (which was probably from @Enyalida as I think back to it) was a room in the Halls of Justice where you could engage in debates with a shortened/no cooldown on shattered ego. Give it an initiation syntax like spars, and keep participants from just running away (or don't, considering that's a big factual part of debating that will apparently never be addressed) and you're good to go.

Be pretty easy to attach the mechanism of the goblet to something in that room. Or just make it a 1 min CD.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."