A Weak Foundation

edited February 2016 in Event Scrolls
This discussion with Lord Zvoltz has been a long time coming, and now it plays out in a strange manner where some storm shade is thrown against @Pejat and @Portius is once more thrown some shade which he obviously adores. @Falmiis is also a mention, for his passionate and most recent attempt at charging Portius with treason. Please enjoy!

-

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Greetings, My child."

Her voice retaining the semblance of a harmonious resonance, you say, "My Lord, an honour once again.

Ilian rests a hand at her chest across the phylactery, its crackling energy twining over her slender fingers.

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "What brings you all the way up
the Peak?"

You say, "I was hoping to inquire whether or not my prayers were received concerning the conclusion
of the Exhibition. It is with a modest pleasure that it was one of my paintings that succeeded in
yielding the most profit."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Indeed. Your work has been on My
mind, but My attention has been elsewhere. I am pleased your painting was a success, however."

Zvoltz, the Shrouded Guide has bestowed His divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 7 months.

You say, "Your attention is needed for the Design, I am a small thread, Lord. I trust it not to be
pretentious to also note that You had mentioned bestowing Your favour upon that who brought the most
profit for their art. I wished to decline this favour, and place it upon...Someone..." She trails
off, and dips her head. "I see."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Who did you wish to receive My
favour instead??"

You say, "Whoever You pleased, certainly. I do not alone wish to be the benefits of Your attentions.
"

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Who's painting do you feel best
captured My teachings, aside from your own?"

Her wings shifting at her spine, you say, "Builder Shonjir, my Lord. Though the privilege of
decision was not entirely my wish to have."

Soft, booming laughter, like far off thunder, rolls over you.

[ENTER @Marcella - She likes tendrils!]

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "If you wished to speak with Me,
I have some business to attend to with My Ilian, but I would be pleased to speak with you directly
after."

[Marcella leaves and she waits outside! Thank you for waiting <3]

Her voice a trickling sound of suspended chords, you remark, "How fascinating. Does she still wish
resolution with the Collective, and comes to You?"

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "I have bestowed My favour upon
Shonjir as well. You also mentioned that you had other issues that you wished to discuss?"

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.

You say, "The charges that Archmage Falmiis presents against Lord Portius, I have dreamed and
pondered them for a time. What is my Lord's view on the act of treason and its mortal
interpretation?"

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "I have very little interest in
the mortal affairs of Hallifax. After the Chairmain's public shaming of Me, I have to desire to
engage in the activities of Hallifax."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "What are your thoughts on the
matter?"

With a stubborn undercurrent in her voice, you say, "But surely Lord, even if mortal law cannot
touch You, then why can shame itself?" She wavers for a moment, staring up into the dome with ice-
blue eyes gleaming. "The Collective is suffering, in my opinion, these trials after those that I
have seen as a child - the foundation is failing."

You say, "I have never seen more dismay, nor a lack of faith in the bedrock of ideals as I have now.
The Lord Portius has committed an unsavory act, just as unsavory as declaring assault upon his
personage in his deserving manner to see You be disconnected from the Chairman. It is another test
of a foundation that does not float on clouds, but sinks in sand."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "What solution do you see, My
Ilian?"

You say, "It is my belief that the Lord Portius be stripped of his peerage for intentionally causing
disharmonic relations. For many reasons. But my reason, is the determined action of creating secular
disharmony."

You say, "If he wishes to press the lines of the law, he will do so at a level he seems so apt to
reflect."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "It seems that the Assembly
already seeks such an action."

You say, "Archmage Falmiis does not approach this with wisdom, but the passion of an uncontrolled
storm."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Have you reached out to him?"

You say, "I have made my attempts. Whispers of my servants in the Wards tell me there was quite an
unfortunate discussion upon the Board."

You say, "But, Lord, it is my belief that You should not allow a lower emotion of shame to dissuade
You from building the foundation and enforcing it in the Collective as needed. Manipulations are
beyond law, but are they part of the Design?"

Ilian goes silent for a moment, her face contorting into a brief shock of the statement and the volume of her voice.
Her shoulders lift and straighten, wings held low.

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "My Design is a gift which I
bestow upon Hallifax. They have shown of late that they are unworthy of it. The citizens are not a
necessity to My Design and I will not waste even a meager effort in attempting to manipulate them
into some semblance of sanity."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Hallifax must make some effort
to care for itself."

Her gaze lowering, you say, "I understand, my Lord. Even if they do not."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Perhaps this time is ripe for
you to touch your hand upon the lines of the Design, to curve it in your, and My, favour."

You say, "I am in little place to execute and uphold the Law, other than through the execution and
opposition of those who cannot comprehend the Collective at this time."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "You are smart and capable, My
Ilian. I do not doubt that you can guide others to better decisions."

You say, "And what of Your Shaper, he cannot be beyond the guidance of Yourself, Lord."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "My Shaper must learn on his own.
He cannot shape anything of worth if I am continuously holding his hand and dragging him through the
motions. He is too dependant and too neutral. He must learn to take action or perish in the swamps
of his own making."

You nod solemnly.

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Is there anything else you
wished to discuss? Marcella has been waiting at least a decade to finally gain audience with Me."

Her eyes drifting waywardly, sparkling with silent laughter, you say, "There will be other times,
Lord. And other storms."

You kneel before the master shrine of Zvoltz, swearing your allegiance to it.

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "There always are. Be well, My
Ilian."

You say, "Farewell, my Lord."

Comments

• Sylandra said:
    Dang, Stormdaddy don't play.
    He don't, for real.
  • Literally an IC decade. I'd post logs, but they're full of such classified information.

• Liked for zvootzy tag.