Design Catalogues

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016
    why not have trademasters of a cartel pay an -affordable- and nominal fee to have their entire cartel designs made public by buying a license from the hall of cartels and clans or they can pay a one time fee to their city/commune chancellor/steward to have a few designs listed permanently with the city's public catalog.

it would work well wtih all the other ideas  already listed here.
    is dead like the dodo
  • @Ieptix there is also the Hall of Clans and Cartels which could serve as some central repository. The current suggestions seem to see the problem from a single viewpoint, that of the craftsperson. There's a similar but different problem for buyers where they may want to see all designs possible no matter the crafter and then after seeing what is possible work towards finding someone who can craft the item.
  • i have a better idea. why not have two types of license on offer.

when a person upgrades their clan to a cartel, they have the option of setting their cartels to public or private

a public license that allows everyone in the basin to view it through the use of syntax or relevant artifact

a private license allows you to exert more control over who is allowed to view your designs. you can set it to none - absolutely private and can only be accessed by a physical object. e.g. a book binders tome; or an organization of your choice. city, guild or house. 

a limited license - for a set number of lusternian years, one out of every three designs of your choice, submitted every year for your private cartel will listed on the for public viewing within your organization's publc design  catalog.  - can be purchased from the hall of cartels.
    is dead like the dodo
  • I know this thread is a bit old, but having just found it I wanted to say it is full of great ideas!

I'd love something along the lines of Option 3 (I think I was intending to suggest something similar), but the important thing to me is being able to see what cartel designs exist, even if the details are hidden by the relevant trademaster. Finding which cartel produces a particular item you liked is pretty difficult otherwise!
  • Elryn said:
    I know this thread is a bit old, but having just found it I wanted to say it is full of great ideas!

I'd love something along the lines of Option 3 (I think I was intending to suggest something similar), but the important thing to me is being able to see what cartel designs exist, even if the details are hidden by the relevant trademaster. Finding which cartel produces a particular item you liked is pretty difficult otherwise!
    If you still have the item, it should have a cartel name on the PROBE description. If it's gone though, then yeah.