Iron Coin Spins

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    HELP CERULEAN shows the race hats, which give an illusion of being of one race. The pin descriptions are only available in AETHERGOOP LIST. They allow the use race emotes, which is slightly different.

But yes, HELP file searches will do an excellent job for anything else that is not formed of goop.
    Yeah, good point.  Darn that goop!
  • Vivet said:
    I did a bunch, for science. Here are the results.

- package of 5 posh hair curios

It is ridiculous you can get junk like that. It appears that in Achaea they get credits with their talismans (curio equivalent) though I might be mistaken. They also seem to be getting a lot of 500cr range artifacts.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    In Imperian, you can pay 35 bound credits to buy what apparently amounts to an iron coin.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Steingrim said:
    Vivet said:

It is ridiculous you can get junk like that. It appears that in Achaea they get credits with their talismans (curio equivalent) though I might be mistaken. They also seem to be getting a lot of 500cr range artifacts.
    I saw Lavinya get the beastmaster's whistle on one of her spins and that made me a bit jealous! But yeah, doesn't seem to be quite as good as elsewhere from the sound of it. It's something to try if you really want goop at least.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I spun 10 coins in hopes of getting goop and solstice stuff

I ended up getting dingbats and credits - in the tune of 180 dingbats and 300+ credits (I did get 25 goop)

Pretty disappointed about it overall, but that's how it rolls

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2016
    In the end, I did 20 spins and ended up with enough goop to buy a vitality pendant and a censer (200? total), with 23 leftover, and around 650 credits. Some random stuff like dingbats mixed in.

Not a bad haul. Got a level 3 ego rune, a rune of  mind shielding, and some really great goop arties out of it.

I'm actually pretty psyched about the goop arties, given how limited access they are.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm gonna give this monthly promo an 8/10. The high chance of a sizeable amount of goop or solstice candy really makes this promo pretty hot.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm gonna give this monthly promo an 8/10. The high chance of a sizeable amount of goop or solstice candy really makes this promo pretty hot.
    How did solstice candy go from zero to hero? Is coal even an option?
    Yeah, you can get coal.
    Shaddus said:
    In Imperian, you can pay 35 bound credits to buy what apparently amounts to an iron coin.

If I could buy iron coins with credits, it would make this promotion a bit more appealing. I have already decided that I am not participating this month. Have no real need for crystals or credits directly (though could use some crystals, I do not need them and am content to slowly generate from the cornucopia). I also loathe RNG promotions. I want goop. Presents are okay, but very hit-or-miss. I do not need any dingbats or credits, so very low odds of getting anything I could actually use for my money. On the other hand, if I could buy credits and be assured of getting what I paid for (crystals), and then could turn around and gamble those credits I did not want / need anyways? Being able to buy crystals with a chance at a side of aethergoop sure sounds more appealing than the current options.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'd just like the fireworks to go away. Especially since I'd been hoarding a batch of coins from genies and trap, and they count towards the spin total. On the other hand, for everyone, use your free soon twenty five days, get 50 credits.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't think the free spins count towards the 25 spins

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    They don't
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Oh, heh. Stupid regular coins then
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Regular coins do too, just not the free spins. At least they counted for 3 coins I got in a marionette crate.

• Your iron coin vanishes in a puff of multicoloured smoke, followed by a booming gong.
    The Wheel of Tzaraziko crackles with a brilliant display of colours, rewarding you with a Czigany coin.
    The throaty voice of Tzaraziko whispers in your ear, "Keep spinning, Vladimere, and I'll give you a special reward!

Well then..
  • Tzaraziko has a throaty voice? Hmm, perhaps she was Mugwump after all...
  • edited March 2016
    Steingrim said:
    Vivet said:

I can say hands down that the promotion is better here than in Achaea. Within Achaea, there seems to be a surplus of spins that gives you a 'collared mount', to the point people have been getting 3-4 of this mount...which they obviously have no need for. Additionally, the free spins are -no where near- as giving as Lusternia's.

Here is their free spin list:

* Crit bonuses
    * XP bonuses
    * XP rewards
    * Lessons
    * A prismatic token to spin the wheel (for special prizes)
    * A ticket in our end of month lottery (Is a lottery for a ship)
    -OR-
    * 5 minutes as a member of the esteemed toad race
    * 5 minutes as a squelchy maggot
    * A batch of random afflictions

Additionally, concerning their token spins, other than a collared beast, you have a chance to get a minipet, which is basically a doll, except it is simply there for cute factor and doesnt do much else. For reference sake, here is their special spin:

* A Veil of the Sphinx
    * Stat-altering artefacts (Hunter's belt, Pixie's boots, Ogre's Gauntlets, Epicurean Sash)
    * One of 16 crated minipets from previous promotions.
    * One of two new crated, pre-collared mounts (a monstrous hermit crab or a formidable sea-spray
    albatross)
    * Another spin of the wheel <--- Not sure why this is here.
    * Credits and Talisman pieces from the Seafaring set <--- Consider talisman pieces like curio pieces
    * A book of 10 tickets for our end of month lottery
    * Mayan Crowns
    * 30 - 40 Credits
    * 250 Lessons
    * Customisation figurines <--- Free customization of something, similar to Help customization

So far from what I have heard, only 1 person has been able to get the esteemed Veil (Priced at 2000 credits), which shows it has a very low percent chance of spinning.

Additionally, yes there is a chance for people to get a 500 credits win, this is included in free spins, but considering the amount of people Achaea has, along with the amount of token spins, the fact only 2 people have been able to get it seems a bit underwhelming.

So you can see why Lusternia has the better deal :)
  • Vladimere said:
    Your iron coin vanishes in a puff of multicoloured smoke, followed by a booming gong.
    The Wheel of Tzaraziko crackles with a brilliant display of colours, rewarding you with a Czigany coin.
    The throaty voice of Tzaraziko whispers in your ear, "Keep spinning, Vladimere, and I'll give you a special reward!

Well then..

Show me on the doll where the bad wheel attendant touched you...
  • Arcanis said:
    Steingrim said:
    Vivet said:

I can say hands down that the promotion is better here than in Achaea. Within Achaea, there seems to be a surplus of spins that gives you a 'collared mount', to the point people have been getting 3-4 of this mount...which they obviously have no need for. Additionally, the free spins are -no where near- as giving as Lusternia's.

Here is their free spin list:

* Crit bonuses
    * XP bonuses
    * XP rewards
    * Lessons
    * A prismatic token to spin the wheel (for special prizes)
    * A ticket in our end of month lottery (Is a lottery for a ship)
    -OR-
    * 5 minutes as a member of the esteemed toad race
    * 5 minutes as a squelchy maggot
    * A batch of random afflictions

Additionally, concerning their token spins, other than a collared beast, you have a chance to get a minipet, which is basically a doll, except it is simply there for cute factor and doesnt do much else. For reference sake, here is their special spin:

* A Veil of the Sphinx
    * Stat-altering artefacts (Hunter's belt, Pixie's boots, Ogre's Gauntlets, Epicurean Sash)
    * One of 16 crated minipets from previous promotions.
    * One of two new crated, pre-collared mounts (a monstrous hermit crab or a formidable sea-spray
    albatross)
    * Another spin of the wheel <--- Not sure why this is here.
    * Credits and Talisman pieces from the Seafaring set <--- Consider talisman pieces like curio pieces
    * A book of 10 tickets for our end of month lottery
    * Mayan Crowns
    * 30 - 40 Credits
    * 250 Lessons
    * Customisation figurines <--- Free customization of something, similar to Help customization

So far from what I have heard, only 1 person has been able to get the esteemed Veil (Priced at 2000 credits), which shows it has a very low percent chance of spinning.

Additionally, yes there is a chance for people to get a 500 credits win, this is included in free spins, but considering the amount of people Achaea has, along with the amount of token spins, the fact only 2 people have been able to get it seems a bit underwhelming.

So you can see why Lusternia has the better deal :)
    I don't even know why I bother with you anymore. I guess the answer is I don't. But to the others reading this who might think Arcanis has a point. There will always be a bit of comparing apples to oranges (the Achaean wheel thematically is different than the Lusternian one) and likely a bit of 'the grass is always greener'. Without the numbers, values, and knowing the constraints, we as players are going to have to guess.

I shouldn't have to say anything more than this...when the Achaea post says, 'such as' Arcanis should have understood that means the list is not complete. So posting here as if those are the only things they can get in rolls and then concluding that their wheel is junk is, well, wrong.

I was talking about Iron Coins and the not free spins.

I said "500cr range artifacts" not 500cr. Also, I don't consider collared mounts to be crappy presents. Minipets are to me also better than dolls (though that's probably more of a personal taste).

Crowns seem to have higher value compared to the number of dinbats rewarded. This is also difficult to ascertain.

It also may be the case that in Achaea along with their curio equivalent gift you get credits. Where here you not only don't get credits, but you seem to often get a batch of very undesirable curios.

I want a giant hermit crab mount  :(

I will mention that mounts aren't like they are here. A collared mount means a lot less in Achaea than it does here because beastmastery isn't a thing.
  • I spun their wheel and got a talisman piece and 25 credits
  • Celina said:
    I want a giant hermit crab mount  :(

I will mention that mounts aren't like they are here. A collared mount means a lot less in Achaea than it does here because beastmastery isn't a thing.
    That's absolutely true. But collared is worth something as it keeps it from permadeath. I believe you mentioned that you're sitting on some aethergoop, that's another advantage that Achaea has...by having more 'currencies' here players are often holding onto goop/dingbats/crystals/candy while waiting to have enough to do something with them. Right now I'm sitting on over 1000 credits worth of various currencies waiting for there to be enough to buy the special currency items I want.

If someone is new to the game and doesn't pull the crap items like '5 hair curios' and doesn't get stuck with goop they can't use, then this should be a good promotion for them.
  • Arix said:
    I spun their wheel and got a talisman piece and 25 credits
    I thought that was the case. Kinda seems like how in presents they don't just get potions, but gold (worth at least a credit) and sigils.

Don't get me wrong, I do not think this is happening intentionally. I assume that all the producers get a list with percentages and try to implement what they're allowed to implement. I question how easy it is for things to fall though the cracks if one is following a list and is not comparing their final results against those of the other games (yes, an assumption, but a fair one since most people won't QC past a double-check).
  • edited March 2016

Steingrim said:
    Arcanis said:
    Steingrim said:
    Vivet said:

<snip>
    I don't even know why I bother with you anymore. I guess the answer is I don't. But to the others reading this who might think Arcanis has a point. There will always be a bit of comparing apples to oranges (the Achaean wheel thematically is different than the Lusternian one) and likely a bit of 'the grass is always greener'. Without the numbers, values, and knowing the constraints, we as players are going to have to guess.

I shouldn't have to say anything more than this...when the Achaea post says, 'such as' Arcanis should have understood that means the list is not complete. So posting here as if those are the only things they can get in rolls and then concluding that their wheel is junk is, well, wrong.

I was talking about Iron Coins and the not free spins.

I said "500cr range artifacts" not 500cr. Also, I don't consider collared mounts to be crappy presents. Minipets are to me also better than dolls (though that's probably more of a personal taste).

Crowns seem to have higher value compared to the number of dinbats rewarded. This is also difficult to ascertain.

It also may be the case that in Achaea along with their curio equivalent gift you get credits. Where here you not only don't get credits, but you seem to often get a batch of very undesirable curios.

Woah calm down, you posted that "we are getting junk here in comparison" and stated Achaea was getting better options, so I replied with what is actually going on over there.

- Collared mounts do not die permanently, that is true, but frankly we already have that feature in our usual mounts. It is pretty damn difficult to kill  full level mount permanently unless the owner is being insanely careless (or just wants it to die), so cant really compare that as a great option. Additionally, there really is few mechanical uses for Mounts in Achaea, compared to Lusternia, and so getting anything more than 1 is just crazy. Trust me when I say their market value is hilariously low right now over there.

- Dont forget that our free wheel does -not- give negative results, which are fairly common in Achaea from what I have observed.

- The list I put up was basically all it is. There really is nothing else, you can even check Achaea's 'Wheel spin' thread and see what the players have gotten. I believe the 'such as' was perhaps in reference to the different minipets you can get, Im not certain.

- Lusternia spins -all- give some form of credit boost. Whether it is artifacts, credits, dingbats (which can be traded), or goop. Even packages can be traded in I believe. Dont forget that goop items can also be traded in.

- They have a spin which gives them tickets to a lottery raffle for a ship...meaning they wasted 1 token on a lottery that only 1 person will win

- Even their Iron coin spins are frankly not the same. It isnt that common to get one of the stat altering arties, and that is simply from me observing the posts made by players with their results. The 2000 credit artifact has literally only been won once, so just imagine the chance on that.

Which leads me to to repeat my original statement: I can say hands down that our spins are better.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Curio packages that you can't trade in and are only 5 pieces is hardly a credit reward.

• I'm torn between getting 200 credits or 10 Iron Coins. Any opinions?
  • Versalean said:
    I'm torn between getting 200 credits or 10 Iron Coins. Any opinions?
    The best deal is elite members at 25 bucks a month. If you dont' have that, get it for a few months. There's more risk with the coins (for instance if you wind up with 9 goop, a couple of dolls, a wheel spin, a pin, a crate of three curios, a crate of 5 hair curios, a package of ikon, and under 50 dingbats you're not going to break even or even close. That said, why do you want/need the credits? If you need them for lessons then the promo isn't geared towards that (as many of the rewards won't convert to lessons). The trick with the wheel is not only not getting unlucky, but getting something you can use. Aetheroop rewards (a type of creditish for certain artifacts) are nice, but perhaps as useable when you're new. Dingbats are more usable, but perhaps not quite as needed.

You have a couple of options, roll and take your chances, but the likely better options would be the no-brainer packages (reduced cost one time buys of lessons or credits).

If you do want credits, you could strike a deal with someone in game where you buy them coins and they give you credits they have on hands. I've done that and I have a rep for being trustworthy. If I wasn't you can expect this post to be followed by He's slime posts.
  • Keep in mind that if you get 200 credits you're also going to get 2 wonder crystals which you can also sell for at least 100 credits each, effectively doubling the number of credits you'll get.

Will you get more out of 10 iron coins or 400+ unbound credits? Unless you are lucky and have a real need for the alternative currencies the credits will probably be better.