Ideas for Envoys

Comments

• I would like it possible to be able to stoke other people's campfires if you can't already.

Hunter 1 makes fire for group's benefit. He has to leave. Fire starts to die down, do some rp, and hunter 2 throws in a piece of wood of their own to keep the fire going. Just a nice thing to be able to do I think.

Also, if campfires don't work like this already, make them help regenerate endurance and willpower dependant on their strength. A lot if at the max of stoking, and a moderate amount when it goes 'the embers die down'.

There is also something I thought way back. The ability to use campfires to, perhaps, turn corpses into a meat commodity. Imagine how awesome it would be to kill a cow/sheep/moose on the mountains, and make a fire, then turn it into 1-5 meat commodities you could then use? Poultry if you do a chicken or bird corpse, and fish if a... fish.

Love the RP potential for Hunting. Fine as it is now, could be better.
    A masked taurian exclaims, "Sugoi! Gorlois-kun is kawaii, uguu~!"
  • As noted, the failure for forceforest/taint when the other is applicable takes no balance, so you can stack forcetaint/defoliate or forceforest/infest.

• Can e bring in more old beasts before Beastmastery was induced? One of the ones I remember fondly is the undead skeletal warhorse that used to be sold by Angkrag instead of the spider. There also apparently used to be wombats you could buy, along with dashros, camels (And battle camels). Also the cave bears, which used to be sold in Hhur Hhur (-shrug-) which aren't anymore.
  • Gorlois said:
    Can e bring in more old beasts before Beastmastery was induced? One of the ones I remember fondly is the undead skeletal warhorse that used to be sold by Angkrag instead of the spider. There also apparently used to be wombats you could buy, along with dashros, camels (And battle camels). Also the cave bears, which used to be sold in Hhur Hhur (-shrug-) which aren't anymore.
    Asking for new beasts isn't really something that should be handled by envoys. We (the admin) try to work on beasts when we can, but they are incredibly time consuming to create. My one attempt at a beast started over a year ago and I just now abandoned it to another admin, so they aren't quite as easy to pump out as one may think.

• edited March 2013
    What about bringing back the old beasts then but as they were? Just plain denizens for RP benefit. I believe there are still some original animals around, like a cave bear and a russet horse that are NPCs and, I assume, can't have beastmastery applied to them (Although it would be good to make them at least able to be ridden).
  • A few ideas:
     - allow PARRY to accept multiple bodyparts in a single command (eg. PARRY HEAD 50 CHEST 50)
     - allow WEAPONPROBE to accept an optional keyword [NEXT] to show only the next poison that will come off the weapon, instead of the entire list
     - allow WEAPONPROBE to work on antlers (to see what they are envenomed with)
     - allow PROBE BEAST FEEDBAG to see what is currently in the feedbag
     - allow BEAST EMPTY FEEDBAG to empty the thing
     - allow BEAST FEEDING HISTORY to show (even an estimate of) what your beast has eaten since hatching/taking its last description-resetting reagent

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Eamon said:
     - allow BEAST FEEDING HISTORY to show (even an estimate of) what your beast has eaten since hatching/taking its last description-resetting reagent

Yes please  [-O<
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Eamon said:
    A few ideas:
     - allow PARRY to accept multiple bodyparts in a single command (eg. PARRY HEAD 50 CHEST 50)
     - allow WEAPONPROBE to accept an optional keyword [NEXT] to show only the next poison that will come off the weapon, instead of the entire list
     - allow WEAPONPROBE to work on antlers (to see what they are envenomed with)
     - allow PROBE BEAST FEEDBAG to see what is currently in the feedbag
     - allow BEAST EMPTY FEEDBAG to empty the thing

Actually, feed is consumed as soon as it is put in the bag, so a change to empty/probe feedbag will likely require a whole lot of work. For instance, if your beast has an empty feedbag and you apply enough reagents to cover everything that's been used up til this point, then fill the bag, you can apply reagents dependent on what you stuck in the feedbag.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited March 2013
    I really need ideas for what to do with Wildewood.

I have all kinds of ideas for cool flavour/unique abilities, but Wildewoods (with all the non-artifact bonuses available to them stacked) don't output enough damage to solo demigods in ideal situations, ones not seen in real combat. Upping the damage would 'fix' that, but still leave the class unable to really participate in solo combat, strictly support only in big groups (in which you can spam web enchant and be useful). Halp?

EDIT: For an idea of what I mean, I was fighting someone with a system bug that wasn't curing succumb and was only intermittently curing my manabarbs. 3-4 minutes of them with succumb on the entire time and manabarbs on/off (with the damage bursts from that spore being factored in), and me spamming all kinds of damage abilities to try and pressure their vitals, I was unable to do vitals pressure, with my +65/40 offensive dmp stacks.
  • edited March 2013
    Enyalida said:
    I really need ideas for what to do with Wildewood.

I have all kinds of ideas for cool flavour/unique abilities, but Wildewoods (with all the non-artifact bonuses available to them stacked) don't output enough damage to solo demigods in ideal situations, ones not seen in real combat. Upping the damage would 'fix' that, but still leave the class unable to really participate in solo combat, strictly support only in big groups (in which you can spam web enchant and be useful). Halp?

EDIT: For an idea of what I mean, I was fighting someone with a system bug that wasn't curing succumb and was only intermittently curing my manabarbs. 3-4 minutes of them with succumb on the entire time and manabarbs on/off (with the damage bursts from that spore being factored in), and me spamming all kinds of damage abilities to try and pressure their vitals, I was unable to do vitals pressure, with my +65/40 offensive dmp stacks.

Have you looked into reworking shamanism to work with the new -wood skills better?  It is the only skill available to just druids, and would allow for the most flexibility in adjusting things to give -wood users a viable kill method without making Mages or some other guild OP.

I know reworking it would be a pain, and there would be a lot of resistance, but I feel this would be the easiest way to do it without changing their vision of the -wood and -chemantics skills and without changing skills held by other guilds.

Addition:  Perhaps Shamnism needs to have Specs for Druids/-Wood users somewhere down the road.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Mana kill alternative

Or go mage and get psionics and screw it all.

Even a manakill alternative would fall flat on its own, despite first glances, we can't drain mana either. That's a sensible alternate kill for some re-tooling though, as it doesn't mess around with armor ratings and dmp, so with some doing, it could work.
  • If any envoys feel up to a challenge: Please fix the various bardic DeathSong abilities. Reqiuem, Bardoon, Dirge, etc.

The basic problem is that it is an 8 second channeled action which, in addition to the usual no-movement, no-curing, no-hindering, enemy-must-stay-put requirements, also requires that the enemy stay deaf for the whole 8 seconds. Even if you wanted to go at it like Judgement or Chasm and just put up icewalls to prevent you from getting gusted away, and hope that the enemy isn't going to be able to kill you in 8 seconds of no curing, the fact that BlankNote's earache only lasts 8 seconds means that even if you chase balance on BlankNote with your song, they'll have a 2-3 second window for eating earwort at the end of it which gives them that final chance to shut down your kill. But you can't just make the channel time shorter or earache longer: you have to consider the interaction with PerfectFifth which prevents the enemy from running while they have Earache. So, the only ways to escape currently are to kill the bard in under 8 seconds (not something everyone can do), disrupt the channelling with lovers or a similar effect (again, not available to everyone), or gust them out after melting any intervening walls (difficult to do in time). So here's what I would use as a jumping off point:

Make the killing songs A] both require and consume PerfectFifth on a target, B] cause +4 seconds of earache, and C] prevent PerfectFifth from affecting the target until completed or disrupted.

How would that not just run into the problem of people walking out? Situations where you have a big group supporting you enough to hold an enemy totally in place generally have you winning without deathsong, or able to pull of the deathsong anyways. 
  • Same general tactics as you use with chasm/judgement/decap: Pit+walls, barrier, quickly finish a locked target. It's definitely not 100%, but it would be better than it is now and timed kills really shouldn't be a sure thing solo.
    No.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    I'd have personally recommended bouncing that idea off of active bard envoys or combatants first.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Psh. That would be the reasonable thing to do.
    Considering I've seen Synkarin pull it off on more than one occasion, I'd say it's not impossible to pull off. Yes, it has been in group fights, but eh... last time we were fighting something like 3 on 6 in enemy's favour and I saw several dirges go through.

• Bard deathsongs are really just viable in groups. I don't see that changing.

Deathsong is fine. It has it's niche. Two bards can use it to devastating effect, and in quick succession. Not as effective as a tahtetso or the bomb ganks as of late, but still has its merits.
  • I'm suspecting this'd have to go into envoys, so here's one!

Grid Deepbond (AB AETHERCRAFT FIRSTMATE):

From the description:

Giving someone a deepbond will cause him to conglutinate to your ship if he dies
    on the ship or any plane at which the ship is docked, except for the Prime
    Material Plane.

Right now, this skill has very little use, especially as it takes ten power (even if it is ship power). It feels like the majority of fighters these days are demigods, and they can't conglutinate anyway. Thus, I propose some changes:

Sol. 1: Get rid of, or reduce, the powercost.
    Sol. 2: Have Demigods phoenix into the ship instead of the Havens if this is used on them.
    Sol. 3: Allow Demigods to conglutinate to the ship only if this is active on them and they have the conglutinate ability in Planar.
  • Ssaliss said:
    I'm suspecting this'd have to go into envoys, so here's one!

Grid Deepbond (AB AETHERCRAFT FIRSTMATE):

From the description:

Giving someone a deepbond will cause him to conglutinate to your ship if he dies
    on the ship or any plane at which the ship is docked, except for the Prime
    Material Plane.

Right now, this skill has very little use, especially as it takes ten power (even if it is ship power). It feels like the majority of fighters these days are demigods, and they can't conglutinate anyway. Thus, I propose some changes:

Sol. 1: Get rid of, or reduce, the powercost.
    Sol. 2: Have Demigods phoenix into the ship instead of the Havens if this is used on them.
    Sol. 3: Allow Demigods to conglutinate to the ship only if this is active on them and they have the conglutinate ability in Planar.
    I really hope that Demigods aren't dying to slivven.
  • Actually, it was more in regards to them dying on the plane where the ship is docked. I.e. if they raid, or if they domoth, or if they want to explore a bubble or whatnot. Would help prevent ships getting too stranded (even if there are whistles for that).
  • edited April 2013
    Ah, yeah.

Also, ships blow up if they are empty in aetherspace for too long.
    edited April 2013
    Get rid of Loralaria double aeon and double sleep, because that's simply ridiculous.

EDIT: recommendation is make sure it's not possible to have both effects doubled up (I assume that comes from the crystals they stick on their instruments), and I'd also add that it's amusing that researchers - a class that revolves around aeon has a weaker aeon than a bard. No matter how you look at it, anything that insta-aeons through speed defense, no matter the power cost is a bit overkill. I thought that was why we got rid of choke in the first place.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    p5th makes it so that the victim "cannot bear to part" with the caster.

So why can't you tackle them, as you're essentially taking them into the next room with you. Allow tackle to be used during p5th, whether or not it breaks the song is another matter.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Elanorwen said:
    Get rid of Loralaria double aeon and double sleep, because that's simply ridiculous.

EDIT: recommendation is make sure it's not possible to have both effects doubled up (I assume that comes from the crystals they stick on their instruments), and I'd also add that it's amusing that researchers - a class that revolves around aeon has a weaker aeon than a bard. No matter how you look at it, anything that insta-aeons through speed defense, no matter the power cost is a bit overkill. I thought that was why we got rid of choke in the first place.
    I'm not overly familiar with them, but from what I understand, their aeon is from their High stanza 3p attack, SkySforzando which is actually just like princessfarewell, without the blackout. It's actually worse because it requires you to be lusted as well. So there's two things you can do (1) Reject periodically (2) Upkeep metawake. In doing those things, I find them manageable.
    The double sleep and double aeon also both function on a percent chance - it's not anywhere guaranteed, especially both in succession. It requires some luck, and the things Rivius listed above.

-