The 16 Personalities

ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
I personally enjoy taking personality tests, and so do several of my friends. Sometimes the results are inaccurate and a bit far-fetched, but sometimes there is a grain of truth to them, and you can discover aspects of yourself that you never realized before. I thought it would be fun to find out my character's personality type, as well as yours! It would be interesting to see how each player's personality type can match or differ from that of their character. I've seen this test a couple of times before, but most recently it was @Turnus who showed it to me again.

As a player, I'm ISFJ. "The Defender." Which is appropriate, it seems, since the little picture is of a nurse/healthcare worker!

"The ISFJ personality type is quite unique, as many of their qualities defy the definition of their individual traits. Though possessing the Feeling (F) trait, ISFJs have excellent analytical abilities; though Introverted (I), they have well-developed people skills and robust social relationships; and though they are a Judging (J) type, ISFJs are often receptive to change and new ideas. As with so many things, people with the ISFJ personality type are more than the sum of their parts, and it is the way they use these strengths that defines who they are... ISFJs are true altruists, meeting kindness with kindness-in-excess and engaging the work and people they believe in with enthusiasm and generosity."

As for Zyphora, she is ESFP, "The Entertainer." The results for the test were pretty even, however, around 40% to 50% for all the opposite traits. If the same happens to you, and your personality result doesn't really align well with your own assessment of your/your character's personality, I'd see the personalities with those opposite traits as well.

"It's not just talk either – ESFPs have the strongest aesthetic sense of any personality type. From grooming and outfits to a well-appointed home, ESFP personalities have an eye for fashion. Knowing what's attractive the moment they see it, ESFPs aren't afraid to change their surroundings to reflect their personal style. ESFPs are naturally curious, exploring new designs and styles with ease."

I look forward to seeing your results!

Comments

• I'm INTJ. The Architect, if that helps. A rare type and few people seem to agree with me. Is that what you're talking about?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I seem to run into one of these every few years, and each time the result is different. This time I am INFJ (The Advocate), which probably reflects my changing/increasing responsibilities.
  • It looks like I am an INFP or a mediator!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Since I've gotten older, the results have finally equalized. I'm an ENTP.
    come2mag
  • Xenthos said:
    Tynghall said:
    Since I've gotten older, the results have finally equalized. I'm an ENTP.

Tree person?
    Yes.
    come2mag
  • I took one of these tests during my System's Analysis class in college. Got the same score then as I did just now: ENTP.

The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don't do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it's fun. No one loves the process of mental sparring more than ENTPs, as it gives them a chance to exercise their effortlessly quick wit, broad accumulated knowledge base, and capacity for connecting disparate ideas to prove their points.

• edited March 2016
    Heavy ENTP here.
    The description is really acurate, IRL I just won't shut up about politics and all the random issues I find about -anything- then try to theoretically fix them... for hours.

I took that test from different sources a few times and I always got ENTP.

ENTP PERSONALITY (“THE DEBATER”)

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crack-pot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.

• Heavy ENTP here.
    The description is really acurate, IRL I just won't shut up about politics and all the random issues I find about -anything- then try to theoretically fix them... for hours.

I took that test from different sources a few times and I always got ENTP.

ENTP PERSONALITY (“THE DEBATER”)

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crack-pot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.

I have this problem. It makes my wife extremely angry, but I have a very bad tendency of arguing an opposing viewpoint I don't even agree with.
    come2mag
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I answered as for Rivius, and got "Adventurer (ISFP-A)"

• Advocate (INFJ-T). A lot of it strikes me as extremely accurate. 
  • edited March 2016
    @Tynghall I understand too well.

My boyfriend is able converse with me in a way that I find meaningful and he's encouraging me with all the weird new projects I get myself into but sometimes he will just listen and stare at me with eyes big like that,wondering if I'm serious or not (sometimes I am, sometimes no). For him and the persons close to me all the arguing and the monologues can become exhausting.
  • Answering it for Azula, I came up with ENFJ-A...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh man I used to be obsessed with these. INFP here.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited March 2016
    I've taken these before, and they're pretty accurate. I'm an ENFP (The Champion? I think). I like this as well
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    I didn't take the test as Turnus, but I got INFP, “The Mediator”, (with a picture of a hippy flower-girl that looks like Maylea!) as myself.

Maybe I'll take as Turnus and see what he gets.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I'm a Defender (ISFJ-T), although on another day it could easily have been N and T instead of S and F.

Falmiis is a Executive (ESTJ-A)
  • took one of these kind of recently... ISTP, but about right down the middle on the... erm, middle two. 'almost' INFP/INTP/ISFP

beep

• Tynghall said:
    Since I've gotten older, the results have finally equalized. I'm an ENTP.
    Turns out, Tynghall is an ESTJ-A. Weeeeeiiiiird.
    come2mag
  • Oh, I love those and did many of them in the past. In almost all of them I was categorised as a INFP-T though when I retook the test just now, I ended up as a INFJ-T. I have no clue why that is though...maybe, I have changed.

Thy would probably be the same since she shares most of my character traits.
  • I got really into MBTI in the past. I'm an INTP. Shedrin is a lot like me, though leans a bit more J.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Apparently Subotai is an ENFP-A (campaigner?). I'll have to do other characters sometime soon.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • As a player, I'm played in Mediator (INFP-t): INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration. (FOX MULDER IS ONE!? My day is made)

In Salome, I'm Commander (ENTJ-A): ENTJs are natural-born leaders. People with this personality type embody the gifts of charisma and confidence, and project authority in a way that draws crowds together behind a common goal. But unlike their Feeling (F) counterpart, ENTJs are characterized by an often ruthless level of rationality, using their drive, determination and sharp minds to achieve whatever end they've set for themselves. Perhaps it is best that they make up only three percent of the population, lest they overwhelm the more timid and sensitive personality types that make up much of the rest of the world – but we have ENTJs to thank for many of the businesses and institutions we take for granted every day.

In Ilian, I'm the Adventurer (ISFP-a): ISFP personality types are true artists, but not necessarily in the typical sense where they're out painting happy little trees. Often enough though, they are perfectly capable of this. Rather, it's that they use aesthetics, design and even their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention. ISFPs enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behavior – chances are, they've expressed more than once the phrase "Don't box me in!" (Beatrix Kiddo is one, from Kill Bill, neat!)

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Every time I do a Meyers-Briggs, I end up split between INTJ and INFJ. Often which side I end up on depends on the way the test is worded, or possibly just how I feel that day. I personally think I'm more inclined to INFJ than INTJ, but I do have a lot of both in me.

Stratas is INFJ (the Advocate) to a fault. It wasn't quite intentional, but the basic qualities of the INFJ are pretty much his framework, even if it gets a little warped under strain.  This part is especially something he does too much:

Can Burn Out Easily – Their passion, poor patience for routine maintenance, tendency to present themselves as an ideal, and extreme privacy tend to leave INFJs with few options for letting off steam. People with this personality type are likely to exhaust themselves in short order if they don’t find a way to balance their ideals with the realities of day-to-day living.

And that's always followed by an org hop.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Yarou is an ENFP ("The Campaigner"). I, as a player, am an INFP ("The Mediator").

• Ranah is an ENTP ("The Debater"), while I am an INTJ ("The Architect"). 

This is pretty neat!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    ISTJ
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    That was an interesting little test. Turned out to be "The Advocate" (INFJ-T) . not too surprised by the description of it. That's me in many places. Not sure what Aeldra would be, kinda curious.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ENFJ - Shenanigans