- Blank crystal globes (like snowglobes) can be created and enchanted by Tinkers at significant expense, and can be used once only to capture the environment type in which they are placed (eg. forest, desert, urban, etc).
- An artisan can then break the globe to release the imprinted magic and reshape the environment type of a manse room accordingly, destroying the globe in the process.
- Note that all furniture in the room must be removed before the globe can be used, and the artisan must be alone (to prevent trying to create an underwater room when the manse owner is standing there and can't swim).
- Mounted on a wall in a cardinal direction, like tapestries
- Can GAZE MIRROR to see a summary of how worn items contribute to prestige, for example:
You gaze into an ornate mirror gilded with roses, appraising the nobility of your reflected image.
A pair of simple linen pants adds 1 point of prestige.
A golden oak tree brooch adds 10 points of prestige.
A sacred ring of the ravenwood adds 3 points of prestige.
A suit of full plate armour adds 1 point of prestige.
A face painted with rays of sunshine adds 2 points of prestige.
The total prestige of your visible ensemble is well-to-do, with 17 points.
- Alternatively, if enchanted with scry charges by an enchanter, can be used like a magic mirror (when mounted only) to view a target and any other objects in the room. This would only work for the same plane (or the plane the manse is attached to, such as Prime). For example:
You say, "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, I seek Elryn most of all."
The reflection in an ornate mirror gilded with roses becomes clouded and then swirls dizzingly until it morphs into a stable image of another place.
You see Elryn at Top of a Slope.
A mature oak tree stands proudly here. Reaching up as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. Shimmering with a faint silvery outline, an undulating wind zephyr floats upon the breeze. A small, green frog clings to a nearby tree trunk. A plump wild rabbit hops playfully around here. Constantly alert, a large buck is here.
- Can be filled with a mix of fire potion and pale malt alcohol to allow a combustion reaction that mimics daylight. TOUCH <lamp> will brighten a room to near daylight, even if it is night outside. (Ie, allows day-only skills to be used, like drapes allow night-only skills to be used)
- Allows an activation/deactivation message to be added as part of the design.
- Can be tuned to a particular god before being placed.
- Will allow offerings of esteem, corpses or gold to be made.
- Allows decorative plants/shrubs to be created for a room.
- TEND <plant> functions the same as a rocking chair, restoring willpower.
- Allows larger shrubs/trees to be installed in a room (must not be an incompatible environment type, like urban/road/indoors)
- Does not add a trees elevation to the room.
- Causes room to improve recovery of sanity over time.