Experience

edited April 2016 in Common Grounds
I know that gaining experience around higher levels are harder but I see so many new players that earn Demi god in about a month whether they influence or hunt. This is something I couldn't manage to do in even a year since I'm not really committed to the game, but whenever I actually try to gain some experience I somehow manage to lose experience due to death or I get a small amount. The only time I can gain a whole level is by hunting on astral in a group which is pretty sad. Anyways, the thing is that I can't really find a place to hunt that will get me a decent amount of experience and I wont get bored of. I'm not sure if I quite told you guys my problem but if you know what I'm kinda talking about could you please tell me ANYTHING that could help me.

Comments

• I'm not sure if this is the universal way people level up quickly, but couple pizzazz (I think?), Harmony karma, human bonus and Autumn (or similar), and you'll end up at 130% exp bonus, IIRC. If you influence, you can also consume an ikon for another 200% exp bonus to 330%. Also, since you only have to learn one skill (Influence), you won't need nearly as many lessons as you'd need to hunt effectively, and couple with the fact that influencing is inherently safer (if you do it properly, few or no attacks back at you, not to mention no grouping when influencing), you'll also lose less experience when unfortunate things happen.
  • forgive me if I'm a terrible writer.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2016
    The trick is to gain experience in the most boring way possible. If you're hunting, find the toughest place you can bash with no real chance of ever dying and grind the hell out of it forever. Hunting high risk/high reward places seems like a good idea, but the vast majority of them for the vast majority of players in the vast majority of situations are actually high risk/low reward at the end of the day. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A giant majority of the people who you see come out of the Portal and are Demigods within a month are alts who already know where to bash or influence and how to best maximize their experience.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Influencing is definitely the way to go if you want to solo grind to demi.

There's just very little bashing out there that is safe and comparable to the exp you will get from influencing.
  • edited April 2016
    I might try to influence my way up then forget most of it and put it in beastmastery but as a warrior with a small amount of ego I dont think I can do so.
    The amount of ego you get at base should be enough to influence everywhere you should be, with no real issue. 
  • edited February 2019
    -
  • The thing is I don't have enough credits to influence in certain places.
  • I'll probably get deep in influence then become a Demi God get about eighty credits from it and put fifty in tracking to trans then forget influence and invest everything into beastmastery.
  • By then I'll be a marquis and I'll be working my way up in environment
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Rolsand said:
    Anyways, the thing is that I can't really find a place to hunt that will get me a decent amount of experience and I wont get bored of.
    Bolded to emphasize this is probably where the problem is. A lot of people just really hate the bash/grind, and they are very simply not the ones who are going to work into demi in a month. If you talk to those people, I bet you'll find they had a serious time investment - basically dedicating the same number of hours into the game as they would a full time job, in addition to maximizing gains with whatever boosts they can lay their hands on. If you have that kind of free time and can zen through the grind, all the more power to you! But if you just find the grind unbearably boring, I think it is useful (and healthy) to recognise that you're just not going to make the push anywhere near as easily, and seek a pace that works for you.

Or just be content to not have demigod. Post overhaul, a lot of the strengths of getting demigod (additional stats) aren't things anymore. You get access to the demishop for your overpriced clunky utilities and overpriced RP effects, 3/10 regen to all stats (meh), and vitals boosting (which is decent). You do miss out on the usually uncontested part of domoths, but otherwise it's not a big deal to not be demigod. 
  • I only ever learned influence to protect Maylea's Dryads. Other than a couple times to test the waters of comparing Experience gains I have never influenced outside of Maylea's realm. I agree with Enyalida on the hunting portion, high risk ~= High reward. People tell me how they get more experience running form zone to zone killing X creatures and I try and say any time you are not killing something is time you are losing Experience. If you have to run from one spot to another you are losing experience. Also, if you spend more than 30 seconds killing a mob then you are wasting your time and remove it from your target lists until you can kill it in under 30 seconds. The key is to maximize your killing and minimize your downtime.

I, aside from my last 10% of Demigod and about 20% of level another level, hunted my way to Demigod in about 2.5 game years. I stacked every experience buff I could and I stuck to the Undervault from the moment I could kill something there. Your per creature experience is lower than most areas, but the benefit is no downtime due to the size of the Undervault. If you are inclined you can hunt Kephera or Illithoid (depending on your org loyalties) and then tunnel trash (unless there are a lot of others there at the same time). I still hunt there for essence and offerings and maintain the highest offerings in Maylea's Order by a considerable margin.

I have stacked legendary Ikons with Tonics and other buffs and tested Influencing and my gain is roughly 2/3rds of what I get hunting per hour.

The other thing is if you are determined to get Demigod you have to become antisocial for that period. I only ever left my hunting trips to defend Ethereal.

Hunting is boring. Extremely boring, but if Demigod is your goal you have to grit your teeth and deal with it.