SMITE: Battlefield of the gods

edited April 2016 in The Real World
SMITE is a MOBA.

It plays through a third-person shooter enginge rather than a top-down free moving camera.
The champions it use are gods from various religions across the real world.
It has a ton of game-modes outside the standard three-lane mode.
You can earn the in game "real" currency through daily bonuses.
Ratatoskr is in the game and he is adorable.
It can be found here.

The list of known Lusternia players and their smite handle is here:
Kiradawea: PC: (Skilvrel)
Shuyin: XBOX: (???)
Vivet: PC: (Vivet)
Shaddus: PSN: (pesukarucantor)
Eldanien: PC: (Barimen)
Enyalida: PC: (CaPenxiPraxis)

Discussion can be found here.
|
|
v
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comments

• I think Shuyin plays it. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I play Smite sometimes. I am not good at smite. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm working on installing the launcher thing in between preparing dinner and trying to do a little more weeding before the last light of day fades. If not tonight, I'll probably be able to play a bit tomorrow, maybe.
  • It's okay. I am not good at Smite either. And if I don't catch you tonight Vivet, I'll look for you tomorrow.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Sorry, I play on xbox. I have the godpack unlocked there and I have some SWEET SKINS.

I play with Krellan almost every weekend though (currently trying to climb the 3v3 ranked joust ladder cause I have no friends), so hey. We'll play just about anything else too though. If anyone else wants to play, hit me up.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I tried Smite a while back, but ended up uninstalling it because of balance issues, plus a patcher that wouldn't let me turn it off. It was always trying to run in the background even if I wasn't playing the game. That didn't sit right with me, so I got rid of the game entirely. Most of the fun I had with it was just spamming the voice commands, anyway.

I'M THE GREATEST.
    BE CAREFUL!
    GANK!!

Only thing I miss about that mess.
    The update thing is pretty slow going for me, but we'll see! I got my foot in the door, at least, and Vivet wasn't taken, so that's my handle (PC, not sure if that matters).
  • edited April 2016
    I see. I suppose I'll catch you tomorrow then. It's getting kind of late for me.

Edit: I couldn't find a Vivet to add to my friend list.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I occasionally play on the PS4, but I'm a nub. If anyone's on the PSN, add me as pesukarucantor (that shows how long I've had the account).

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Kiradawea said:
    Edit: I couldn't find a Vivet to add to my friend list.
    Yeah, still downloading the update/patch that I didn't already have on the initial download. My connection seems to be very slow right now.
  • Right. I'll try to add you tomorrow instead then. Headed to bed now. You take care of yourself.
  • I played SMITE for a while, paid to unlock all the gods.  I'm lousy at it, but I wouldn't mind an opportunity to improve with people who are willing to teach rather than yell commands.  I've watched a lot of the tournaments, but I come at it with zero previous MOBA experience and admittedly mediocre twitch skills.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I was ordered to install it so like the obedient wench that I am I did, but I have yet to play it. Perhaps I will! I did really like the sound of it. I have it on PC. I'll get back to you after I actually try it out.

• I play on PC, username is Barimen.  I'll get working on updating it - haven't played in months.

• Smite thankfully has 3, 4 and 5 player modes, so as long as we're at least three we'll always be able to fill up a team on our own, which should make the game a lot more fun and safe as a space to practise.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2016
    I'm up for playing some today: CaPenxiPraxis. I would prefer it if you shot me a message on the forums or something when you add me, if your name isn't listed here.

I usually like playing the modes with fewer lanes.