Wargames APR-29-16 ( I think my own team was trying to kill me)

edited April 2016 in Combat Logs
Feel free to nitpick it, I can take it, Plus I need the advice.

I was screwed from the get go here. Plus, forgetting my to tell my system to switch from Cavalier to Blademaster didn't win me any points
https://www.dropbox.com/s/txnbiq4hibny3v4/29-04-2016#21-11-38.html?raw=1

Not sure what happened here.. we went from fighting one team to fighting another team mid swing...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwu2ht149qiungg/29-04-2016#21-42-56.html?raw=1

So I learned my meteor timer is off by 4 seconds and I seemed to be the only person really doing anything after @Taevyn got killed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xn5vpajz9c5oncc/29-04-2016#22-25-27.html?raw=1

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Sorry for the second log; I feel like I could've been doing a lot, lot more.

Here's a log from a different Wargames.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdxzdgvnavh4p8s/Wargames 4-30-2016.html?dl=0

• Meteor is 8 seconds, and MeteorStorm actually appears to be 7 seconds!
    See you in Sapience.

• Twytch said:
    Meteor is 8 seconds, and MeteorStorm actually appears to be 7 seconds!

The one I have triggered was 6 seconds each time unless I am to drunk to count right now. I don't have one of the two triggered I need to fix that to use numb there too.
  • edited April 2016
    Most people don't have MeteorStorm triggered, since it's so very rarely used.

I noticed you tanked my regular Meteors, so I went for the costlier and longer-to-set-up MeteorStorm. :D
    See you in Sapience.
  • Meteor is 6s.
  • I was in panic mode, everytime I get aeoned hard and things start going my impulse is get the hell out.
    (Signs of not really being a combatant) I had fun though, Twytch was patient with my derp, and I think we did okay, had alot of fun.
    I'd recommend using somersault more (instead of flying, especially in an Aero demesne (though every demesne has a defense against flying)).

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited April 2016
    does it always spam multiple lines of things like hook and garnet?

Edit; I would definitely check your slow curing prios, they seem to be off, it was curing things like burns and clotting before curing asthma and aeon. Aeon may be up there, but make sure asthma on dust balance is up there to. When m&mf made the switch, it automatically shoved asthma dust to the bottom of the prios there.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    does it always spam multiple lines of things like hook and garnet?

Edit; I would definitely check your slow curing prios, they seem to be off, it was curing things like burns and clotting before curing asthma and aeon. Aeon may be up there, but make sure asthma on dust balance is up there to. When m&mf made the switch, it automatically shoved asthma dust to the bottom of the prios there.

The line spam is a mudlet issue with 3.0. deleteline for some reason spams the deleted line in the log. It makes reading the logs a pain in the ass, but it doesn't affect the actual visual while playing. I keep hoping it will get fixed, but it looks like mudlet is not being worked on anymore from the dates of the last time anything happened with it.

I will check the slow curing stuff, thanks for the tip.
    Another thing, you may want to use m&m got aff event with aeon to clear your stratagems. A couple of times you went to cure aeon with smoking, but then stratagems kicked in and stopped your cure, which then let someone hit you with asthma.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited April 2016
    Yep, miasma exactly as broken as we said it would be. No excuse for that kind of ability to be in the hands of a melder, I really wish they had listened to the opposition on that report. There wasn't even a concerted effort to drain mana on the team level and they dropped like a sack of bricks. 

Melders are just wildly influential as is, and giving them instakills like this, that pressure vitals outside of health really exacerbates the issue

Just imagine what that could do in the hands a decent combatant.
    edited April 2016
    Who's we? You weren't even there for the Miasma report.

Falmiis was very specifically helping me drain mana by using Aurora and vessels/blackout (which pressures health sips, just fyi).

• Synkarin said:
    Another thing, you may want to use m&m got aff event with aeon to clear your stratagems. A couple of times you went to cure aeon with smoking, but then stratagems kicked in and stopped your cure, which then let someone hit you with asthma.

Any chance you could explain how I do that? I have not used events in M&M, though I see their value.
     No excuse for that kind of ability to be in the hands of a melder

But it's okay for BT. Suuuure.
    8-}

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Demartel said:
    Synkarin said:

Any chance you could explain how I do that? I have not used events in M&M, though I see their value.
    iirc there's a guide in the documentation that tells you how to use it, you'd need to look for the got aff aeon event and have it trigger to clear your stratagems and client stuff queued prior to the event.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Hey, can we save the arguing for Tweets?
  • edited April 2016
    I was around for report 1313, actually. My initial comments were even deleted when the report was rewritten. It was specifically discussed over envoys by me with Elanorwen. I wasn't super active, admitedly, but I was definitely around.

I haven't mentioned swoop, or some imagined support you think I have of it. Do you think I designed the skill? I don't know why you are crying about it. Maybe if you'd read, but we've been over that. What I am a proponent of is diminishing the impact of melders. Including Pyros!

Luckily swoop isn't super viable anymore without team support and runes, but I'd still prefer demesners not have the ability to capitalize on vitals outside of health since they pressure health so well. 

You are correct about aurora though, I did not realize that drained mana. Thank you for clarifying. Scary stuff, that's even better than NSB/SD combos based on this log. He wasn't pressuring Gero with vessels (FYI there is a third person message for those), but aurora apparently zapped his full mana pool which is a little crazy. I'm concerned why that wasn't considered in the aero/mana kill report. Definitely seems important.

Considering that I've never seen you accuse Swoop as being overpowered or "too strong to be in the hands of the melder", I imagined that you were completely complicit in its use and existence. Forgive me for my assumption!

I'm fairly certain that if people used hh more, the issue would be nil.

Comparing miasma to finaltwist was good for a laugh, thanks for that.

I mean...I got hit by that Aurora too, you know. You can actually check the numbers there if you read.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Just wait for DW to come out :P Aeromancers will actually be best poised to capitalize on it, though the Pyro+Minstrel team will have a hard run on it. 
  • edited April 2016
    What? Swoop, and now final twist? I didn't even bring these things up. Melders pressuring mutliple vitals is bad design specifically because how heavily they pressure health both actively and passively. Swoop and BTs, incidentally, don't heavily pressure vitals but they do capitalize on outside pressure unless they are runes specifically. It's an important nuance, but still, I don't support that design in general but it predates me. 

edit: this was mean. Sorry. 
  • Maligorn said:
    I mean...I got hit by that Aurora too, you know. You can actually check the numbers there if you read.
    I know, I thanked you for clarifying. :) 
    Your continued aggression and vitriol is noted. :)

edited April 2016
    Are you familiar with Mudlet's event engine?

Here's the run down for events

Make a new script, the title of that script needs to be the same as the function written in that script. (ie, if you want to use a function cancelStratagemsInAeon(event, aff), the name of the script needs to be cancelStratagemsInAeon)

Every event gives a few arguments, so you'll want to know what the event returns (in the case of m&m got aff, it returns the aff name that you received), so you would use cancelStratagemsInAeon(event, aff)

Then in the line labeled 'Add User Defined Event Handler' you would put the event you want that script to fire on (in this case, 'm&m got aff') and then hit the + button on the right hand side. You should see 'm&m got aff' or the event you used show up in the bigger box above this line now. To remove it, click on the event you want to remove in the big box, it'll show up in the line under and you hit the - button.

Once there, you can write your function

For example

function cancelStratagemsInAeon(event, aff)
      if aff == "aeon" or aff == "sap" then
        send("sm clear")
      end
    end

Hope that helps.

Edit: As an aside - sm clear isn't affected by aeon, so you won't get any delay by using this, and you'll prevent yourself from overwriting your curing

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • You started it (again), I finished it. I feel like I warned you already. Don't be an ass to me and I'll leave you alone, but if you come for me, I'll shove it right back in your face.

Not a hard concept. 
  • Thanks for that Info, @Synkarin, seeing it detailed I think I can fix a lot of issues similar to that now.

You started it (again)

Yep, miasma exactly as broken as we said it would be.

Just imagine what that could do in the hands a decent combatant.
    Don't try and be a victim, Cyndarin. We all know how you feel.

• Again... can we save the arguing for Tweets? It is hard to get decent advice when people come and all they see is the two of you going at it. I mean really, all it takes is one of you to just not reply.
  • edited April 2016
    What, you've repeatedly called yourself a subpar combatant, or some variation of it. Publicly. Why the hell are you offended when I repeat what you say? I'm a shit designer, it's not offensive. 

Jesus. Nevermind. I'm sorry I implied you were less than decent at PK, I didn't mean it personally. You had said the same the thing in the past, I thought it was kosher. My mistake. I should have been more aware of the context of our "relationship" when I said it.
    I would think given the friction between us, you would have the tact to avoid that subject. It's actually a self-esteem issue on my part, and I bring it up to make light of it.

I'm sorry for being an ass to you, too.