Overhaul Trader Bob's Stock

I was browsing through Bob's stock to see what newbies are presented with these days. This is what I found:

Proprietor: Trader Bob.
--------(Item)-------(Description)----------------------------(Stock)-(Price)-
          vial2975: a potion of mana (sapphire vial)             500     400gp
          vial2977: a regeneration salve (onyx vial)             150    1700gp
          vial2986: a potion of healing (ruby vial)              500     400gp
          vial2987: a potion of bromides (coral vial)            150     400gp
      fishcake2988: a fishcake                                   198     275gp
      backpack2991: a canvas backpack                             25     350gp
          mace4738: a heavy mace                                 150    1250gp
     longsword4979: a heavy longsword                            150    1250gp
          vial5614: a mending salve (garnet vial)                 75     500gp
         vial13882: a potion of fire (bloodstone vial)           150     500gp
         vial26957: a potion of frost (vial)                     150    1000gp
         lute30514: a worn lute                                  150     500gp

The prices here are very high. I realize that this may be intended to encourage newbies to check out player shops, but no guidance on this is actually given anywhere in Bob's shop that I can see, and as such the newbies are left with overpriced goods to drain their funds. I suggest that the prices be reduced to be more in line with market prices.

Other things to consider:

- None of the current curatives are stocked; there is no restorative ice, purity dust, soothing steam, or lucidity slush for sale.

- Some outdated cures are stocked. I'm not 100% certain as to the status of the curing changeover, but it's my understanding that regeneration and mending salves have no purpose (and will be made obsolete shortly). That being the case, selling them for 1000 - 1700 gold per vial will strip newbies of their gold without giving them commensurate value.

- Standard items that newbies search for (like pipes, tinderboxes, and shovels) are not stocked.

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Mending and regeneration salves are still in use in PVP, though you're right that it has no relevance to a newbie not engaging in it.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    As if he can't stay in business with how much he gets in credits from selling so many expensive artifacts.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Trader Bob sells artifacts?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Except for dingbat and goop items, I think the artifact shops are all Trader Bob's, yeah. If you WARES in the Arti shops, he should be the proprietor.
  • See aetolia's newbie kits. Awesome stuff for a starting out character.