Aethergoop Worth

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
Making this post just in case Tweets blows up.

After this last month, I'm curious as to what people think the new aethergoop is worth. One type of person seems to think that goop price should be based on the artifacts you can make with it (making goop an expensive commodity), and another seems to think that goop should be priced low, based on being able to make tonics and candies with it (making goop a cheap commodity). I think after a while, and when goop floods the market from genies/maps/whatnot, prices will plummet.

What are your personal thoughts? Is it more important to keep goop prices high so people can sell it for more gold or don't get artifacts as easily, or more important to keep prices low, so more people can use tonics and candies? Keep it civil!
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think things are setup currently that there will not really be a big influx of goop. The candies/brews combined with re-skinning/artifact purchases will keep the overall supply down. It should certainly be worth something, we'll see how the market plays out. I think the 50 goop/day cap on maps/genies etc will play a large part in goop retaining value.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Goop will more or less be tied to the credit prices. 20 goop = 1 credit so whatever 1 credit is in gold will be what 20 goop will be in gold.

It's not about what is "more important", but what is more rational.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't necessarily think it'll be tied to credit prices. We'll have to see how it settles out. It may end up that's what happens, but the ability to use it to make candies and potions may change it's value in comparison to credits.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited August 2016
    People's behaviors confound economists tremendously, because they're not rational.  That said, I tend to agree with Falmiis.  I suspect goop will retain a value based more on its relationship to credits, because I expect it will become part of many players' long term power growth plans.

I expect it will be valued somewhat more than 1/20th of a credit, due to the need to buy an aethergoop artifact and tradein to purchase many desired artifacts.

edit: long work shifts make it difficult to brain

• If anything, the additional uses for goop will make them be valued higher though I doubt this will be the case. When people look at things like tonics and candy they will look at the cost of the goop and other ingredients and ask themselves if it is worth buying/selling at those prices. They aren't going to say "hey, tonics should only be worth 20k so goop prices should go down as a result." 
  • With the new changes, what's the verdict on this month's credit promo? Better? Worse?