Algernon, the Ghastly

An altar of ice.
The sickly buzzing of blighted locusts infests the forest. Stacked stone has been
bound by ice, forming a massive altar which rises within this clearing. Set atop the
structure's frozen surface is a half-burned candle, the stub of wax still smoking
from its long-extinguished wick. Flickering between plumes of the smog and a chilled
haze that fills the air are images of a massive, ferocious looking beast, its
hungered eyes glaring outward from just beyond perception. A mature hemlock tree
stands proudly here.. Manteekan, the Nightmare hangs here hazily, His presence nothing
more than a chilled mist that drifts hauntingly through the air. He wields the hand
of the Forest Dreamer in His left hand. A regal slaugh priestess waits here, her
posture perfect and poised as she scrutinizes the area.
You see a single exit leading west.

The features of Manteekan's face distort as a malicious smile grows upon His face,
His features frozen as if caught in a rictus of death while He stares madly into the
distance.

You kneel before Manteekan, swearing your allegiance to Him.

Pensively, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares asks, "Why do they always do the
kneeling? I do not kneel. Am I supposed to kneel?"

You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.
You smile softly.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Do as you wish, child. Each of you have your own way
of showing reverence."

Merrily, her hands clapping together, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says,
"Oh, goodie. I do not like to be within the dirt."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Do you know what this altar is, My children?"

Ulalah tilts her head to the side, fixing her golden eyes upon the altar.

Curiously, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares asks Manteekan, "Something we
kill people on for magical power?"

You have emoted: Stratas studies the altar carefully, before shaking his head.

Ulalah tells you, "It looks most excellent."

With a hopeful glance, Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "And you, child?"

Ulalah reaches her hands out, seeking to grasp at the beast within the smog and haze.

You say, "I see images deep within, of a hungering beast of many eyes. But the image
is hazy."

You say, "One of Your fae, Lord?"

Curiously, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares whispers, "Is it a wendigo?"

Fear washes over you as a nightmarish bogie hovers in from the west.

Ulalah leans close to a nightmarish bogie and gently lays a kiss upon his forehead.
A nightmarish bogie shifts through the dark mists, disappearing and reappearing all
about you.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Many ideas, child?"

A heaviness lifts from your chest as a nightmarish bogie hovers out to the west.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Eyes, even."

You smile softly.

Ulalah places her hands against the sides of her head, her fingertips moving as if
she has eight extra eyes - ten, instead of two.

You say, "The Haze distorts, and in truth, the early talk of a wendigo had me hoping,
so I may have seen what I chose, not what is there."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "This altar was erected long ago within the Haze for
those of Mine lost to the Soulless, so that should the Haze ever relinquish them,
they would find their way back here once more."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Long before you mortals wandered this realm."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "I am sure the citadel can speak to other presences
that were once here."

You say, "It is a beacon, then, like the one on Mount Avechna, but for the lost fae."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "The Maeve was never accepting of My children, so this
is where they called home."

Manteekan nods towards you, His head bobbing slowly through the mists that swirl
about Him.

Adopting a sullen pout, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to Manteekan,
"She takes only the boring ones; Juur has explained her dislike of the spriggans.
Poor spriggans."

Haughtily, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says, "I love the spriggans. I
would feed them brownies all day."

Becoming suspicious in mien, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says, "The fae.
Not the chocolate things."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Stories aside, because there are many, My children
erected this altar to call to their lost brethren."

You say, "There are many fae lost, not to the Soulless, though, but to the other
Elders, for 'rehabilitation'. If we find them, then they will also be called back to
this altar?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "And your words, as well as Stratas's own
just now, reminded Me of the power this altar holds. It holds the hopes, the dreams,
the deepest desires of My children."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "This altar is for those lost, not those
imprisoned."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "All of My children shall be restored in time."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "Now, what was it you said again, child?
About one of My children?"

Though focused on the altar, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares whispers to
Manteekan, "The banshees are no fun; they do not come to play."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Wrong child, My dear."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "The banshees are far from lost."

Lifting her head and gazing at Him a touch suspiciously, Ulalah Stormcrow, of
Sweetest Nightmares says to Manteekan, "The wendigo? I suspect he is lonely. The
Frost Spite. All alone."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "You do know the Frost Spite is the last of
his kind, yes child?"

Her voice full of sorrow, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to Manteekan,
"Yes, and that is why it's terribly sad. I would love the Frost Spite greatly to make
up for such things, and then send him forth to make the enemies of Nightmares cower
before him."

In a conspirator's voice, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares whispers to you,
"Auntie-Princess performed a rite, and we saw the Frost Spite. He is great."

The features of Manteekan's face distort as a malicious smile grows upon His face,
His features frozen as if caught in a rictus of death while He stares madly into the
distance.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "And do you, child, know why the Frost Spite
remains where he is?"

You say, "Upon Mount Wend? I have not found that, yet."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "What do you remember of My return?"

Floating around the altar, clearly trying to mimic the banshees within Faethorn,
Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares whispers, "Father said t'was not his time;
oh, but I saw how Father looked upon the Frost Spite's face, and He seemed so earnest.
.."

Curiously, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to Manteekan, "Is the Frost
Spite trapped, like Your body?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "It is not, no, but there is a reason."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "Think specifically of how My lone wendigo was
involved, child."

You say, "I was not awake at Your return, I have only heard the stories."

Comprehension flashes across Manteekan's face.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "I see."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Then I shall tell you."

Ulalah Stormcrow's head tilts as she continues to float, listening earnestly to
Manteekan.

Pacing before the altar, leaving a trail of frost behind Him, Manteekan, the
Nightmare says, "The Frost Spite has gained such tremendous power upon Mount Wend.
The snowcats he calls forth are in prime territory for an invasion, especially one
upon the northern forest."

Ulalah adopts a beguiling smile, looking very much like a cruel, satisfied slaugh.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "And who am I to remove him from such a post?"

Manteekan's face contorts into a sinister grin, revealing the points of the sharpened
teeth hidden beneath each pale lip.

You smile softly.

Ulalah lifts her hands to her mouth and begins to feel at her teeth, seeming quite
disappointed with them.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Now... what did I say about this altar, My children?"

Thoughtfully, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to Manteekan, "It
reflects the deepest desires of Your children."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "And what do you both know of the Elemental Planes?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "And the... Lords and Ladies that call them home."

Her nose wrinkling as she passes by the altar, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest
Nightmares says to Manteekan, "They are unpleasant. Far from Prime..."

You say, "There is a connection to the Dreaming, especially as concerns the Lords and
Ladies."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "And how did they come about?"

Ulalah's head tilts so she can listen once again.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "This, the answer I seek, is why I have wandered the
cities as much as I have. They are not pleasant, but they have their use."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "You may ask others of the forest, if you wish."

Her nose wrinkling some more, making her look pug-faced, Ulalah Stormcrow, of
Sweetest Nightmares asks Manteekan, "Did You find the answer?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Ask them how the Elemental Lords were created, upon
these elemental planes."

(Glomdoring): Ulalah says, "How were the Elemental Lords created upon the elemental
planes, Glomdoring?"

Manteekan's face contorts into a sinister grin, revealing the points of the sharpened
teeth hidden beneath each pale lip.

Ulalah tries to mimic Manteekan's needle-like fingers and their way of rubbing
together, adding it to her banshee facade.

(Glomdoring): Xenthos (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "They weren't really
"created," as I understand it. I believe it was more of a spontaneous formation,
impressions of many travelers who traversed those realms."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "The forest remains silent."

Comprehension flashes across Manteekan's face.

Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares asks Manteekan, "They are collective
desires?"

(Glomdoring): Ulalah says, "Thank you, Spirit Warden."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Indeed, My child."

Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares asks Manteekan, "So they are like this
altar?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Do you know that My children failed many times to
return My children to Me from deep within the Haze?"

Ulalah nods her head sagely at Manteekan.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "Why is it then that these Elemental Lords
have come to these planes?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "Created from nothing but hopes, dreams?"

Fog turns to ice as a cool breeze blows through, the frozen particles glittering in
the grey light that shines down from above.

Her mannerisms becoming pensive, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to
Manteekan, "They went to those planes because they... Radiated with the desires from
there the most? Or perhaps they shared something in common with such a place..."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Or, perhaps, children, it is you."

Ulalah tilts her head curiously at Manteekan.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "My other children, the fae, they are not
born from divinity as yourselves."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "They are awoken from nature."

You say, "We call to them. There were no Lord and Ladies until the mortals walked on
the elemental planes, and brought their hopes, dreams, and fears."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "They radiate with the Mother's life force, but they
are not as We."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Indeed, child."

Wings fanning the air momentarily, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to
Manteekan, "What of the Faelings, then? We are both, yes we are."

Placing a hand upon the altar, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "It was not until you
mortals were about that this was even possible."

Ulalah pirouettes mid-air, becoming a brief snow-flurry before stopping to listen
again.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "You still hold the shard of Elfenhoala deep
inside, child, as much as it displeases Me."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "And Trillillial thrums deep within your soul."

In the most reassuring manner a sycophant can muster, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest
Nightmares says to Manteekan, "If I could, t'would take a shard of You instead, oh
yes I would."

Pondering the altar intently, you say, "Is there a way then to use our... mortality...
 to call to Your lost fae?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "So I hope, My child."

Alighting upon the altar's top, standing upon her tippy toes once more, Ulalah
Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares asks, "Why do they react to our mortality if they
are not as we are?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "I do not understand the why, child, only that they do.
"

Speaking loudly down at the altar's top, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares
exclaims, "Hello?! You can come home now!"

The massive shadow of a gargantuan bogie begins to recede as he stomps out to the
west

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Your dreams, wishes, desires, they hold much power."

Curiously, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares asks Manteekan, "Do You dream?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Since you both seem to care so much for My wendigo as
of late, perhaps we shall try first for one of them?"

You say, "I would be most delighted to try for the wendigo. You showed us a vision
once, of what they looked like, and I have been inspired by them since."

Showing that He understands, Manteekan nods His head slowly.

Hopefully, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says, "And then we can find the
grimalkin! Ooh, kitty."
Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "The grimalkin are not lost, My child."

Ulalah's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares asks Manteekan, "Where are they?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "They were locked up by the Elders when I
was banished."

Ulalah's eyes narrow into small slits, and she pouts fiercely.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Ulalah, "They shall be found, much like the rest of
My children."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Anyhow, distractions."

Sullenly, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to Manteekan, "Patience for
me, yes."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "I wish for you both to express your deepest desires
for My wendigo."

Crouching mid-air, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares whispers, "I wish for the
Frost Spite to have his kind returned, so that we might find the claws and teeth of
my beastly brothers in our arsenal of creatures - and oh, wouldn't Balphomet like
that, having the wendigo to call to war? Yes, this would be most satisfying. And I
could pet one! Ooh, I would like much to pet a wendigo. I will name it Snowbite and
feed it those of Serenwilde."

Merrily, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says, "Yes, I like this idea much."

distance.

Manteekan tilts His head and listens intently to you.

Ulalah lands upon the ground and begins to prowl, trying to replicate the movements
of the wendigo, though she is small and not so fearsome.

You say, "That great beast, of raging winter, full of fury and the rage of the ice
storms. You we seek, the inspiration of winter Awakened, to draw forth and show us
your power, your ferocity, you true beauty. You we seek, wendigo, to return to the
Haze and claim your rigthful place near Father-Nightmare's throne."

The air about you quivers as a distant howl pierces through the Haze. Frost forms
upon your flesh as the mists about your thrum with eagerness, anticipation.

Casting suspicious eyes to Stratas, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says,
"You and Auntie-Princess both, so eloquent. I will must needs learn from you."

Placing His hands upon the altar, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "More, My children!
Place your hands upon the altar, tell Me your deepest desires!"

You have emoted: Stratas kneels before the extinguished candle, bowing before the
smouldering wick and placing his hands upon the icy surface, heedless of the frost.

Ulalah's fingers curl against the altar's edge, clasping at it tightly. "Mm, mm. Mmm,
" she begins, humming her pensiveness into the frosted air, "Yes, wendigo; you do
belong here, amidst the frost of the Haze. And the snow of the mountains. And the
pleasure in Father's eyes when He looks upon you, oh yes." She squints her eyes,
peering at the ice.

Speaking to something unseen, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares whispers,
"Your absence is unwarranted; and how will we find the others without your strength
to assist in our machinations?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Yes, My children. More!"

Near howling as he channels his thoughts, you say, "Wendigo I seek you, to bring out
the rage and fury that only the winter knows, to well it within me, to bring that
rage, that beauteous dark. I call to you to return to your home, to your place, and
bring forth in all of us a passioante fury we have so longed for."

Manteekan throws His head back and a piercing screech echoes through the sky.
Reaching His claws deep into the Haze, He rips through the mists, and an echoing howl
fills your mind, almost driving you to madness. Manteekan pulls at the mists, and
they rip open, revealing a tear deep beyond.

You see Manteekan, the Nightmare shout, "Yes! It has finally come!"

The incorporeal form of Manteekan, the Nightmare, dissolves into a cool mist which
creeps hauntingly away into the distance, leaving behind naught but an eerie silence
and an unsettling chill.

(The Shadow Kindred): Lysistrata (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "No, I may not
make a joke. I do not wish to get zapped."

Your vision goes white as you step into the massive tear, which clears up only as you
find yourself on the other side.

Beyond the veil.
Time has come to a complete stop, both sound and light are frozen within this
impenetrable veil of ice and haze. Movement flickers just beyond the veil as
hungering spirits lurch just beyond your reach, yearning for the spark of life that
glimmers deep within you. Though your breathing has halted, your heart still thumps,
the rhythmic tic-tock driving you mad as you struggle to gain control of yourself
once more. Algernon, the Ghastly drifts here, his bulky ectoplasmic figure tinged
with blood. Manteekan, the Nightmare hangs here hazily, His presence nothing more
than a chilled mist that drifts hauntingly through the air. He wields the hand of the
Forest Dreamer in His left hand. A regal slaugh priestess waits here, her posture
perfect and poised as she scrutinizes the area.
You see a single exit leading through a tear in the Haze.

l algernon
Ectoplasmic swirls of wind and ice form the ghastly figure of this wendigo spectre,
his hair-raising howl filled with pure hunger and rage. Little form is seen within
the transparent, shifting morass, save for the flash of yellowed fangs, the burning
of black, fathomless eyes, and the blood-tinged white of massive flexing claws.
Shifting skeins of blue and white play over the animate storm: beneath, the ground is
glazed with ice.
Algernon, the Ghastly has an air of extreme strength.

In a fit of madness and laughter, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Yes, My children!
Yes, it has worked!"

Algernon, the Ghastly howls in insufferable pain.

Flexing her fingers and waiting for her eyes to cease rolling, Ulalah Stormcrow, of
Sweetest Nightmares whispers, "Oh, this is strange."

You say, "It is amazing."

His eyes filled with a glimmer of hope, happiness, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "My
child! My glorious child."

(Glomdoring): Xenthos (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Lord Manteekan, is there
something You need of us?"

You smile broadly and say, "It worked. We have found a wendigo!"

Algernon, the Ghastly rises before you, his massive form swirling with frost.

Reaching out towards Algernon, the Ghastly, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares
says to you, "Is this a wendigo? Are they all so see-through...?"

His voice booming, Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Father? Father?"

With a wicked grin stretched across His face, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Yes, My
child. It is Me."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "It is us, indeed."

You say to Algernon, the Ghastly, "We have come for you, to bring you home to the
Haze. You are not lost anymore."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "My children, let us return through the tear. Let us
bring this child with us."

Manteekan steps into the massive tear and disappears from sight.

Your vision goes white as you step into the massive tear, which clears up only as you
find yourself on the other side.

Algernon, the Ghastly exclaims, "The Haze!"

Algernon, the Ghastly exclaims, "Father!"

With a wicked grin stretched across His face, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Yes, My
child. It is Me."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "It is us, indeed."

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "What... what are you doing here with Trillillial? And...
and this... sister?"

Manteekan frowns slightly as a look of worry fills His visage.

Ulalah's wings flutter behind her, her best look of concern creeping onto her face;
dramatic, like many of her expressions.

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Lady Trillillial, it is... a pleasure."

You smile softly.

Her saccharine voice soft, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to Algernon,
the Ghastly, "You have been lost a long time, sweetling; Lady Trillillilal has
fractured."

You say, "Ah, there is much that has happened while you have been lost. I am not Lady
Trillillial, just a shard of Her."

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "And you... I think you are a fae. But... but..."

Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares murmurs, "Trillillilal? Trillial? Trilly-
long-name."

Algernon, the Ghastly begins to fade from view as a look of struggle overcomes his
features.

A touch desperate, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says, "No! You cannot
leave again! You must stay, to be with the bogies and Ravila!"

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Bogies? Ravila? Yes. Brothers, sisters."

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Father, has Lady Trillillial joined us?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Algernon, the Ghastly, "I... yes, My child. For now,
She has."

You nod your head emphatically.

Her desperation becoming a touch overwrought, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest
Nightmares says, "He does not understand... We will have to help him, yes? This I can
do."

(Order): Manteekan says, "Children. Though he is here, I fear he is not as he was."

Ulalah seems a bit sullen, grasping her face and pulling at her cheeks to reveal the
lively flesh within her sockets.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Algernon, the Ghastly, "All is as it was, child. The
Haze is here for you. You did well in your fight with Illith, and I returned you here.
 For healing."

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Algernon, the Ghastly, "And this, your sister, and
the Lady Trillillial, they are here to watch over you."

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Yes, Father. The battle was tough, but we won, yes?"

His features now sunken, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Indeed. You were victorious,
My child."

Speaking in the most melodic tones, you say, "Illith has fallen. You have done well."

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "That is all that matters, then, Father."

(Order): Ulalah says, "Do You think he will be okay?"

Algernon, the Ghastly smiles, his form solidifying slightly as he drifts towards
Manteekan.

Ulalah musters her most charming smile in her state of distress, watching Algernon.

(Order): Manteekan says, "I fear, My children, that though he is returned, he is
fragile. His memories are as they were. If we... push to hard on them, he will fade
once more."

(Order): Ulalah says, "So we will simply be gentle."

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Lady Trillillial, I am happy to see that you have truly
decided to fight the Soulless. No matter what it takes. I am sure that Lord Xyl did
not take it lightly."

(Order): You say, "We shall be. Can he be healed from his current state, over time?"

(Order): Manteekan says, "I do not yet know, child. Until then, we shall take care
with him."

Ulalah Stormcrow casts a glance aside at you, beginning to float again with a couple
gentle beats of her wings.

(Order): Manteekan says, "As you can see, he is far from the wendigo he once was."

You say to Algernon, the Ghastly, "You cannot tell Xyl, but there are more important
things right now. I will be here, to help you."

(Order): Ulalah says, "He will become better; he simply needs to be taught, but
slowly, yes. Very slowly."

(Order): Ulalah says, "And perhaps after pie."

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Finally the Others have come about. We shall defeat the
Soulless, Father. As You said we will."

(Order): Manteekan says, "Just do not push him, children. Time is a fickle, fickle
thing. I do fear that him being here is far from acceptable to it."

Mustering some warmth in her frost-forming voice, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest
Nightmares says to Algernon, the Ghastly, "Father knows all. Naturally, we shall
defeat all that come before us..."

(Order): Ulalah says, "Yes, Father."

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "I. I am happy that I pleased You, Father."

You say, "We shall defeat them, for it is the most important thing. But for now, your
battle is over, and you will have time to recover your wounds."

Running a hand over Algernon's icy flesh, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Yes, child.
Balphomet too shall be pleased."

Ulalah smiles a soft, toothsome smile at Algernon.

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Have him and the rest of the bogies survived as well?"

Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to Algernon, the Ghastly, "They reside
here, yes. They prowl most adeptly."

Algernon, the Ghastly exclaims, "Then we are ready for our next battle, Father!"

Algernon, the Ghastly puffs up his chest as bloodlust fills his eyes and he lets out
a piercing howl.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Soon, My child. Soon."

(Order): Manteekan says, "My children. I fear I must steal him away soon. Say what
you wish to him before I hide him once more. I fear that others may push... they may
push too hard on My child."

Warmly, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to Algernon, the Ghastly, "It
is good to see you, brother-mine; I will bring you a nice pie for your victory."

Merrily, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares exclaims, "With eyeballs in it!"

A silvery tintinnabulation resembling laughter escapes the lips of Ulalah alongside a
frigid, frosty haze.

You smile softly.

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Lady Trillillial, I thought You a painter?"

You say, "I am indeed. I would like to capture you in a sketch, if I may."

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "You... You and Your sister, together."

Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Indeed. Anything for one of Father's allies."

Algernon, the Ghastly strikes a pose.

You pulp the wood into a paste and create a sheet of paper, then carefully cut it
into 5 blank sketch sheets.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to you, "Yes, Trillillial. Sketch My child."

Breaking a piece of coal into small chunks, you pick out a plump shard and ponder
Algernon, the Ghastly for a moment. With an image in your mind you deftly sketch his
features upon a thin sketch sheet, preserving them for future use.

Manteekan smiles faintly as He glances towards Algernon. His eyes flicker with hope
and disbelief, yet it quickly fades.

You say, "I shall make a mark on this, to commemorate your victory, so it will never
be forgotten."

Issey has entered the area.

Manteekan, the Nightmare says to Algernon, the Ghastly, "Now... now My child, we must
let you rest. Say your goodbyes for now. We shall see Trillillial and your sister
soon enough."

Manteekan gives Issey the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.

With the smallest flick of His finger, Manteekan sends Issey flying headlong into the
depths of the Astral Plane.
Issey has left the area.

Ulalah gathers fistfuls of her robes and lowers herself into an elegant curtsey,
nearly touching the ground.

Shifting between perception, Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Wha... wha... yes, Father."

You say, "Go, warrior, and rest in your Father's care."

With a swift bow, Algernon, the Ghastly says, "Lady Trillillial. Sister."

Smiling brightly, Ulalah Stormcrow, of Sweetest Nightmares says to Algernon, the
Ghastly, "So dapper you are, brother."

Lifting Algernon into His arms, Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "Take care, Lady
Trillillial. My child."

The incorporeal form of Manteekan, the Nightmare, dissolves into a cool mist which
creeps hauntingly away into the distance, leaving behind naught but an eerie silence
and an unsettling chill.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    WENDIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Bring him flowers. All the flowers.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Wait, wait waiiiitttt. Manteekan has a baphomet?!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Aww. I now will always think of of Balphomet as a chibi goat demon trying to be scary.

(For reference: Inky black drips from the powerful form of this massive bogie, his figure rippling
    with energy. Dark, misty tendrils protrude from his back, slithering through the air
    behind him with unguided intent. Long, sharp claws protrude from the tip of each of
    his slender fingers, each dripping with a gruesome ooze ripped from the souls of his
    enemies. His empty, glassy eyes reflect flickering images of the terrors of the First
    World, shifting through varying horrors as he gazes blankly ahead. An aura of fear
    surrounds Balphomet, Bastion of Fear, manifesting in tortured screams and unnerving
    cries of pain that echo about him.)

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Missing awesome moments like this makes me want to switch timezones.

On the bright side: WEEEENDIGOOOO <3