Twelve Year Anniversary Events - Timezones, Civil Discussion, and Whatnot

edited October 2016 in Common Grounds
This discussion/thread is intended partly as a catch-all for discussions regarding 12th year Anniversary events, civility is appreciated, etc., but also since I found this nifty website which may help avoid timezone conversion headaches. As a note, should these differ from any current/future announcements of Estarra's, then these are obviously wrong and I ask that you send me a PM so I can fix it.

Hamster Hunt - http://everytimezone.com/#2016-10-4,660,cn3
Treasure Hunt - http://everytimezone.com/#2016-10-5,660,cn3
Quiz - http://everytimezone.com/#2016-10-6,720,cn3
Death Worldgame - http://everytimezone.com/#2016-10-7,900,cn3
Harmony Worldgame - http://everytimezone.com/#2016-10-8,420,cn3
Wargame - http://everytimezone.com/#2016-10-8,660,cn3
Vengeance Tournament - http://everytimezone.com/#2016-10-9,390,cn3
Battlechess - http://everytimezone.com/#2016-10-9,540,cn3

Good luck to all of you, and I hope you all enjoy the events and have fun!

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Since my team stopped playing and/or retired - who wants to be on my team?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I hate to be that greedy bugger that you already know I am, but I haven't heard anything about Ironbeard, gnomes, the Czigany Wayfaire, or any other things besides this list. Is this the summation of our anniversary?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Is the hamster hunt a chaos hunt or a regular one?

If the Wayfaire comes, will Jeramiah get a shipment of Czigany Toy curio crates?

For funsies, can we make Death/Harmony be main-continent only? (Or maybe reintroduce the outer planes?)

Happy Birthday Lusternia!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Synkarin said:
    Mm could get Crek, or Talan. Then make it a Ysav'rai family theme team :D

I'll be happy trying any of the events out
  • edited October 2016
    huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge thank you for the anyplace times. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    aww those are all super late night, I'll be all sleepy if I can be awake for them. There's three I could possible catch in normal 'awake' time and of those three, there's only one I could maybe have the tiniest bit of a merit (Harmony/vengeance are not really my thing). I was looking forward to these :-(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Thankfully I've nothing better planned at 4am on a Saturday oO

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Talan said:
    Veyils said:
    Synkarin said:
    Mm could get Crek, or Talan. Then make it a Ysav'rai family theme team :D

I'll be happy trying any of the events out
    What? Not me. I want him to win! :D

You, and all the other newer players should definitely, definitely try to participate in as many events as possible. There are prizes to win, and it's a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to watching the battlechess in particular.
    And there's enough of us around who've won various contests before happy to give a few pointers too!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Well damn, I might actually catch most of these. What is this craziness.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Wondering if it would give anyone a heart attack if I showed up to Wargames. Hmm.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I dunno. Long as it's not Dylara we'll all have a chance. 
    (In reality - everybody should try for team/individual events. Worst case scenario is you don't place and gain more experience)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Luce said:
    I dunno. Long as it's not Dylara we'll all have a chance. 
    Wha? 

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    (PK menace reference.)
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Rancoura said:
    Wondering if it would give anyone a heart attack if I showed up to Wargames. Hmm.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Luce said:
    (PK menace reference.)
    Maybe I will join the games and menace everyone. :(

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I'll play for war games. I like those.
    Maybe I don't need a whole team.....

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    It's ok,  the OP secret combo lives on.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    At that point, just pick some schmuck you want to give the Seal to :tongue:
  • edited October 2016
    Is there a command like EVENTS or UPCOMING so we can see when things are scheduled? (Not EVENT STATUS, but a command that shows when the events are due to happen, eg 2 hours from now).
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rancoura said:

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2016
    Luce said:
    This is Anniversary games, not Ascension events.
  • Synkarin said:
    If you're in a bind I'll tag along and look menacing. butcher smiley

Dylara said:
    Synkarin said:
    We want to give the other teams a chance.....

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited October 2016
    Synkarin said:
    Dylara said:
    Synkarin said:
    We want to give the other teams a chance.....
    bully emoticon  Fiiiiine.

In all seriousness, I'm very excited to be able to attend most of these events. Whether I participate or not depends on how I'm feeling, here's to a happy Anniversary!

• ** The Hamsterhunt will end in approximately 1 minute. **

Ixion                              700
    Falmiis                            692

I didn't think I could manage it at that point, but I got luckier with the hamsters in that last minute. Well played @Ixion, @Tremula and everyone else who participated.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Xenthos said:
    Luce said:
    This is Anniversary games, not Ascension events.
    I keep forgetting they're not the same thing.