M&M Parry

Hello people.

I was kinda having a talk with someone about parry and balancing stuff. Lots of people don't seem to have any parry system thingy at all which means that warriors can take them apart way too easily but on the other hand you could in theory make a parry system that could stop some warrior specs in their tracks really well.  I was thinking we could sort of work together to make a half decent one for everyone to use. Or at the least give a basic parry set up to everyone so they can tweak it themselves.

I threw together a bit of a crude parry thing built from m&m stuff as a kind of starting point. Its pretty crude and switching between specs is a bit spammy but it kinda works and well even if its not great its better than nothing for most people.

So like first of all this just uses the stuff m&m has built in already so it'll only work with m&m.

The download is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e7xayir6c26ytr0/AADcefocUFzuz-lSYXZGm6fOa?dl=0

To install it there is just two steps. Take all the prios files and copy them into your m&m prios which will be in somewhere like this:

C:\Users\Kanchan\.config\mudlet\profiles\Veyilspart2\m&m\prios

Then just use mudlet: Tools>Packagemanager>select the file in xml parry thing called Parrystuffforall and just install it.

To check it works right do "mmlist prios" and you'll see something like this

(m&mf): Priorities that we've got stored in 'C:\Users\Kanchan\.config\mudlet\profiles\Veyilspart2/m&m/prios':
  alwarrior, bcwarrior, bmwarrior, cavwarrior, current, genericwarrior, pbwarrior.

Then if you use one of the alias such as "groupparry"  that will set up the parry and import the correct prio folder. You'll need to log out and shut down mudlet then open it again when you first set it up but then after that you can use the aliases to switch between warrior styles at any time even mid fight.

They are as follows

alparry
pbparry
bmparry
bcparry
cavparry
groupparry

A few little points on what it does. Firstly it sets the parry based on the type of warrior your fighting based on what I've decided is the best thing to do, you may disagree in which case change it to suit yourself but for example I have it set to not bother parrying the arms at all against a blademaster because they don't really hurt the arms at all. Secondly it switches the ice application prios depending on the warrior style your fighting and similar to the parry I have arms as the last thing to be cured against a blademaster for example but I have them quite high against a cav. You can edit them to suit your own needs as well.

Last point it is super crude and simple but kinda effective so don't be expecting anything fancy from it.

This is the first step anyway my next plan is to put in a few triggers and switches to change from a distributed parry to a 100% parry depending on circumstances. Then if I can figure that out(or if one of many people who are smarter than me can do it quicker :p) I want to try and add in afflictions to the parry system as well, eg if damagedskull and critheadwounds parry head 100 or if lleg mutilated parry right leg 100 but I think that is going to be a long way away before I get onto that.