Public Design Wishlist Thread

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
(I had a flight of whimsy and @Daraius encouraged me to go with it. So here we are!)

It's been a common complaint that most designs are crafted with the intention of stocking up private cartels. While in the case of city and commune-specific cartels there is still a larger audience for the designs, it's unfortunately true that public design catalogues can, at times, be lacking. This can especially be overwhelming for newer players, who have yet to join or own private design cartels.

Enter designers and trademasters like myself who find ourselves bored from time to time, and are in need of some inspiration! How many of us actually use those public cartel slots? This is a chance to be creative and to give back.

So, friends: what designs would you like to see more of in the public catalogues? You can be as broad or specific as you like ("I want cheaper vials made from X commodities" for example, or "I'd like more designs with X theme"). Ask, and it is possible you shall receive. :)
Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• I'd like two things:
    1. Half-plate as an acceptable armor type. Have it be just as effective as scale/chain mail.
    2. More steampunk themed tailoring designs. Though perhaps there are some out there already that I haven't noticed!

• greatrobe-suits
    greatrobe-gowns
    scale mail
    fascinators
    modular/action origami
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Havastus said:
    1. Half-plate as an acceptable armor type. Have it be just as effective as scale/chain mail.
    Isn't this Field Plate?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Shaddus said:
    I'd like the Charites to be a little more lenient in letting us request new patterns.

That's something I can't do, sorry! But are there any existing designs you'd like to see people make more use of?

I'll say I'd like to see more stationery, personally. I feel the public catalogue on that is lacking. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Most book types are lacking, less so with scrolls than the others. Non-speed weapons, too.

Pseudo-plate designs are good, too. You can get a lot of leeway with sticking modifiers on plate. "Lamellar plate," "partial suit of plate" and so forth. Things that aren't really knightly renaissance plate but can still use plate as a noun.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    Shaddus said:
    I'd like the Charites to be a little more lenient in letting us request new patterns.

That's something I can't do, sorry! But are there any existing designs you'd like to see people make more use of?

I'll say I'd like to see more stationery, personally. I feel the public catalogue on that is lacking. :(
    Ohhhh. I misunderstood the use for this post, sorry :disappointed:

More fascinators would be awesome.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I actually started making some public fascinators, I'll get back onto that! 
    Stationery and origami
    Brooches
    Flutes and music boxes

edited November 2016
    Lavinya said:
    I actually started making some public fascinators, I'll get back onto that! 
    Stationery and origami
    Brooches
    Flutes and music boxes
    Yours were the only public fascinators I saw! They're very pretty. I'm now officially joining you in the quest for more fascinators. :blush:

ETA: Three public fascinators submitted! Doo de doo.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    More Vagabond Hats and Noir-inspired clothes in general.
    I may have found this in my WIP designs...

a fabulously feathered fuschia fascinator

humdedum

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I would wager that most things in artisan could use a lot of designs, but that may be too unspecific. I'll try a few things that I generally find hard to pick anything suitable:

- couches
    - drapes
    - chests and cabinets

Then of course, the otherwise mentioned things:

- any type of action/wetfold/kirigami type origami. The lists are really short and I'd probably rechoice seeing more of those!

I'll probably find more now that this thread exists. Great idea Sylandra :-)

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Expanding the public catalogue is a mission I can get behind; I have so many anonymous public designs floating around out there in an attempt to do just that. While I'm in a bit of a design slump, I'd like to request of our design fairies more clothing in colors besides red/black/white/blue, and some simple, comfy furniture.

Directly related to the topic of wanting to see more designs for the general public: stock more jewelry and clothes and whatnot in your shops, everyone, please. Let's liven up the apparel market with more than just robes and cheapo enchanted jewelry designs.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Potato designs
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Don't forget purple, Phoebus. So many variations of violet and permutations of perriwinkle...

I'd like to see more 'staple' food designs honestly. Not elaborate five course Michelin starred meals that double as Iron Chef challenges, but things like pepper loaf, meat pies, boxty, fried chicken and collared greens, and continual stew.
    I would love to stock more jewellery and clothes but....does anyone actually buy anything other than robes (well armour now I guess) or already enchanted items? If I had unlimited stock space I'd go for it, but alas. I do want to make money sometimes!

I also agree with the furniture. Going to get working on some basic designs.

I stock a lot of non-enchanted jewellery and every so often it gets sold, but not as often as it could be. I don't think I've ever sold any non-enchanted jewellery or tailoring in my Celest shop, come to think of it, but Hallifax and Serenwilde have both been more open to those consumer goods. (Then I notice when people gravitate to certain themes and I try to secretly cater to those themes. >_>) I guess it depends where you're located!

One thing I wanted more of (and designed more for in Halli's jewellery cartel) was cheap but pretty pendants, as well as cheap but pretty rings for enchantment. I imagine that's desirable across the board, though.
    Daraius said:
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Lavinya said:
    I would love to stock more jewellery and clothes but....does anyone actually buy anything other than robes (well armour now I guess) or already enchanted items? If I had unlimited stock space I'd go for it, but alas. I do want to make money sometimes!

I also agree with the furniture. Going to get working on some basic designs.
    People do buy it, yes! My most frequent sales for non-armor clothing are boxers, socks, and gloves, and for unenchanted jewelry, bracelets and earrings. Everyone and their brother sells robes and enchantments, and it's certainly a steady source of sales, but offering more variety makes your store stand out. 
  • I often go shopping on Brea and buy random shiny stuff. I have a whole room in my manse where I just leave clothing and junk.
    Well ok! I do have some lovely designs for random things. 

• Brews could do with some expansion, I think that in the public lists at least there's only been one beer design added that uses a malt.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited November 2016
    Special request: I would love it if someone could make the Dendra panoply. Plate for the noun, probably. Remember that bronze does not look like that picture when it's new. A boar's tusk helmet to go with it would also be neat.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2016
    Lavinya said:
    Stationery and origami
    What kind of colors/materials/motifs are you (plural) looking for? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Male fascinators. I mean, I wouldn't wear them, but I think someone probably would. Not me though. Someone else.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • More dresses. And skirts. Just general clothing that's not ballgowns. Especially if it's cute. I know I'm a tailor but I use all my slots on socks and robes but I will totally buy cute sundresses and stuff if I see them for sale.
    @Daraius more for my alts than anything else - some simple designs would be great I think. Often kirigami/wetfold in particular are only the basic public patterns. I want more flowers and coloured stars and butterflies! Just little tweaks on those would be nice. And stationery that isn't crazy complex jewel encrusted works of art. I have some of this stuff but, I can't well buy from myself >_>.

Thrones is another one! Most of them seem so specific to an org or person, it would be nice to have some more ambiguous choices.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think thrones are as tailored as they are because they're the sort of purchase that gets made for the long haul, and are more a luxury than a necessity. 
    Oh, we need more satchels and pouches. This catalogue is smaller than I remember.
    Daraius said:
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Please sell matching shirts and pants and shoes etc.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback