Where is the deepest point of the Basin?

SakrSakr Member Posts: 151 Capable
edited January 2013 in Q&A
Where is the deepest point of the basin? The lowest elevation possible.



edit:
Going to test each answer before selecting the right one to see how many elevations down I go from the surface.
image
Post edited by Eventru on

Best Answers

Answers

  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 7,020 Transcendent
    Otherwise:
    Taerin Passages are the lowest you can get, because they are far beneath the Basin of Life (while still being part of it) and link the Undervault / surface.

    Another alternative could be the Caverns of Muhanlesh, or the caverns in Zoaka; basically all the lowest points in the main Basin will be the cavern areas.
    image
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 7,020 Transcendent
    edited January 2013
    To your edit: Number of down exits is meaningless.

    Some down exits will take you down much further than other ones.

    For example, if you go into the Caverns of Muhanlesh, you only get two down exits that take you from mountain elevation (basin level +1), to Undervault tunnel elevation (surface elevation minus many, from the standard entrance locations).
    image
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.Member Posts: 8,210 Transcendent
    edited January 2013
    Mysrai's rituals. That stuff is deeeeeeeeeeeeep.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EventruEventru Member, Gods Posts: 719 Divine
    Actually I think the Carai Caroo is the deepest point outside of the UV, given it is at the bottom of the deepest sea, in parts where there is no light (comparable with the bottom of the Atlantic or something), and goes deeper still into the earth.

    For the sake of loose speculation, anyways.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 7,020 Transcendent
    Well.  By that I'd think that Muhanlesh is lower, given that Carai Caroo is above the UV (since the Inner Sea is above the Sea of Keph), and Muhanlesh is on the same level as the Sea of Keph.

    But Muhanlesh is only two downs.  Those are some pretty long downs.

    Unless the UV tunnels do a lot of up / down motion, which I suppose they could too- they are tunnels after all.

    And it's feasible for there to be chambers on the surface that are lower than the tunnels but that don't intersect with them.  Which Carai could be, a bubble of water in the rock that the tunnels bypass.

    I'd be willing to accept that as a possible solution, actually.  I'm just not sure if there is actually any empirical way to determine it. Up / downs are not really a determination of levels (example: see Celest's spiral shape where walking around it brings you up).
    image
  • KiradaweaKiradawea Member Posts: 1,750 Transcendent
    Even better. You can either get into Hallifax by taking a long elevator/stair up multiple times, or you can go east, north and west and be at the same elevation as when you go three straight up-steps.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EventruEventru Member, Gods Posts: 719 Divine
    Xenthos said:
    Well.  By that I'd think that Muhanlesh is lower, given that Carai Caroo is above the UV (since the Inner Sea is above the Sea of Keph), and Muhanlesh is on the same level as the Sea of Keph.

    But Muhanlesh is only two downs.  Those are some pretty long downs.

    Unless the UV tunnels do a lot of up / down motion, which I suppose they could too- they are tunnels after all.

    And it's feasible for there to be chambers on the surface that are lower than the tunnels but that don't intersect with them.  Which Carai could be, a bubble of water in the rock that the tunnels bypass.

    I'd be willing to accept that as a possible solution, actually.  I'm just not sure if there is actually any empirical way to determine it. Up / downs are not really a determination of levels (example: see Celest's spiral shape where walking around it brings you up).
    Muhanleish is also in a mountain, whereas Carai is probably thousand+ feet below sea level.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord Member Posts: 7,020 Transcendent
    Eventru said:
    Xenthos said:
    Well.  By that I'd think that Muhanlesh is lower, given that Carai Caroo is above the UV (since the Inner Sea is above the Sea of Keph), and Muhanlesh is on the same level as the Sea of Keph.

    But Muhanlesh is only two downs.  Those are some pretty long downs.

    Unless the UV tunnels do a lot of up / down motion, which I suppose they could too- they are tunnels after all.

    And it's feasible for there to be chambers on the surface that are lower than the tunnels but that don't intersect with them.  Which Carai could be, a bubble of water in the rock that the tunnels bypass.

    I'd be willing to accept that as a possible solution, actually.  I'm just not sure if there is actually any empirical way to determine it. Up / downs are not really a determination of levels (example: see Celest's spiral shape where walking around it brings you up).
    Muhanleish is also in a mountain, whereas Carai is probably thousand+ feet below sea level.
    It is; but it also goes all the way down to the undervault.

    Watch that step.
    image
  • SakrSakr Member Posts: 151 Capable
    The prison's deepest point is -5 from the seal. The seal itself is -12 from the deepest point of the sea of despair, which is another 3 levels to the surface.

    So the prison reaches 20 levels lower than sea level. Next question!
    image
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink Member Posts: 1,717 Transcendent
    But, does the Undervault count as part of the Basin?

  • EventruEventru Member, Gods Posts: 719 Divine
    Qistrel said:

    But, does the Undervault count as part of the Basin?

    Technically yes. While its on its own continent mechanically, geographically it is nothing more than the network of tunnels, caverns and rivers that underly the Basin of Life.
  • SakrSakr Member Posts: 151 Capable
    It's part of prime, so yes. I would consider things not part of the basin like the nexus worlds, ethereal, elemental, cosmic, astral, aetherspace, and the aetherbubbles.
    image
  • AkyaevinAkyaevin Member Posts: 586 Fabled
    edited January 2013
    There are also places on Prime explicitly outside the basin, like Icewynd and Mt Dio. And possibly Skarch.
  • SakrSakr Member Posts: 151 Capable
    Skarch would be on prime though, while not directly inside the valley. The shifting village would count as being on prime too, though I am using the realm map @Caffrey made as a reference.
    image
  • AlacardaelAlacardael Member Posts: 197 Capable
    edited January 2013
    I feel like there's a confusion on what is considered 'Basin' and what is considered 'Prime Material Plane'.

    Basically, the whole Basin of Life is within the Prime Material Plane, but the Prime Material Plane consists of places other than the Basin of Life - Mount Dio, Skarch*, and Icewynd to name a few.

    It's similar to how Faethorn is part of the Ethereal Plane, but the Ethereal Plane also consists of Ethereal Serenwilde, Ethereal Glomdoring, Wydyr, etc.

    Ethereal, Elemental, Cosmic, aetherspace/aetherbubbles, and Astral are all on different planes of existence than the Prime Material.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective. Member Posts: 4,508 Transcendent

    My personality.

     

     

     

     

    Oh wait, deepest...not shallowest. Carry on.

    image
Sign In or Register to comment.