Gift Idea Help

Maybe I am not the only one who is slightly panicking to have no good gift ideas for certain people at this point. Maybe we could help each other out!

The target: My brother-in-law. Occupation: Landscape architect (drafting/planning, though he is more hands-on than he probably should be.) Does snow-plowing in the winter. Hobbies: graphic design, crossfit. Traits: introvert. Price Range: ~$50

Current best (not great) idea: Good gloves and a box of handwarmer inserts?
#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!

Comments

• Talan said:
    Maybe I am not the only one who is slightly panicking to have no good gift ideas for certain people at this point. Maybe we could help each other out!

The target: My brother-in-law. Occupation: Landscape architect (drafting/planning, though he is more hands-on than he probably should be.) Does snow-plowing in the winter. Hobbies: graphic design, crossfit. Traits: introvert. Price Range: ~$50

Current best (not great) idea: Good gloves and a box of handwarmer inserts?
    https://www.tommiecopper.com
  • Books are the best presents. A quirky book about graphic design would hew with his hobbies. Or a quirky book about crossfit.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited December 2016
    Lerad said:
    Books are the best presents. A quirky book about graphic design would hew with his hobbies. Or a quirky book about crossfit.
    In that vein, The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson might be a good pick. It intertwines nonfiction stories about the architect Daniel Burnham, who had a strong impact on Chicago's architecture as well as designed the Chicago World's Fair, and stories of the serial killer Dr. H. H. Holmes, whose "Murder Castle" hotel at the fair was designed to lure unfortunate attendants to their death. My sister, who enjoys both architecture and crime stories, couldn't put this book down. (I think Dr. H. H. Holmes might have been partial inspiration for some of AHS: Hotel, actually?)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • It's a really good book, and Johnny Depp is producing a movie based on it.
    Breandryn said:
    It's a really good book, and Johnny Depp is producing a movie based on it.
    Wasn't it Leonardo DiCaprio? I know he purchased the rights to the movie years ago.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Oh, maybe it was Leo. I remember it being an actor I liked :blush:
  • I suck at gifts. I'm like...here I am what more do you want? But if I have to buy something I always choose books too. 
    I rarely have luck with books personally because all my friends either are already swimming in books or have no time for books these days. Sometimes both. I fit in both categories actually. :( I feel guilty when someone gives me a book that I didn't explicitly have interest in because I'm practically guaranteed to have no time for it. But I'm always trying to keep up with new releases and who is writing what, to see what's going on in publishing land.
    Daraius said: