Prayer

I've prayed twice to Mysrai now and I was curious how prayer works. Do gods receive prayers as messages or like in game tells that flood in? I was also curious on if it is considered rude to pray multiple times a RL day.

Comments

• Its like a message they get I think. As the the etiquette I guess it depends on the god. I've prayed to Viravain a few times in a day before and not got slapped for it because I think the reasons were ok but well if you pray a lot and it annoys the god the god could squish you :dizzy:  
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Whenever I pray to gods I get the impression they get them as a message. Sometimes days later I'd get a reply from Elostian mentioning what I prayed, and other times I'd pray to Lyreth and the moment my prayer was sent I'd hear, "It seems you need to speak with Me?" So I'd treat it as a means of communication similar to a message/tell hybrid. Don't pray to a god more times in a day than you'd send a message or unreplied tell to a player, essentially.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I wasn't sure, I have sort of treated it like some religions do in real life where you're encouraged to pray in times of need or delight. Thank you!
  • Drocilla said:
    I'd say it depends on the admin in question. I certainly appreciate people checking in the way you describe @rhi. I can't be on top of everyone's ups and downs at all times so when they pray, even just to say "This is making me so angry, grant me strength!" or "I have done x in your honour!", I'm happy and feel like they're keeping me in the loop. And that they care to keep me in the loop too, and to develop their order RP. Those are the people I'll get to the fastest or check-in with regarding their news because I know what's happening. 

We get prayers as messages so we don't miss them and can browse through them later, so they serve that purpose as well. Questions, requests, etc.
    @Drocilla , do the prayers without content still reach You? I'm imagining something like "Steingrim offered up a prayer to You?"

^\w+ offered up a prayer to You\. $    deleteline ()

• Yes, pretty sure they come to us as: X prays to you, "Oh divine Drocilla, guide Your wayward servant." Otherwise a suspicious amount of people are asking for guidance. :D