the riddle game!

So, to save Maeve from Sun it was decided that Perriwinkle would lead something that Laeroc normally lead. First we needed his[laeroc's] notes. And these were in a box that had to be opened with riddles!

You have recovered equilibrium.

Lower within the Queen's Tree.

It is quite mild. The silvery leaves of a faebush gently billow in the wind. A carefully shrouded opening seems to give a hint of light at the end of its passageway. There are 3 corpses of a Hunter of the Shorn Corona here. Letting her hair fall freely, Aife, Knight of the Eglantine practices her swordplay. Wildeflower Aramel Shevat lingers here, her skin aglow with a silver incandescence. She wields a golden whip of the pious in her left hand and a silver athame of the moon in her right.

You see exits leading northeast and up.

A slight jingle of mail is the last sound heard as Aife, Knight of the Eglantine walks off to the northeast.

You suddenly scoop up the corpse of a Hunter of the Shorn Corona.

A glint of silver chainmail heralds the arrival of Aife, Knight of the Eglantine from the northeast..

Aife, Knight of the Eglantine gives the world a smart salute.
Aife, Knight of the Eglantine settles down in a corner to sleep.

Aife, Knight of the Eglantine slowly wakens, looking fit and refreshed.

You say, "Uh."

One or two light fluffy clouds drift lazily through the sky. Carefully carved steps allow entry into the lower trunk of the Queen's Tree. The room created is immense and covered in wall to wall hanging murals that depict the past skirmishes and feats of ancestors long since deceased. Potted trees glisten with leaves of silvery tint, their scent flourishing throughout the air adding a subtle crispness to it. Richly appointed chairs lie about the room for casual conversation and one entire rounded wall is filled with a shelved bookcase holding every book the fae have ever retrieved. The silvery leaves of a faebush gently billow in the wind. A carefully shrouded opening seems to give a hint of light at the end of its passageway. Letting her hair fall freely, Aife, Knight of the Eglantine practices her swordplay. Wildeflower Aramel Shevat lingers here, her skin aglow with a silver incandescence. She wields a golden whip of the pious in her left hand and a silver athame of the moon in her right. Primus Gero with a Crone face stands here with the temporal fabric fluxing around him. He wields a golden whip of the pious in his left hand and a tower shield of the Matrix in his right. Orbiting around his head are several spinning crystals.

Gero raises his arms and the air ripples around him.

Rubbing the brief sleep from her eyes, Aife, Knight of the Eglantine says, "To the northeast is our prize."

Comprehension flashes across Aramel's face.

Delicate cherry blossom petals burst into a joyous flurry and envelop Aramel before swirling away to the northeast.

A small sitting room.

There is the lightest of airs blowing through the locale. The silvery leaves of a faebush gently billow in the wind. The scent of roses emanates through the air around this small crystal box, intricately tooled into an image of the flower itself. There are 5 Hunters of the Shorn Corona here. A golden honeycomb lies here, gleaming with sugary goodness. Wildeflower Aramel Shevat lingers here, her skin aglow with a silver incandescence. She wields a golden whip of the pious in her left hand and a silver athame of the moon in her right.
You see a single exit leading southwest.

With a snarl and a flash of his searing red eyes, a Hunter of the Shorn Corona widely swings his obsidian-studded sword in your direction.
With a snarl and a flash of his searing red eyes, a Hunter of the Shorn Corona widely swings his obsidian-studded sword in your direction.

A Hunter of the Shorn Corona crouches low to the ground, glancing this way and that with cautious alertness.
A Hunter of the Shorn Corona crouches low to the ground, glancing this way and that with cautious alertness.

A glint of silver chainmail heralds the arrival of Aife, Knight of the Eglantine from the southwest.

A Hunter of the Shorn Corona viciously hacks one of his obsidian-studded swords into your side, dragging the blade back and forth in a saw-like motion. The blade stings and burns as red-hot flames erupt from the weapon and licks at your flesh.

Fiery pain courses through your veins.
Your flesh is charred, and you receive first degree burns.

It is quite mild. The silvery leaves of a faebush gently billow in the wind. A carefully shrouded opening seems to give a hint of light at the end of its passageway.

[Autocuring]: sip healing
You take a drink of a potion of healing from a glowing bloodstone vial.
The potion heals and soothes you.
You may drink another health, mana, or bromide potion.
You have recovered equilibrium.

A small sitting room.

There is the lightest of airs blowing through the locale. The silvery leaves of a faebush gently billow in the wind. The scent of roses emanates through the air around this small crystal box, intricately tooled into an image of the flower itself. There are 2 corpses of a Hunter of the Shorn Corona here. Letting her hair fall freely, Aife, Knight of the Eglantine practices her swordplay. Wildeflower Aramel Shevat lingers here, her skin aglow with a silver incandescence. She wields a golden whip of the pious in her left hand and a silver athame of the moon in her right. A solstice dragon lies coiled here, blowing puffs of red and green smoke.
You see a single exit leading southwest.

A shimmering field surrounds Gero.

You cannot pick up an ornamental rose box.

Primus Gero says, "Aife I said I was good fodder, fodder isn't known for its' brillance."

A shimmering field surrounds Gero.

You say, "Box."

The corners of Aife, Knight of the Eglantine's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Aife, Knight of the Eglantine points accusingly at an ornamental rose box.

Gero opens a scarlet, heart-shaped box.

You say, "Open."

Aife, Knight of the Eglantine says, "Have you ever seen one of these before?"

Aramel opens an ornamental rose box.

A tendril of mist curls out of an ornamental rose box before the lid suddenly pulls closed, a soft giggle like the tinkling of a bell filling the air.

Gero shakes his head.

Aramel creases her brow in a frown.

Primus Gero says, "I've never."

Wildeflower Aramel Shevat says, "I have not, and we cannot open it."

Aife, Knight of the Eglantine says, "One of Laeroc's good tricks. Magic and everything."

A box of rock candy isn't something you can open.

The rustle of dried leaves whispers hoarsely through Faethorn as the heat rises to sap the moisture.

Aife, Knight of the Eglantine says, "You gotta unlock it."

With a wistful look on his face, Gero touches an ornamental rose box.

The carved rose upon the box unfolds a single new petal as a soft, lilting voice begins to hum.

Gero clutches an ornamental rose box firmly, preparing to use it.

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "Alive as you but without breath, as cold in my life as in my death; never a thirst, though I always drink; dressed in mail armour, but I never clink. What am I?"

Wildeflower Aramel Shevat says, "Fish."

The gentle humming goes silent as the rose upon the box contracts slightly.

Gero nods his head at Aramel, showing his acceptance.

Thoughtfully, Aife, Knight of the Eglantine says, "I believe he must answer, m'lady."

You say, "To box."

Aramel urges Gero onwards.

You say, "Fish."

Primus Gero says, "Fish."

You have a sense that you must touch the box once again.

With a wistful look on her face, Aramel touches an ornamental rose box.

The carved rose upon the box unfolds a single new petal as a soft, lilting voice begins to hum.

With a wistful look on his face, Gero touches a music box formed from coal.

You reach out and touch a box of rock candy.

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "Alive as you but without breath, as cold in my life as in my death; never a thirst, though I always drink; dressed in mail armour, but I never clink. What am I?"

Wildeflower Aramel Shevat says, "Fish."

A soft, contented sigh fills the room like a rising breeze as a correct answer is given and the rose upon the box grows slightly.

Aife, Knight of the Eglantine urges her companions onwards.

With a wistful look on his face, Gero touches a music box formed from coal.

You put a box of rock candy into a silk backpack.

You reach out and touch an ornamental rose box.

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "Six faces I have, but none of them speak; I am one out of thousands, hardly unique; but when I break free, I am found at your feet; or in the pocket of a guard, a treat so sweet. What am I?"

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "Six faces I have, but none of them speak; I am one out of thousands, hardly unique; but when I break free, I am found at your feet; or in the pocket of a guard, a treat so sweet. What am I?"

Wildeflower Aramel Shevat says, "Honeycomb."

A soft, contented sigh fills the room like a rising breeze as a correct answer is given and the rose upon the box grows slightly.

Primus Gero says, "Sugar."

"Shh!" Aramel says to Gero, putting a finger to her lips.

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "Two bodies have I, though both joined in one. The more I stand still the faster I run. What am I?"

You say, "Honeycomb."

Wildeflower Aramel Shevat says, "River."

Wildeflower Aramel Shevat says, "Hmm, maybe that's not right."

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "Two bodies have I, though both joined in one. The more I stand still the faster I run. What am I?"

Primus Gero says, "A hourglass."

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "What does an sovereign, an imp, and a crow have in common?"

The rustle of dried leaves whispers hoarsely through Faethorn as the heat rises to sap the moisture.

Wildeflower Aramel Shevat says, "Tails."

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "What does an sovereign, an imp, and a crow have in common?"

You say, "Tails."

You say, "Tails."

The box shivers slightly and the rose contracts as a wrong answer is given.

Wildeflower Aramel Shevat says, "Tails."

Aramel snaps her fingers.

You say, "Nope."

You say, "Heads?"

Wildeflower Aramel Shevat says, "Heads?"

Aramel snaps her fingers.

(The Shadow Kindred): You say, "What does an sovereign, an imp, and a crow have in common?"

Wildeflower Aramel Shevat says, "Crow caw... imp tail..."

(The Shadow Kindred): Zilias (from the Aetherways) says, "The I(eye)"

You say, "The i(eye)?"

Aramel ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Primus Gero says, "Everything has two."

Primus Gero says, "Two sides."

Primus Gero says, "Or wings."

Primus Gero says, "But I doubt that is correct."

A puzzled expression on her face, Aife, Knight of the Eglantine says, "There is nothing in common, is there?"

Primus Gero says to Aife, Knight of the Eglantine, "Any suggestions, Lady Knight?"

Primus Gero says, "Nothing."

Aife, Knight of the Eglantine winks knowingly.

Primus Gero says to Aife, Knight of the Eglantine, "Brillant work."

Aife, Knight of the Eglantine says, "Sometimes it pays to think like a fae."

(The Crux): You say, "So we have to solve some riddles to open a box."

Aife, Knight of the Eglantine urges her companions onwards.

Primus Gero says to Aife, Knight of the Eglantine, "Perhaps the Institute could get you to teach a class."

(The Crux): Enadonella (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "What kind of riddles?"

(Glomdoring): Crek says, "Not over that aether, Tylwyth."

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "A silver fork fell from the sky, first it shined, then it cried, then it set alight. What is it?"

Xenthos, riding Ilistala, an enormous leopard, enters from the southwest, emanating an aura of immense power.

Primus Gero says, "Lightning."

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "As a stone inside a tree, I'll help your words outlive thee. But if you push me where I stand, the more I move the less I am. What am I?"

(The Shadow Kindred): You say, "A silver fork fell from the sky, first it shined, then it cried, then it set alight. What is it?"
(The Shadow Kindred): Veyils (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Lightning."

(The Shadow Kindred): Zilias (from the Aetherways) says, "What was the answer to the first one? THe anticipation is killing me?!"
(The Shadow Kindred): Xenthos says, "That was already answered."
(The Shadow Kindred): You say, "As a stone inside a tree, I'll help your words outlive thee. But if you push me where I stand, the more I move the less I am. What am I?""

Druid Crek Ysav'rai, Eye of Crow says, "A pencil."

Primus Gero says, "A pencil."

Druid Crek Ysav'rai, Eye of Crow says, "Pencil."

With a wistful look on his face, Xenthos touches a gilded music box.

With a wistful look on his face, Xenthos touches an ornamental rose box.

You say, "Touch box."

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "As a stone inside a tree, I'll help your words outlive thee. But if you push me where I stand, the more I move the less I am. What am I?"

Druid Crek Ysav'rai, Eye of Crow says, "Pencil."

Primus Gero says, "Those who touch it must answer."

(The Shadow Kindred): Veyils (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Thats a pencil?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "A pencil."

You say, "To get/answer riddle."

(The Shadow Kindred): Crek says, "Yeah."
(The Shadow Kindred): Oueli (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Heart."

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "Here grew crystal from the ground, fed by grace of zephyr's wings; up rose a tree atop the mount, a tool to aid a lord of wind. The place's name is what I ask: to find it out is now your task."

(The Shadow Kindred): You say, "Here grew crystal from the ground, fed by grace of zephyr's wings; up rose a tree atop the mount, a tool to aid a lord of wind. The place's name is what I ask: to find it out is now your task."

(The Shadow Kindred): Veyils (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "That just makes the think hallifax?"

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "Here grew crystal from the ground, fed by grace of zephyr's wings; up rose a tree atop the mount, a tool to aid a lord of wind. The place's name is what I ask: to find it out is now your task."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Mount Seirode."

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "A queen with a broken crown; her gentle smile turned a cruel frown; though her heart no longer beats; a green-thumbed witch turns to her for simple feats. Who is she?"

(The Shadow Kindred): You say, ""Mount Seirode."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Jeitara."

Xenthos ponders the situation.

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "A queen with a broken crown; her gentle smile turned a cruel frown; though her heart no longer beats; a green-thumbed witch turns to her for simple feats. Who is she?"

Primus Gero says, "Jeitara."

Gero shakes his head.

Primus Gero says, "Maeve."

Primus Gero says, "Maeve."

You say, "Rowena."

Xenthos shakes his head.

Xenthos nods his head emphatically.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "That's what I was about to try, myself."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Good going."

Ilistala eyes Tristanna warily, settling into a predatory crouch.

A high-pitched fae voice sings, "Where fire meets air, and water meets earth; home to peoples full of mirth; watched and reigned by ancient queen; an ensorcelled society of eternal green. What am I?"

You say, "Knew that one."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Faethorn."

With a little click, the box unlocks itself, briefly illuminated by a soft blue glow as many fae voices laugh in joyous unison.

Xenthos opens an ornamental rose box.

A quiet, bell-like giggle fills the room as tendrils of mist uncurl from the open lid of the box, dissipating into the air.

Xenthos takes an aged, buttery scroll with worn edges from an ornamental rose box.

An ornamental rose box doesn't contain that.

Xenthos, riding Ilistala, an enormous leopard, leaves to the southwest, emanating an aura of immense power.

An ornamental rose box is holding:
Nothing.

Tristanna leaves, following Primus Gero.

You tell Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist, "Get em?"

Xenthos tells you, "Aye."

You say, "Xenthos got notes."
FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: