Sermons, Eels, Buckets and Concussion.

LavinyaLavinya Queen of SnarkAustralia
Marigeya d'Murani beams broadly at you.

You flash Marigeya d'Murani a joyous smile.

Sthai paces a slow circle around the maw of a hole, her lips curved in a faint smile.

Abruptly, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Endings."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "They are as inevitable as a fire seeking fuel, or the quickening of the lichseed."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Even beyond death, our will grinds down into dust. Our thread is not infinite, even in undeath."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "We are cursed to wink out like candle flames, brethren."

Contemplatively, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "But beyond nothingness, we know that we are the kindled remnants of gods, twice-born. We are the scattered remnants of Dynara's children hand in hand with Magnora, the true marriage of creation and destruction."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "If all changes, if anything can change, it must be through loss. Failure. We succumb to the blackness of nothingness."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "And then - what springs from it? The Taint? Lord Gorgulu, more complex than we can grasp in his new form? The rebirth of fire from cold ash, the miracle... of rebirth."

Sthai smiles softly.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "We end. We begin. We end again."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "It is not simple hunger that calls us to this eternal cycle. Our failures, our despair, our defeats - they turn the door of the future, into a world where we shall not fail again."

Thoughtfully, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "And we hunger for it, this destruction, this sublime union with the Taint, this consummation -."

Sthai pauses, her hands upraised, her eyes flashing intently upon the twisting walls of the room: "...this new self. Incoherent to the last, as heretic as any of Celest might call us." She smiles, gently. "We may even betray ourselves. But in the future is that kernel of the past."

Softly, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "No, not mere hunger to fill ourselves, in ambition, in gluttony."

Turning to pace, Sthai gestures to the eye, to the pit. "To fall. Not simply the end of one cycle that the other begin, but an ending for the sake of 
Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Perhaps we shall be Lord Gorgulu, and none shall know us."

Softly, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "But what does the Lord see, that he cannot say?"

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "What does he perceive? Perhaps even that which the Gods see and cannot, in words, vouchsafe to us mortals."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "For we are but shards."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "And we wait for our fall."

Sthai folds her hands behind her back.

You have emoted: Lavinya frowns thoughtfully.

Marigeya d'Murani tugs urgently on Ixion's sleeve.

Sthai smiles softly at Marigeya d'Murani.

Marigeya d'Murani leans up, up, up to whisper quietly to Ixion.

Ixion inclines his head politely to Marigeya d'Murani.

Comprehension flashes across Marigeya d'Murani's face.

Showing that she understands, Marigeya d'Murani nods her head slowly.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Lady d'Murani, I trust I have not bored you."

Sthai puts her hands on her hips and goes "Hmmm!" at Marigeya d'Murani.

You have emoted: Lavinya looks between Ixion and Marigeya curiously.

Marigeya d'Murani blanches, the colour draining from her rosy cheeks as she dips into a hurried curtsey.

Marigeya d'Murani says, "A-ah, forgive me, ma'am! I wasn't sure what 'vouchsafe' meant..."

Marigeya d'Murani shuffles her feet uneasily.

Sthai murmurs something unintelligible to Ixion.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani murmurs, "Truly, I take no offense for a child seeking to relieve her ignorance."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips as you glance at Marigeya d'Murani.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "I should hope so. We are at the Devourer Font. Feel free to take any offense so that you may be eaten and offered unto He Who Is Legion."

Ixion cackles hellishly.

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

Marigeya d'Murani exclaims, "Oh, sir, that's a wonderful idea!"

Marigeya d'Murani beams broadly.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "But don't let me interrupt. Was this a speech about Lord Gorgulu primarily?"

You ponder Krek thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

Sthai blinks incredulously at Ixion.

You say, "He looks like a tasty morsel."

Almost offended, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Why do you ask, Lord Ixion? Did I not speak truly of the Lord?"

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Just arrived, I'm afraid, and missed most of the discussion."

You say, "It was quite thought-provokinge indeed."

-----(screw drunkenness making my comma into an e, performing sober now!)------

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says to you, "What thoughts did it provikinge?"

You glance askance at Ixion.

A series of sibilant hisses suddenly sounds from the rag doll clutched in Marigeya's hand.

You say, "She spoke of-."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Just trying to communicate in a manner you understand."

You have emoted: Lavinya pauses and glances towards Marigeya d'Murani.

Utterly entranced, Marigeya d'Murani emits a long "Ooooh."

Sthai blinks incredulously at Marigeya d'Murani.

Marigeya d'Murani holds the doll's face up to her ear, listening intently, and the hissing chorus is repeated audibly.

Approaching, her hands held out, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says to Marigeya d'Murani, "Do you have a pet viper then, Lady d'Murani?"

Delightedly, Marigeya d'Murani exclaims, "Stop it, Jane, that tickles!"

Glancing aside, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says to you, "Children are such precocious little things."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Next she'll be poisoning her elder brother."

Sthai smiles fondly.

Marigeya d'Murani glances up to Sthai, lowering the doll and shaking her head.

Surprised, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says to Marigeya d'Murani, "You've learned to throw your voice already?"

Marigeya d'Murani exclaims, "Oh, no, miss. This is Jane. She has the most wonderful things to say, sometimes!"

You say, "I don't think it is a viper, Seditionist."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "My, next you'll be imitating Gods. Such a dear."

Marigeya d'Murani exclaims, "Miss Lavinya knows about Jane. Miss Nadira did something to her and now she can talk to me!"

Crouching down, her ear turned towards the doll, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "And what does Jane have to say?"

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says to Marigeya d'Murani, "Miss Nadira? A very learned woman."

Marigeya d'Murani says, "Jane thinks that, um."

Marigeya d'Murani looks down at the doll for clarification, at which the doll hisses once more.

Sthai smiles encouragingly, her lips pulled back from yellowing teeth.

You have emoted: Lavinya takes a half step backwards, ever so subtly.

Marigeya d'Murani says, "That Lord Legion would reward your locu...loqu...loquaciousness in His service."

Marigeya d'Murani nods her head sagely.

Sthai blinks incredulously at Marigeya d'Murani.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "My. That's a clever and elaborate phrasing for a doll."

Sthai blinks incredulously at you.

Marigeya d'Murani glances at Sthai, uncertain.

Marigeya d'Murani says, "Did I pronounce it wrong?"

Marigeya d'Murani creases her brow in a frown.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani murmurs to you, "Which of our kinswomen had this child?"

You say to Marigeya d'Murani, "You did very well with such a big word, little one."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "One of Aiakon's get?"

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Clearly Jane has been elevated beyond the waif doll's abilities as just evidenced by its words."

Sthai glances down at the doll.

You say, "It is quite a special doll, indeed."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Dear? Did your parents teach you to throw your voice? How very clever."

You have emoted: Lavinya shakes her head faintly at Sthai.

Sthai lifts a hand to touch the doll, her hand hovering an inch from the head.

Prelude Krek says, "I firmly believe Jane is a unique doll, I wish I had one like her."

The doll flares with a roiling nimbus of oilslick colour, suspended just above the fabric.

Sthai freezes, going absolutely still, save for a faint tremour in her hand.

Faintly, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Oh."

Startled, Marigeya drops the doll, though it remains hovering just beneath Sthai's fingertips.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "I see. Not a pet viper at all."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says to Marigeya d'Murani, "Nice to see you out and about, but all this talk of dolls.. I need to go destroy something. Excuse me."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Citizens."

Ixion inclines his head politely to those around him.

Sthai swallows nervously and drops to a knee.

Formally, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Hail, Lord Legion, Devourer in the Void, Gate and Key both."

Full of pure hatred, a bitter voice says, "It has been some time since your voice has rung within these halls, Sthai d'Murani. An unexpected...pleasure."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "I am honoured, Lord."

The model of flawless elegance, a woman's noble voice says, "Imagine Our interest to see one finally spurring the citizenry to recall that which so few continue to espouse."

Spreading her clasped hands, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "I have little enough to offer but my voice, Lord Legion."

The doll's stitched mouth splits open in a mockery of a smile, a half-dozen pink tongues writhing within.

Prelude Krek whispers, "I take my statement back, I don't want a doll anymore."

Droning and monotonous, an insipid voice says, "Your voice is but a vehicle for your ambition."

An understanding voice confidingly says, "We would see that flourish."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "My ambition, O Lord, is only to serve."

The air crackles with forks of black lightning, and an ominous voice says, "Then serve you shall."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "How may I serve You in this place, Lord Legion?"

A lance of energy rips from the doll to strike Sthai in the forehead, branding the skin with a bleeding, perfect circle.

Collapsing with a low, incoherent cry, Sthai strikes her head on the floor with a resounding crack.

The doll spins in the air, turning to orient its featureless face toward Lavinya.

Spasming once, then twice, Sthai drools, then goes absolutely still.

A heated, argumentative voice says, "She is...more worthy than most, Our child. See that her path is a clear one."

A maddening alien tongue nigh-incomprehensibly says, "We will not tolerate Our own, nor this city, to languish in that which may be but is not reached for."

Droning and monotonous, an insipid voice says, "And We have just presented you with another means to accomplish it. See that We haven't slain her. Regrettable."

The doll abruptly drops to the floor with a soft whiff of fabric, once more completely ordinary and inert.

Marigeya d'Murani blinks.

Marigeya d'Murani says, "Miss Sthai? ...Ma'am?"

Marigeya d'Murani hurries forward, crouching to place a hand on the fallen woman's shoulder, shaking it gently.

(Redacted): Marigeya d'Murani says, "Mister Ixion! Mister Ixion!"

Sthai drools a bit more on the floor.

(Redacted): Ixion says, "Yes?"

(Redacted): Marigeya d'Murani says, "Miss Sthai is lying on the floor and she isn't moving!"

(Redacted): Ixion says, "Looks to me like she is here and faintly smiling."

Marigeya d'Murani looks up from her position at Sthai's shoulder, alarmed.

Marigeya d'Murani exclaims, "H-help!"

(Redacted): Ixion says, "If she's on the floor, be sure to suffocate her so Legion may devour a morsel without all the writhing."

Ixion's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Very classy."

Twitching, drooling, Sthai remains in a crumpled heap on the floor.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "A very loud thing writhing around on the dusty floor."

Ixion shrugs helplessly.

With youthful irritation, Marigeya d'Murani exclaims, "You're no help!"

Marigeya d'Murani stands, going to pick up her fallen doll in a rush.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Wouldn't you not prefer her to just expire so we may delivery her corpse unto Him?"

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "You prefer, rather."

Marigeya d'Murani exclaims, "No, no! Lord Legion picked her! And now everyone's just standing around watching!"

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Anyway, Lavinya I understand you list the tentacle trophy?"

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Lost, rather."

Marigeya d'Murani turns to regard the prone Sthai for a moment, then turns her gaze back to Ixion.

Marigeya d'Murani exclaims, "And it isn't even that entertaining, sir!"

Ixion bops Sthai on the head.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Wake up young one."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says to Sylvanas, "You, yes, get a bucket of water to throw in her face."

Sthai continues to drool on the floor, insensate.

Ixion gets out some rope and ties a few eel corpses together with a knot in the middle, resembling a vampire squid.

Ixion ponders the corpse of a bloated sewer eel thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

Marigeya d'Murani blinks.

Ixion accidentally slaps Sthai across the cheek with it as he hands it over to Lavinya saying, "Here. You can have this since your other thing is gone now."

--------Ixion gives me eel corpses because that is  an appropriate gift-----

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says to Sylvanas, "Guess you're mindless eh."

Ixion ponders the situation.

"Be right back!" Ixion cries.

Ixion takes a bucket filled to the brim with saltwater and chucks it at Sthai but the bucket slips out of his hands and lands on her chest instead.

"Oops!" Ixion exclaims with a bashful expression.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Let's try that again."

Ixion grabs the bucket once more and harshly splashes her with saltwater.

Sthai moans like a wailing banshee.

"Eek!" Marigeya d'Murani shouts in fright.

With a bright giggle, Mari d'Murani dips into a curtsey before wandering west.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani hisses, "Burn them... drive them to the pit... whip them if they will not go. All of them. Burn all of them."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Was taking mental bets on it being a drunken stupor versus a ritualistic flailing."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Seems to be the latter."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani hisses, "Hereticsssssss."

(Redacted): Ixion says, "You okay Mari?"

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Guess everyone's mindless now except the floor duster over there."

Ixion creases his brow in a frown.
10800h, 9300m, 12300e, 10p, 0bl, 0br Belrxk<>-(XBHSPFAlspr) {26.6874}

You peer at Ixion unscrupulously.

(Cult of the Legion): Sthai says, "Tar... pour the tar over them - yes, the Fire of Nil, Penitent."

(Cult of the Legion): Sthai says, "Heretics. Hereticsssss."

Sthai spasms abruptly. A garbled hiss slips from her lips.

Prelude Krek says, "I'm just terrified."

Ixion chuckles long and heartily.

(Cult of the Legion): Sthai says, "Yesss... Legion yessss I will guide her. Hereticsssss."

You peer at Sthai unscrupulously.

You have emoted: Lavinya kneels before the fallen woman, shaking her shoulder.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani whispers, "Dearest Jane."

Sharply, you say, "Seditionist!"

Sthai opens her eyes slowly, a rictus grin splitting her face.

Her voice a hissing chirp, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani exclaims, "Kinswoman!"

Sthai grabs ahold of you by the shoulders, her hands a vise. "We are chosen, Lavinya! We're going to kill them ALL!"

Sthai squeals in excitement.

Sthai claps her hands together merrily.
10800h, 9300m, 12300e, 10p, 0bl, 0br Belrxk<>-(XBHSPFAlspr) {43.3642}

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "And dear little Jane and little Mari will help us. They will need..."

You slap Sthai on the cheek.

You say, "Show some restraint, Kinswoman."

Sthai beams at Lavinya, and hisses "Guidance."

You frown at Sthai.

Sthai drools like a simpering idiot.

Garbled, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani hisses, "Hereticsssss... guide the little children..."

Sthai smiles brightly, right through you, her eyes faraway. "Yes, Linaeve. Of course, Aois-Dana."

You have emoted: Lavinya grabs Sthai's shoulders and shakes her roughly. "This is most unseemly, control, you must learn control."

Sthai spasms and moans, her muscles briefly gone slack.

"Ugh!", you say in disgust.

Sthai collapses to her knees once more, beaming into nothingness.

Sthai flashes Ixion a joyous smile.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani hisses, "The little children... they came to meeeee."

You have emoted: Lavinya releases Sthai and stands, wiping her hands upon her skirts.

Sthai gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

2017/01/13 23:30:18 - Morgfyre granted Sthai entrance into the Cult of the Legion.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Nice to know you dream about children coming to you."

Sthai beams broadly at Ixion.

Fondly, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Dearest Jane. She brought me flowers."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Yes, Ranadae, a very promising child, this one. Don't drop her into the sea."

Sighing, you say, "She is hardly a useful tool in such a state."

Sthai nods and smiles, inclining her head to some unseen speaker.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Inclined to agree, if they were ever useful to begin with."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "You're quite correct, Brother Gavriel."

Sthai beams broadly at Ixion.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says to you, "You are welcome to jog her memory."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "With, say, a cuff across the beak. Or, you know, just murder her."

Blankly, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "But where is the child?"

You say, "I did try slapping her. Perhaps death will repair her wits."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "She shouldn't be without her governess."

You ponder Sthai thoughtfully, looking her up and down.

Concerned, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Ranadae? You promised Linaeve."

Sthai rises, frowning.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "That's not where the children live, Ranadae. They will be eaten."

Sthai leaves to the west.

You say, "Oh by the five."
-------------chase her down------------

You peer at Sthai unscrupulously.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "That was quite rude, Jane."

Using her tongue and the roof of her mouth, Sthai makes a quiet clicking noise.

You say to Sthai, "You must find your wits, Seditionist, or I will be forced to take harsh measures."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "You simply must not trouble your Uncle Ranadae like that. He ate the last two."

Sthai frowns at you.

Harshly, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "We obey no Warlord who cannot command, Lord Bhairan. Are so so afraid that you cannot wield a whip?"

Ixion looks about himself suspiciously.

You look up into the air for divine inspiration.

Surprised, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says to Ixion, "Daevos?"

You hide a grin behind your hand.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "That's a name, yes."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Poor thing is living in the past."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Children grow swiftly. Soon she'll not even remember."

Ixion gives a bucket to you.

Sthai smiles blandly.

You begin to wield a bucket in your left hand.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Poor dear."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Alas, I tried to wake her. Good luck."

You throw a bucket at Sthai.

Sthai stares blankly at you.

You say, "Well that did nothing."

To thin air, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Yes, Jane, very rude."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "Need to depart."

Sthai wanders about idly, looking lost or bored.

You nod your head at Ixion.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Take your coat."

Ixion jumps onto an aquamarine surfboard and surfs off to the southeast.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Poor lost child."

You say to Sthai, "Do you not have any concept of reality? How bothersome."

Sthai stares blankly at you.

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Of course I do, Sylthea."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "But if we do not take these risks, we cannot prosper."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Already the Engine turns slower."

You say to Avurekhos, "Bear witness, I perform a mercy."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Thoros is no true Warlord, but merely a blad."

Sthai wanders about idly, looking lost or bored.

"Upon the blasphemer, His judgement I bring," you sing, while a malachite Ouroborian violin embellished with amaranths lets loose with screaming melodies, and you look directly at Sthai.

Sweat breaks out on your forehead, as you struggle to maintain the killing note. Ghostly spiked bands materialize around Sthai, which slowly begin to turn and screech like rusty iron cogs.

Damned Avurekhos Myeras, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says to you, "I should have performed a mercy for you as well, but go on."

You bring the killing note of your song to a screaming conclusion. Harmoniously screeching with each rusty turn, the spinning spiked iron bands close around Sthai, who screams as she is chopped into a bloody puree.
You have slain Sthai.

You pick up the corpse of Sthai.

Tonelessly, The soul of Sthai d'Murani says, "How rude, Linaeve."
----------return to find her alive at the Megalith--------

Sthai stares blankly into space.

Sthai leaves to the north.

The Necropolis Library Atrium.
Swirling eddies of chaotic, dancing ether glisten like stars from a shield shrine of Morgfyre nearby. A library catalogue rests here on a pedestal. Bathing the area in sanguine, disturbing light, a sinister chandelier of the Crimson Masque hangs from the ceiling. There are 2 chairs of carved marble here. Curving about in a half circle, a desk seemingly carved from a single boulder rests here. Smouldering across the canvas of the painting, a magnificent sunset over the industrial quarter irresistibly draws the eye. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A crystalline key rests in the corner, sparkling in the available light. Seditionist Sthai d'Murani is here. She wields a ceramic teapot in her left hand. You may use the LIBRARY commands here.

Sthai sits herself down on a chair of carved marble and makes herself comfortable.

You give Sthai the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.

Sthai unfurls and examines one of her scrolls.

You say, "Seditionist?"

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Kinswoman. Is there something I can help you with?"

Sthai makes a note on a scroll and furls it.

With a thin smile, you say, "I merely wished to thank you for your highly enlightening sermon."

Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Ah. Yes. Thank you, Lavinya."

You incline your head respectfully to Sthai and reverently form the unbroken circle of the Ouroboros with your fingers.

Sthai begins to wield a glowing purple quill in her right hand.

Sthai inclines her head politely to those around her.

Your eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Comments

• That was awesome.

(And now I miss some of the people Sthai mentioned.)
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The doll flares with a roiling nimbus of oilslick colour, suspended just above the fabric.

Sthai freezes, going absolutely still, save for a faint tremour in her hand.

Faintly, Seditionist Sthai d'Murani says, "Oh."

Best part. 

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.