Help me learn to toggle mmf

I'm not really looking for anybody to write this bit of code for me. Rather I am interested in knowing what principles you coding wizards would use to accomplish stuff, so I can learn to do future projects myself.

The goal: I would like to make a toggle that disables all standard mmf curing, replacing all cures with one simple command, "cure me". The idea is so that when bashing I don't need to use any curatives in lieu of Healing instead, but I can toggle it back for combat situations where the more sophisticated standard curing is obviously more appropriate.

What would you do to accomplish this? Especially where would you look through all the lines of code in the system, to make sure any new such toggle doesn't explode the whole system? Or any other efforts you might make to streamline, make it efficient, or whatever other priority wizards have when doing this stuff.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    pp is the built in pause button. Is that what you're looking for?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • No.

If you're on fire, for example, m&m will automatically apply ice. I'd like to tweak it so instead of "apply ice" it always sends "cure me", regardless of the actual cure. And also be able to toggle between the two behaviors.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • That sounds like a lot of work.

It may be easier to just build a second system alongside mm and switch between them yourself.

So just pause mm and switch on your own system for bashing?
  • The old Healing plugin had a full/partial/none setting for how much you wanted to use Healing vs traditional cures. Don't really remember how you changed it though.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • edited January 2017
    Veyils said:
    That sounds like a lot of work.

It may be easier to just build a second system alongside mm and switch between them yourself.

So just pause mm and switch on your own system for bashing?
    Yeah, it probably is, but something I want to learn how to do! Since CURE ME works (randomly?), I figure not working out prios should be fine. Something like whenever m&m notices an aff, all cures are that. But I've been breaking it pretty hard trying to do it that simply. 

Crek said:
    The old Healing plugin had a full/partial/none setting for how much you wanted to use Healing vs traditional cures. Don't really remember how you changed it though.

MMCONFIG USEHEALING NONE/PARTIAL/FULL, but even at full this module has never really given the kind of behaviour I'm looking for, which is not using other cures at all. I think it only modifies cleanse/succor?

• Oh just had an idea based on your comment.

You could add an item in all the prios that just does cure me. Kinda how the slow curing list has different actions in the list from eat dust/sip slush/etc. Then you can just import export prios with the cure me thing at the top and bottom of the list to switch around. It'd be a bit crude but that may be an easy way to do it?
  • edited January 2017
    1. Make a variable, call it like... BashCuring.
    2. Make an alias that does mmignore <aff> for every aff (as well as the opposite, to not ignore them all), as well as toggle BashCuring from true/false
    3. Make a trigger for the 'You are afflicted with <x>.' line or whatever it is. On that line, do if BashCuring then mm.doadd("cure me") end
    4. OR make a trigger for 'You have slain <x>.' to do:
    if #mm.affl > 0 and BashCuring then
       mm.doadd("cure me")
    end
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Reylari said:
    2. Make an alias that does mmignore <aff> for every aff (as well as the opposite, to not ignore them all), as well as toggle BashCuring from true/false
    3. Make a trigger for the 'You are afflicted with <x>.' line or whatever it is. On that line, do if BashCuring then mm.doadd("cure me") end
       mm.doadd("cure me")
    end

Point three I think is part of the issue not every bashing attack is on the affs message thing yet so it'll miss a ton and you'd need to go through and get all their lines which sounds like a pain.
  • Veyils said:
    Reylari said:
       mm.doadd("cure me")
    end

Point three I think is part of the issue not every bashing attack is on the affs message thing yet so it'll miss a ton and you'd need to go through and get all their lines which sounds like a pain.
    That's what #4 is for.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Why would a trigger for "OR make a trigger for 'You have slain <x>.' to do:" help you cure stuff when your bashing? Wouldn't you just get stuck with broken arms or weird stuff until you've killed something?

Just a bit confused?
  • edited January 2017
    Veyils said:
    Why would a trigger for "OR make a trigger for 'You have slain <x>.' to do:" help you cure stuff when your bashing? Wouldn't you just get stuck with broken arms or weird stuff until you've killed something?

Just a bit confused?
    I'm not getting stuck because any exceptions I can easily handle manually. I want mmf to stop consuming stuff.

edit - sometimes.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Bascially, reylari suggested the right way to go about this, I'll suggest some modifications, though.

What I did when the old healing was still a thing and m&m didn't cure as fast as I wanted it for bashing etc, I did the following:

1. have an alias to toggle afflictions handled by the 'healing system' as reylari suggested.
    2. have a kind of on balance loop thing that runs your healing thing every time you get balance, mm.addbalanceful might do
    3. on getting balance do the following, either succor yourself to get your afflictions OR use mm affs list
    4. send cure me blah ( or even cure me may do )
    5. if you keep a neat table which tracks the afflictions you've taught your system to handle, making the ignore/unignore on mm dynamic should be a breeze and make the system easily expandable.

Probably an hour of coding and testing should bring you something like this.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Thanks guys. These are all exactly the kind of contributions I am looking for.