Inspired by our sister game's thread of the same name
, we thought it would be fun to create a thread where we add fun tidbits about lore, events, mobs, and general Havens life. Feel free to add some of your own secret exploits! And now, without further adieu:
Did You Know?
- Maylea 1.0 liked leaving little Easter Eggs in all the things she did - not all areas or pockets have them (and some are just small one-liners), but it’s a legacy that some admin have taken up.
- There are several “joke” rooms in Lusternia: one entitled “Within the burning heart of Brother Sun” or, more infamously for ephemerals, “Within the tangled mass of Auseklis’ gargantuan beard.” They are Havens-Only rooms, but we often joke about throwing players in there.
- We have several progs that are just for the lulz. For instance, one intrepid admin created a hide-y box a la Metal Gear Solid, and who can forget our favorite, Gnome Chomsky.
- @Hoaracle developed a Lore System that was inspired by games like Dragon Age: Inquisiton and Skyrim; however, with the onset of Factions, the release time for that particular prog has been pushed back until soon(tm).
- There are a couple mushroom replicas in Estelbar, Acknor, the Gutter, Shallach, Magnagora’s Collegium, and Serenwilde that were introduced right after @Kalnid published a book about mycology. They serve no purpose (at least, not yet), but the admin who made them thought it was a little cute reference to IG publishing.
- We actually never planned on releasing Glomdoring as a player nation, but in the early days, people were pretty excited, and well… you all know how it turned out
- Our Quest System says there are at least 128 quests in Lusternia. This isa lie. We have a shitton of quests, but a lot of them are pre-Quest System. Most of our quests are “pockets:” small, relatively straightforward storylines, but they tend to have a lot of nice and little tidbits about various mythos. One (Worrel Fleece’s igloo) even foretold the eventual appearance of the village of Rikenfriez!
- A couple of Serenwilde’s mobs (Adasser, Adushoc, and Cataka) can teleport. Like, no joke, they will do everything a player would do via Teleport. The fun thing is that they aren’t stopped by a monolith.
- We have a pretty dope timeline of the Holy Celestine Empire starting from its inception all the way to the modern era. We wish there will be a day where we can just release it because it is so detailed, like omg.
- The ancient town Fenghuang is the inspiration for the Mornhai Sanctuary architecture - stilted homes, red clay tiles, blue tile roads, the lanterns. Once the atmosphere of the village was decided on, everything else fell into place.
- Havens volunteers are definite Pokemon fans, to the point where we have several types of pokeballs with varying capture rates. Gotta catch 'em all, you know?
- Secret Admin-only emote #1: You crack your ethereal whip, scarring Czixi's flesh and reminding Her that slacking bears a penalty of DEATH!