Lusternian AMA

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    PETALA
  • Veyils said:
    Think part of the issue is there are like no enchanters around half the time. Forgers are pretty rare as well. I like the idea of removing class links to professions.
    The issue is almost entirely the result of the staff to not implement something like enchantment tags or whatever and the existence of rings. I'll be cycling though some classes in the near future and for a week I've been trying to justify if I can make any enchantments for my shop. 

I can't justify it. They take up way too much space and do no generate enough income for me to financially justify making them. Enchantments suffer from two huge issues, the space they take up and how little they pay. The later isn't something that seems easy to change, and the former hasn't been addressed.

That said, Gaudiguch has been getting its act together with shops in general and I expect to make some items for novices for that.
  • @Steingrim the novice shop has all the enchants in cghelp essentials :)
  • You know damn well what cupcake Arix would be. And I would destroy either of the places with the tower of Hanoi puzzles, mostly the Prime because I got 3/4 of the way through and then a blizzard showed up. And I agree that finding enchantment is annoying, my acquisitio decayed, and my options were a ring for 950 and a brooch for 10k
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Nope. Manifestation of Mother Night is off limits. Sorry. :|

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Tower of Hanoi is on Moon as well
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I never found the tower of Hanoi puzzles especially challenging. Tedious, but not challenging. Even knowing how it works and keeping track on a piece of paper, at least once I neglected to do that puzzle first and by the time I finished it, the other parts of the Tar Pits quest had reset.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • weird question for @everyone: When you use pentagram/circle, do you imagine a sound effect, and if so what? For example, I imagine the bubble shield sound from Sonic three for circle and the electric shield for pentagram. Kind of a SHEEENG sound
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    No, but now I want to make a plugin that does that very thing. Thanks, Arix :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I hear a sort of Bwoop sound for circle (like the bubbles from SU), and that sound effect that final fantasies 7 and 8 used for when protect/reflect got triggered as pentagram. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    No, but now I want to make a plugin that does that very thing. Thanks, Arix :(
    Sojiro used to have a sound when you said his name.

... We may have said his name many many times until it went away.
  • edited March 2017
    It's crazy how I'm the only Taurian warrior around.
  • where & how does @everyone generate their rp?

• edited March 2017
    Fyler said:
    It's birthed from the depths of my bitchy, black heart. 
    explains how you survive your IRL workplace and thrive. i would have murderized someone already -for real-.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Why do you think Fyler's moved so much?
    Ordassa said:
    where & how does @everyone generate their rp?

I don't think I fully understand the question.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    Ordassa said:

I don't think I fully understand the question.
    AKA  how to do character development RP with others
  • Luce said:
    Why do you think Fyler's moved so much?
    happy feet?
  • @Shaddus What is a combination you haven't tried yet and why? What has been your favourite to jump into, even if you didn't stick with it?
    Ordassa said:

@Ordassa It's hard to answer that question, since the bulk of Ev's RP was developed a decade ago. By now, when i log in, it's easy to adopt his persona.

When I create other characters though, I generally establish a few base lines. What is their speech like? What's their view of their own city/commune and of others? Do they have any physical quirks or favorite poses/emotes? That's usually enough for me to establish a new character. All the work after that is asking myself, "How would this character react to this conversation/situation through their particular lens?". And accepting that, over time, a character may change--a lot. Pre-execution Everiine is different from post-execution Everiine, just as Young Wing Everiine is different from Old Bird Everiine.

edited March 2017
    Isune said:
    @Shaddus What is a combination you haven't tried yet and why? What has been your favourite to jump into, even if you didn't stick with it?
    If by combination you mean "guild and type of person", none. It's been a while since I've tinkered around with the Moondancers due to a bad experience long ago, so maybe that'll happen soon. 

I tend to really enjoy guilds/race combinations that nobody would expect. Mugwump monks, orclach mages. One of the more interesting rps I wanted to do but that never took off, was a taurian shaman (druid). I've actually never had a wilde/wyrdenwood, and would enjoy doing one. I'd probably do some sort of weird role play where my character is shaped more like a carytid, trying to maintain a vaguely humanoid form while still being a tree.

If IRE would let me have my way, I would scrub 90% of my character list, and start over with new concepts. 

---------------

As for favorites, that's a tough one. @Tortuga comes to mind, as a turtlekin Ninjakari. Raezon follower, a shell inlaid with silver runes portraying the Highmagic Runes in order  (including a tail plate with Malkuth). He ended up going to Gaudiguch and fizzling out.

Another was @Regnaso, whose race escapes me at the moment. Follower of Eventru, Tahtetso, albino tattoist with a complete backstory that I've only told a few people. 

Then there was @Vitas. Oh, Vitas. Gained most of his commune ranks from decapitating high-ranked Seren people afk in their own org. Vitas was a follower of Crow (Crow being one of my favorite skill sets ever), which really didn't go well with Pureblade at the time. His personal belief wasn't that Serenwilde needed to be destroyed, more that it needed to be assaulted and beaten on until it learned to pay attention and be more vigilant. Anyone who wasn't wary deserved to die, in a weird "survival of the fittest" way.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    @Allplayers:

It's Halloween, and you're going as your character. What three items are you gonna bring with you that best explain your persona?
  • Shaddus said:
    @Allplayers:

It's Halloween, and you're going as your character. What three items are you gonna bring with you that best explain your persona?
    I imagine this would probably confuse more than explain. XD

Less tophat though

and one of these, like one of those mistletoe santa hats

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Assuming someone else is giving me the physique and fur, his spatula, his suit, and his Shevat bottle of tea.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus said:
    @Allplayers:

• A winnie the Pooh costume, a bottle of whiskey and a toy blaster-looking gun